What kind of cholesterol medication works best with least amount of side effects?

How does your diet look in general? Eliminating all processed foods and moving to strictly single ingredient foods is probably the best thing someone can do to improve their lipids.
I know it might not be everyones cup of tea due to lifestyle restrictions, palate, budget, etc, but I can guarantee if you make the switch to 5-6 meals consisting of lean meat (or fatty fish), rice/potatoes, veg and some sort of unsaturated fat added in, you'll see a drastic improvement in your lipid panel.
My meals are literally berry and yogurt smoothies with protein powder for break fast, chicken turkey or fish for lunch peanuts for snack and red meat for dinner. Twice a week the red meat dinner is spaghetti and lasagna. Some lunches are switched with steak and bacon and eggs for an extra brunch herd and there. Weekend breakfasts are blueberry pancakes or French toast one day amd bacon and eggs the next. My weakness is bread. On weekends I have it with meals and through the week I have it with dinner. Daily carbs are usually fruit and I give in to my sweet tooth sometimes when the wife buys cake or cookies etc..

My meals are literally berry and yogurt smoothies with protein powder for break fast, chicken turkey or fish for lunch peanuts for snack and red meat for dinner. Twice a week the red meat dinner is spaghetti and lasagna. Some lunches are switched with steak and bacon and eggs for an extra brunch herd and there. Weekend breakfasts are blueberry pancakes or French toast one day amd bacon and eggs the next. My weakness is bread. On weekends I have it with meals and through the week I have it with dinner. Daily carbs are usually fruit and I give in to my sweet tooth sometimes when the wife buys cake or cookies etc..
The diet doesnt look inherently bad, but you'd be surprised how much even things like yogurts, protein powders, bread, and it goes without saying those baked goods can negatively impact your lipids. They seem like harmless foods on the surface, but they're typically highly processed and filled with emulsifiers, artificial flavours/colours, preservatives. Pairing that with PED use obviously doesnt do any favours. I'm not saying thats the end all be all for you, but it might be a good thing to experiment with if you feel the need to.

The diet doesnt look inherently bad, but you'd be surprised how much even things like yogurts, protein powders, bread, and it goes without saying those baked goods can negatively impact your lipids. They seem like harmless foods on the surface, but they're typically highly processed and filled with emulsifiers, artificial flavours/colours, preservatives. Pairing that with PED use obviously doesnt do any favours. I'm not saying thats the end all be all for you, but it might be a good thing to experiment with if you feel the need to.
Thanks man. Yea it's definitely something to look into.

The male sex steroid, testosterone (T), is synthesized from cholesterol in the testicular Leydig cell under control of the pituitary gonadotropin LH.
While I'm here - @Palmer1991 you are taking some well deserved shit here and I don't feel the need to pile on. FWIW I think most could have been avoided by choosing your words more carefully and being clearer about fact vs your opinion.
Notice for example that I gave your reply above a like. That's because the reply as a stand alone statement is correct. However your original statement that I objected to says something very different. Whether that was out of ignorance or just poorly worded IDK but there is a noticeable pattern to your recent posts.

Hey asshole...was that supposed to be funny?

For the record....It wasn't. I find zero humour in it at all.

It's time for you to stop running your twiggy little cunt mouth. I've had enough.

Maybe consider your fucking audience before opening that yap moron?

You're an offensive self proclaimed know it all.... but know absolutely nothing piece of absolute garbage.

Cut the stupidity. I won't tolerate it and neither will this board.
I don't think Mods should be allowed to make personal attacks like that. You should have a higher level of responsibility compared to others. Gondar and goldenrod handled it appropriately imo
I'm not even allowed to respond to that.
And they were correct, I thought I was pretty clear they were either: 1)a joke 2) not factual but more opinion 3) information I gained through word of mouth or 4) all of the above
But I see I was wrong in believing that

I'm sorry if the wisers joke offended, guys. You said think of target audience, your right your not my native buddies, but I figured with all the homosexual slurs and stuff made on this board and expecting people to understand it's a joke (I even did a joking emoji) and not take it seriously. I'm not native enough to qualify for status, but I'm native enough to have a first nations family and grow up On a first Nations reserve. These are jokes we would make so I guess my filter is down compared to other people on the subject.

Calling me a 'know it all when I know absolutely nothing' online is moot. Proving intelligence online is redundant. For all u know I have someone helping me and if I didn't I could prove or dismantle statements based off of a Google search I wouldn't even have to know the subject I could just copy and paste . Hell, our phones even autocorrect for us, for all u know I'm illiterate. Same goes for you, how do I know how smart you are? Do I gotta bust out the apa style references at the bottom of everything I say. I never claimed facts I said what I seen and or heard.

again with me mentioning that natives, aka mongolians -first nations are referred to as mongolian in terms of genes and DNA so don't complain about that comment either-...
so with me saying they have 25% thicker skulls, I could be wrong I already said that I could be, I wasn't trying to make a big deal out of it, in fact I was speaking about inconsistencies, meaning: the 'facts' are wrong somewhere. And when I say facts (in this particular situation) I'm referring to the things I heard and accepted as an answer at some point in my life....It was just what I heard threw word of mouth when I was younger...maybe the numbers were way off or they were just speaking with no knowledge on the subject idk, but people based on race do in fact have different size and shaped skulls compared to other races, that is a fact like an actual one, there is an entire department focused directly in that field of expertise in the criminal department, when they find skeletons.

