What kind of cholesterol medication works best with least amount of side effects?

Is fish oil good for lowering ldl or just lowering triglycerides?
I can only tell you what my naturopathic books say and I'm not saying I agree with it but quality fish oil will help lower triglycerides but has little impact on ldl/high cholesterol. I suspect many would disagree based on their own usage and blood work.
Regardless of what I read I won't stop taking Carleson's fish oil - the benefits are numerous and I find it hard to imagine it doesn't help with lipids based on what I read and see.
That being said you can go to naturopathic websites and they will state it will not - just your triglycerides.

There was also a confusing part where they said dietary cholesterol has no risk. Everyone said ok eggs amd cheese are good but it's not the dietary cholesterol in food it the saturated fats that raise cholesterol. But agree its no longer as much about ldl amd hdl but apo a and apo b and the different sizes of high and low density particles.
But doctors still just test ldl and hdl and the ratio between the two correct? When they should be testing apo a and apo b and that ratio instead?

I can only tell you what my naturopathic books say and I'm not saying I agree with it but quality fish oil will help lower triglycerides but has little impact on ldl/high cholesterol. I suspect many would disagree based on their own usage and blood work.
Regardless of what I read I won't stop taking Carleson's fish oil - the benefits are numerous and I find it hard to imagine it doesn't help with lipids based on what I read and see.
That being said you can go to naturopathic websites and they will state it will not - just your triglycerides.
Omega 3 fish oils are worth taking just for the fact of better brain function and reduced inflammation. Raising good cholesterol is a bonus. Just wanted to throw that in there. Sorry.

More clearly I mean before I was into reading studys I just would hear dietary cholesterol is no longer considered a culprit but I thought by dietary cholesterol they meant saturated fats (dietary factor contributing to high cholesterol) lol.
The shit that gets me is that they say saturated fats are bad, unsaturated fats are good. So butter vs margarine debate starting....butter is saturated fat correct, but minimum ingredients, mainly milk ,cream, salt. Margerine is mainly unsaturated fats, but lots of shit ingredients, big list of garbage. Margerine is by far more unhealthy than butter. Even just the way my body runs using butter instead of Margerine is very noticeably better. So hard to navigate all the bullshit they tell us. Like the milk does the body good commercials from the past. Sorry but milk from the store is full of garbage and sugar added to it. For fucks sake i like to have cottage cheese with jam before bed and i read the ingredients and all i see is shit after shit ingredient. Really tring to eat healthy non manipulated foods is hard as hell unless you cut your food list down to 10 items or so. Ohh and dont forget to spend a fortune to clean your drinking water. Dammit, rant over sorry.

The shit that gets me is that they say saturated fats are bad, unsaturated fats are good. So butter vs margarine debate starting....butter is saturated fat correct, but minimum ingredients, mainly milk ,cream, salt. Margerine is mainly unsaturated fats, but lots of shit ingredients, big list of garbage. Margerine is by far more unhealthy than butter. Even just the way my body runs using butter instead of Margerine is very noticeably better. So hard to navigate all the bullshit they tell us. Like the milk does the body good commercials from the past. Sorry but milk from the store is full of garbage and sugar added to it. For fucks sake i like to have cottage cheese with jam before bed and i read the ingredients and all i see is shit after shit ingredient. Really tring to eat healthy non manipulated foods is hard as hell unless you cut your food list down to 10 items or so. Ohh and dont forget to spend a fortune to clean your drinking water. Dammit, rant over sorry.
Yea it shouldn't be so hard, any decent studys should rise to the top and any lies should be uncovered so the best health influences and corporations should get together amd qrite the next text books based on up to date research. This divide is bullshit and I don't trust much of what I hear anymore specificlay because of this. I.e. butter vs margarine, sugar vs fat, meat vs vegan. There's too much money at stake and we will never hear a finalized truth.

Yea this topic was brought up a while ago and it got me thinking "why don't carnivores die of heart attacks?" My mind took me to looking up lions but when lions die of old age, its from arthritis and they no longer can hunt they way they could so they get kicked outta the pack and they die of starvation... so apparently bears have an insane cholesterol level yet they aren't known to have or die of heart disease. So it is kinda like wtf?

