What kind of cholesterol medication works best with least amount of side effects?

Really good so far. I accidently froze the video when trying to rewind thirty seconds. But damn only 22 mins in and already learned a lot
You can ask your doc to do blood test to check your omega 3 and 6 levels I think too. I never have but I may sometime just for fun I don't really obsess over it I just generally try to keep them balanced.

You can ask your doc to do blood test to check your omega 3 and 6 levels I think too. I never have but I may sometime just for fun I don't really obsess over it I just generally try to keep them balanced.
Yea I been planning to do bloodwork to check for everything I can. The last two times I went there it was trying to convince to get a finasteride script, so next is bloodwork. I'm only 32 so I'm told I don't need to worry about it yet. But I've looked up a few excuses to get a bunch of things checked that I'm gunna use next time lol.
Then after that comes the next issue, having a nurse that barely speaks English find a vein lol. Usually they can't do it. Last time I had bloodwork it was at a hospital and three nurses tried before they got a doctor to come in and he pulled it from my armpit. So lifelabs is gunna suck I already know it lol.
Really good video, can't say I've ever seen oil being sold out of a refrigerator though. I shouldda took notes there was a part in the video I was like I gotta remember that to look it up but I don't remember and it's a 87min video so I ain't gunna rewatch it today

Yea I been planning to do bloodwork to check for everything I can. The last two times I went there it was trying to convince to get a finasteride script, so next is bloodwork. I'm only 32 so I'm told I don't need to worry about it yet. But I've looked up a few excuses to get a bunch of things checked that I'm gunna use next time lol.
Then after that comes the next issue, having a nurse that barely speaks English find a vein lol. Usually they can't do it. Last time I had bloodwork it was at a hospital and three nurses tried before they got a doctor to come in and he pulled it from my armpit. So lifelabs is gunna suck I already know it lol.
Really good video, can't say I've ever seen oil being sold out of a refrigerator though. I shouldda took notes there was a part in the video I was like I gotta remember that to look it up but I don't remember and it's a 87min video so I ain't gunna rewatch it today
Naturopaths, functional medicine practitioners and trt clinics do the best blood work very thorough. Gp's don't do shit unless you have a serious symptom or condition. Usually, but some people get lucky. I originally only went to my trt clinic for the bloodwork. After going he said I qualified for testosterone lol

All good oils, need to be refrigerated free radical damage.

Do some research and get the stats on how many 30 year old people die of diseases that were not caught early enough. Sure - an 80 year old is more apt to come down with something serious or deadlier than a 30 year old but I have lost friends in their 20's and 30's.
The whole medical system is messed up and it isn't meant for geriatric people, it is meant to be a healthy discussion between two people about concerns and what you can do to prevent diseases if caught early enough....
Anyway - I would ask the doctor (if they didn't just start practicing), have they had any 30 year old's pass away or get sick yet. I hope you are successful getting the help considering you pay for them to do so - taxes.

That's another odd thing cause isn't coconut oil like just saturated fats and omega 6's?
Also like they say we should only have like 3 grams of omega 3's a day or something and anything over can cause side effects. Super weird contradictions

Another contradiction about omegas is it being good for the brain, obviously lots of factors are involved in such a comparison but natives have like a 25% thicker skull leading to a much smaller brain and they live off of fish oils so you would think they're brains would have developed more rapid than ours because all the omegas they get in a day, not be behind in the evolution pool.

Like probably the biggest factor is they didn't have school till recently so maybe cramming information makes you developed a bigger brain or something.

The issue with these contradicting studies isn't the time it takes to pull off scientific studies like this, it's the ethics involved. Deliberately making someone eat something different their whole lives to see if they get negative reactions to it, like based on the studies today you would be trying to give one group a heart attack young while trying to make the others live as long as possible. So all these study's will forever just be studies they will never get a complete scientific study where they eliminated all factors. But I watched a video the other day where they have not only continued stem cell research, which used to be banned for ethical reasons, but now they also sell procedures to the public from these stem cells. So if we can use aborted fetuses and umbilical cords for science now why not find a group who agrees with one study enough to base their life off of it. Lol
that's my rant on the whole food industry for the day.

I wonder how the Japanese have sumo wrestlers with all the low calorie healthy food they have
Another contradiction about omegas is it being good for the brain, obviously lots of factors are involved in such a comparison but natives have like a 25% thicker skull leading to a much smaller brain and they live off of fish oils so you would think they're brains would have developed more rapid than ours because all the omegas they get in a day, not be behind in the evolution pool.
Where read this?? indians are behind in evolution and their skulls are 25% thicker than ours.