So me knowing that as a fact, and someone telling me -through word of mouth as teenagers- that the dimensions to that fact is that natives has as much as a 25% thicker skull. I said sure sounds good I have to reason to doubt it.

(Golden rod, I did not mean to insult. Being to lots of first nations events a common issue they would bring up is high alcoholism and poorer education. Poorer education because of a higher chance of a troubled home, higher drop out rates, lack of resources, lack of preparation skills and often being the first generation to go to school outside of residential school, higher chance of being exposed to and engaging in criminal behaviour(these are statements made in past places I been too, not something I read in a book or online, growing up in a first Nations community this is stuff I would hear often. The people being highly educated and qualified making statements to governments for more resources and equal rights I figured that was a good source). But actually as first nations seem to be doing good in terms of education. A quick Google search I did just now shows that 53% of natives have post secondary education. Maybe before they were referring to our specific community. Idk it was way too long ago for me to say with certain.)

Didn't mean to push send yet, finger slipped...
Yea sure you can say I'm wrong....Cool... someone already did and I said okay, you might be right. I did a quick Google search and it said "xxxx" but that was just google, I didn't do any research into it. So if you do decide to research it and you say I'm wrong I WILL believe you. I heard people talk about it way back when and they seemed knowledgeable on the subject so I took it at face value, never thought of it again. We started talking about it on this thread and it popped in my head so I wrote it down....I just did a quick Google search 'do natives have thicker skulls' and Google said that thing I posted... the very first thing google said...the very first thing... I didn't divulge any deeper than that, if u wanna dig deeper go ahead.... I already said I could be wrong

the laws with gen pop needing a license to fish and only being allowed 2 fish at a time is the law where I am(I'm not referring to commercial) and if you have status you can catch as many as you want. Maybe cause I was on a reserve alone the river it was mainly the local bands who had a all fish,salmon, diet is more of a local thing but I can tell you that's the main thing eaten, everyone fishes for a side hussle or for fun. Where I grew up salmon and bannock are the staple foods and have been for generations.... for what they tell me... so didn't mean to offend. I was speaking about stuff that doesn't make sense

Stop making excuses, start being accountable for your actions.

Do not try to justify your ignorance by blaming others. See again....accountability for your words. Also see what you said vs. what doesn't get called out and how it might differ.

Stop presenting your opinions and what you heard from you dad's cousin's stepsister as fact....then only to pull back and claim your ignorance on the subject matter as an excuse when you get called out on it as horseshit.

Lastly, why would you ever think something you can call a friend who is known to you and who you have a relationship with would be something appropriate to say amongst strangers?

By the application of that logic, I should be able to walk into the towers at Jane and Finch and start dropping N bombs because I have black friends that are OK with it. Ridiculous.... so don't claim to be shocked at what was said to you...mod or not.

Your apology is hollow when you try to dismiss it by trying to explain why you think it was OK. It wasn't, there is no justification. Simply stating " I didn't mean to offend" is not an apology nor does it give reason for what you said. I'd respect you more if doubled back down and told me to go back to the bottle and my wagon burning ways. You're trying to excuse your accountability. Ain't going to happen.

You don't like my behavior? Too bad. I've staffed boards for at least 15 years. I know my role, and know it well. I assist and give time and respect to people that deserve it. You don't.

Trying to shift blame onto me because of my position here is a tactic that isn't going to work here.

You want me to treat you better? Be fucking better and cut the bullshit.

My cholesterol is getting pretty high. I hate to have to ask for medication but nothing I'm doing seems to help. I'm doing cardio 3 days a week acting tons of fruit, chicken turkey and fish 2 times a days. What kind of medication do people suggest?
Not a recommendation,
but niacin B3 in doses of about 2grams blocks the enzyme required for your liver to produce cholesterol. The only side effect I'm aware of is the niacin flush, which goes away after repeated use.

I'm not overly familiar with statins but the ones I commonly hear of bodybuilders using are fluvastatin & Lipitor (that's the brand name I believe, I'm not sure what the actual drug name is).

Out of curiosity, you say you're eating fish twice daily, are these omega 3 rich fish? How much total fats are you consuming daily? Anecdotally, my lipids have always came back better on a moderate-high fat diet (80-100g daily) compared to a lower fat diet (~60g daily). My preferred fat sources are wild salmon, olive oil and mixed nuts. With the additional omega 3s via supplementation. Just some food for thought, no pun intended
if your blasting anything hard on the liver you might want to talk to goldenrod.statins are terribly hard on the liver in general and when I was put on they tested my liver every 3 months.i'm not saying stop but was able to get off statins with some advice and working with the doc