Yea this topic was brought up a while ago and it got me thinking "why don't carnivores die of heart attacks?" My mind took me to looking up lions but when lions die of old age, its from arthritis and they no longer can hunt they way they could so they get kicked outta the pack and they die of starvation... so apparently bears have an insane cholesterol level yet they aren't known to have or die of heart disease. So it is kinda like wtf?
That's where i started thinking about grass fed beef over grain fed grain being less natural and also cooking the meat is oxidizing the fats making them toxic and inflammatory. Cave men and tribal groups must of cooking food so the only difference would be maybe intermitten fasting between hunts etc.. or other things eating with meat like vegetables fruits etc. I read some bullshit thing the other day that said people should only have 6 oz of lean meat a day, and one egg a day lol. Yea right and be a scrawny alien looking mother fucker

That's where i started thinking about grass fed beef over grain fed grain being less natural and also cooking the meat is oxidizing the fats making them toxic and inflammatory. Cave men and tribal groups must of cooking food so the only difference would be maybe intermitten fasting between hunts etc.. or other things eating with meat like vegetables fruits etc. I read some bullshit thing the other day that said people should only have 6 oz of lean meat a day, and one egg a day lol. Yea right and be a scrawny alien looking mother fucker
Yea this whole oxidizing fat thing is new to me. I been meaning to read more about it.... I thought I was hella smart by draining beef fat and replacing it with olive oil and cooking it... just when u think u know something eh lol

Well most people only need like 60 grams of protein or something a day when they don't excersise.... Japanese have an average life span of a decade longer then us. So just eat sticky rice seaweed and raw shit

Yea this whole oxidizing fat thing is new to me. I been meaning to read more about it.... I thought I was hella smart by draining beef fat and replacing it with olive oil and cooking it... just when u think u know something eh lol
I think cooked animal fats are carcinogenic too but I haven't read any recent studys or anything on it

Well most people only need like 60 grams of protein or something a day when they don't excersise.... Japanese have an average life span of a decade longer then us. So just eat sticky rice seaweed and raw shit
It's funny you mentioned them I think Japan specifically is where we figured out o7r omega 3 to 6 ratio is off. Ours is like 20 to 1 o6 to o3 and Japan's is like 4 to 1. Don't quote me though as far as I believe it's Japan I'm thinking of

@Palmer1991
The Japanese have an omega–3 fatty acid intake of 0.6% of energy LNA and 0.5% of energy EPA and DHA. Their recommendation is consistent with an omega–6:eek:mega–3 range of 2.7–3.6/1

It has been estimated that in developed countries, the ratio of omega-6s to omega-3s is closer to 15:1 Another estimate is that "[t]he diet consumed by the typical American tends to contain 14–25 times more omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3 fatty acids."

That's another odd thing cause isn't coconut oil like just saturated fats and omega 6's?
Also like they say we should only have like 3 grams of omega 3's a day or something and anything over can cause side effects. Super weird contradictions

Another contradiction about omegas is it being good for the brain, obviously lots of factors are involved in such a comparison but natives have like a 25% thicker skull leading to a much smaller brain and they live off of fish oils so you would think they're brains would have developed more rapid than ours because all the omegas they get in a day, not be behind in the evolution pool.

Like probably the biggest factor is they didn't have school till recently so maybe cramming information makes you developed a bigger brain or something.

The issue with these contradicting studies isn't the time it takes to pull off scientific studies like this, it's the ethics involved. Deliberately making someone eat something different their whole lives to see if they get negative reactions to it, like based on the studies today you would be trying to give one group a heart attack young while trying to make the others live as long as possible. So all these study's will forever just be studies they will never get a complete scientific study where they eliminated all factors. But I watched a video the other day where they have not only continued stem cell research, which used to be banned for ethical reasons, but now they also sell procedures to the public from these stem cells. So if we can use aborted fetuses and umbilical cords for science now why not find a group who agrees with one study enough to base their life off of it. Lol
that's my rant on the whole food industry for the day.

I wonder how the Japanese have sumo wrestlers with all the low calorie healthy food they have

That's another odd thing cause isn't coconut oil like just saturated fats and omega 6's?
Also like they say we should only have like 3 grams of omega 3's a day or something and anything over can cause side effects. Super weird contradictions

Another contradiction about omegas is it being good for the brain, obviously lots of factors are involved in such a comparison but natives have like a 25% thicker skull leading to a much smaller brain and they live off of fish oils so you would think they're brains would have developed more rapid than ours because all the omegas they get in a day, not be behind in the evolution pool.

Like probably the biggest factor is they didn't have school till recently so maybe cramming information makes you developed a bigger brain or something.

The issue with these contradicting studies isn't the time it takes to pull off scientific studies like this, it's the ethics involved. Deliberately making someone eat something different their whole lives to see if they get negative reactions to it, like based on the studies today you would be trying to give one group a heart attack young while trying to make the others live as long as possible. So all these study's will forever just be studies they will never get a complete scientific study where they eliminated all factors. But I watched a video the other day where they have not only continued stem cell research, which used to be banned for ethical reasons, but now they also sell procedures to the public from these stem cells. So if we can use aborted fetuses and umbilical cords for science now why not find a group who agrees with one study enough to base their life off of it. Lol
that's my rant on the whole food industry for the day.

I wonder how the Japanese have sumo wrestlers with all the low calorie healthy food they have
I agree man. Science and food are two of the shadiest organizations. And also when you start eat too much fish then you got to worry about high mercury levels breaching the blood brain barrier amd leading to brain inflammation.