Where read this?? indians are behind in evolution and their skulls are 25% thicker than ours.
I've never heard this but even if that was a case which I know isn't, only some tribes are fisherman, it's a random guess but I'd say at least only 1/4 would be fisherman. You then have the cultures who farm, hunt, and at least a long time ago the nomadic warriors who would take over other villages. No tribes inland would eat fish

It also would have to account for any other costal culture. European, Asian, African, South American...

Traces of this lineage that are manifest in many Aboriginal fossils and many of the modern people include the more rugged bones and the huge, thick skulls with big brow ridges, wide noses, flat foreheads and massive projecting faces..

A very quick Google search showed this and there were many of sites below it. I don't care enough to prove my point to go into this if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but without digging too deep it seems to be a discussed topic with lots of info.

I've heard it many times in my life at school and on the block. Boxers say natives are harder to knock out cause their thicker skulls, paleo's say native have the closest resemblance to our older ancestors the Neanderthals... idk if u wanna do the research i wouldn't say ur wrong if u found contradictory information

Poorly worded or just plain wrong

WTF? Source for skulls? Explanation for silly fish oil statement?
The male sex steroid, testosterone (T), is synthesized from cholesterol in the testicular Leydig cell under control of the pituitary gonadotropin LH.

I've never heard this but even if that was a case which I know isn't, only some tribes are fisherman, it's a random guess but I'd say at least only 1/4 would be fisherman. You then have the cultures who farm, hunt, and at least a long time ago the nomadic warriors who would take over other villages. No tribes inland would eat fish
Idk I grew up on a native reserve and all of them preach about how all they ate was fish and they do eat a lot of fish even today. Lots of them are poor and have little food, but they have jars and jars of salmon they jarred up with their fam... salmon and bannock is the food they eat and cider and wisers is the fluids they drink 😋... idk about other provinces or states. Just saying what I know and have seen in terms of them eating just fish
It's one of their arguments on why they can fish as much as they want without a license whereas we need a license and we can only catch two fish. They're even allowed to use nets in the river, it's illegal for us... again that's just what it's like where I am. Idk about anywhere else.
I grew up on the soowahlie reserve in Cultus Lake. So I was the only white guy, so when it comes to local word of mouth native facts... I say facts loosely lol. But I heard it all. It was funny when I would bring a white guy on the reserve to go to my place they would hid in the bushes when they would hear a car, it's a dirt road so it's all rocks and cars going 20km, cause the rumor was Whitey's get killed on site

Last edited:
Idk I grew up on a native reserve and all of them preach about how all they ate was fish and they do eat a lot of fish even today. Lots of them are poor and have little food, but they have jars and jars of salmon they jarred up with their fam... salmon and bannock is the food they eat and cider and wisers is the fluids they drink 😋... idk about other provinces or states. Just saying what I know and have seen in terms of them eating just fish
It's one of their arguments on why they can fish as much as they want without a license whereas we need a license and we can only catch two fish. They're even allowed to use nets in the river, it's illegal for us... again that's just what it's like where I am. Idk about anywhere else.
I grew up on the soowahlie reserve in Cultus Lake. So I was the only white guy, so when it comes to local word of mouth native facts... I say facts loosely lol. But I heard it all. It was funny when I would bring a white guy on the reserve to go to my place they would hid in the bushes when they would hear a car, it's a dirt road so it's all rocks and cars going 20km, cause the rumor was Whitey's get killed on site
Hey asshole...was that supposed to be funny?

For the record....It wasn't. I find zero humour in it at all.

It's time for you to stop running your twiggy little cunt mouth. I've had enough.

Maybe consider your fucking audience before opening that yap moron?

You're an offensive self proclaimed know it all.... but know absolutely nothing piece of absolute garbage.

Cut the stupidity. I won't tolerate it and neither will this board.

Traces of this lineage that are manifest in many Aboriginal fossils and many of the modern people include the more rugged bones and the huge, thick skulls with big brow ridges, wide noses, flat foreheads and massive projecting faces..

A very quick Google search showed this and there were many of sites below it. I don't care enough to prove my point to go into this if I'm wrong I'm wrong, but without digging too deep it seems to be a discussed topic with lots of info.

I've heard it many times in my life at school and on the block. Boxers say natives are harder to knock out cause their thicker skulls, paleo's say native have the closest resemblance to our older ancestors the Neanderthals... idk if u wanna do the research i wouldn't say ur wrong if u found contradictory information
Palmer - please do as the member asked and post the pages you read this information on. No one could give a fiddler's fuck if you looked at Native Canadians and thought their skulls were bigger or they were harder to knock out.

There is a difference in skulls of different nationalities and it is called craniofacial anthropometry. It is used to determine who lived where in anthropology. I would like to read the papers by scientists (as well) that state Indians have 25% thicker skulls than any other nationality. I play sports against a lot of teams that are made of mainly Indians from this Province and I don't recall ever thinking they had flat foreheads and massive projecting faces. Wonder what would happen if you met some of them and say that to their face.

If you going to post insulting and offensive posts to many, you should be ready to back it up with facts. I don't care if you care to prove to your point - what you said may be offensive to many and expect to be questioned on it. You are clearly intelligent and white - we can see you picture and your white and read your well written posts, so the slow evolving Indians who can't understand, a favor and post something from today's scientists showing the Native Canadians of today have 1/4 larger skulls. If your goal was to insult Native Canadians you were effective in doing so. I think after your read BUN's post you will figure that out. I believe you stated, "they're brains would have developed more rapid than ours because all the omegas they get in a day, not be behind in the evolution pool." Do you realize how offensive that might be to someone here of that nationality? If your going to make statements like that, regardless of how forgiving this forum can be, back it up.

Are your numbers anything like mine bigbear? just did my blood work and these are my numbers.
Triglycerides 0.72
Total 5.91
HDL 1.50
LDL 4.08
Non HDL 4.41
A quick Google search says bad but I don't know just how worried I should be.
T.r.t. doc says to work harder on everything diet cardio etc, G.P. says let's get statins going but I'm not thrilled about that.
I figured time to talk to the experts, I know I had some recommendations in an earlier post but those are things I've read and not yet tried and should implement my own advice and I will up the fish oil and start red yeast rice and more fibre here.
On trt at the moment.

Are your numbers anything like mine bigbear? just did my blood work and these are my numbers.
Triglycerides 0.72
Total 5.91
HDL 1.50
LDL 4.08
Non HDL 4.41
T.r.t. doc says to work harder on everything diet cardio etc, G.P. says let's get statins going but I'm not thrilled about that.
I figured time to talk to the experts, I know I had some recommendations in an earlier post but those are things I've read and not yet tried and should implement my own advice and I will up the fish oil and start red yeast rice and more fibre here.
On trt at the moment.
My last check in May was
total cholesterol 5.24
triglycerides 0.63
LDL 3.84
HDL 1.29
Non hdl 4.13
LDL: HDL male 2.98
Triglyceride:hdl 0.49
Cholesterol:hdl 4.20

What I've been reading is fish oil only actually lowers triglycerides and can actually raise ldl. But it also increases the size of ldl particles which makes them less of a threat. Itske it but other then trigs I don't expect much of a change in numbers from it. My major changes are more fiber and more cardio. Long runs and hiit sprint sessions. If that doesn't work I may try lowering red meat next idk 😕

Triglycerides 0.72
Total 5.91
HDL 1.50
LDL 4.08
Non HDL 4.41
On trt at the moment.
Your trigs and HDL are great.
LDL could use some improvement but I definitely wouldn't consider a statin until you've really cleaned up the diet. Supplements are great but if your diet is full of highly processed foods and limited unsaturated fats, they probably won't do much good. I'm not making assumptions that your diet is shit btw, I'm just pointing that out.

But with those numbers he said I'm still fine, I asked for cholesterol meds because I wanted to giver with some orals but he said no need for meds yet. While none of the numbers alone are good they're all bad it's the ratio he looked at that said it was fine. I don't know which ratio

My last check in May was
total cholesterol 5.24
triglycerides 0.63
LDL 3.84
HDL 1.29
Non hdl 4.13
LDL: HDL male 2.98
Triglyceride:hdl 0.49
Cholesterol:hdl 4.20

What I've been reading is fish oil only actually lowers triglycerides and can actually raise ldl. But it also increases the size of ldl particles which makes them less of a threat. Itske it but other then trigs I don't expect much of a change in numbers from it. My major changes are more fiber and more cardio. Long runs and hiit sprint sessions. If that doesn't work I may try lowering red meat next idk 😕
How does your diet look in general? Eliminating all processed foods and moving to strictly single ingredient foods is probably the best thing someone can do to improve their lipids.
I know it might not be everyones cup of tea due to lifestyle restrictions, palate, budget, etc, but I can guarantee if you make the switch to 5-6 meals consisting of lean meat (or fatty fish), rice/potatoes, veg and some sort of unsaturated fat added in, you'll see a drastic improvement in your lipid panel.