Greta

I like her. She is a sixteen-year-old teen with a passion. She can speak in a contemporaneous and extemporaneous manner (that was a mouthful but I got a word of the day in) in a very knowledgeable way. She has a keen understanding of science and has managed to address some of the largest organizations in the world, including the US Congress, where she delivered a very succinct message and left. Pretty cool in comparison to some of the adults who appear before Congress. All this while living with Asperger's (I am having a hard time getting used to the DSM 5 description of ASD because I think it pathologizes a few too many people and has many on the lower end of the spectrum misdiagnosed, but I digress) which may make it easier for her to focus or maybe not. Perhaps Dr. Temple Grandin could answer that one.

I know some people don't believe in climate change, and they are entitled to their opinion. I gave up on the debate years ago when I started to read the Club of Rome reports. And that goes back to the early seventies. Warnings of climate change and lack of sustainability of the planet have been around for sixty years. Believe them or don't. It is a free society and one that has limited free speech. What I don't understand and never will, is why the need for personal attacks on a person in the written word or a physical manner. It's playground stuff.

As my friend @faller stated, fossil fuels have been a gift to the world and have fueled (pun intended) the most rapid development this world has ever seen. All we have to do is look at the developing world and see the hardships many endure daily. Heck man, I couldn't fathom having to venture out daily to gather sticks for a fire to cook my food in unsanitary water. I appreciate the world we live in but also see us at a turning point much like as when Henry Ford rolled his first Model T down an assembly line. We do have an opportunity to continue rapid growth if we work on it in a manner that focusses on sustainability as well as economic growth with myriad new green technologies in, agriculture, animal husbandry, energy and marine conservation. I think the FABLE report would be a good start in moving in this direction. It won't be easy, but it is doable.

Are we getting off fossil fuels? Maybe never. But with advanced use of hydroelectricity and the fruition of small modular nuclear reactor technology, along with enhanced reliability of wind and solar, we have an excellent chance of pushing forward without destroying our planet and allowing more nations to become developed. As more nations join the developed world, we will see benefits for the global value chain from countries that are currently unable to contribute. It will all begin with fuel and infrastructure.

Time for lunch.

@Sorbate I agree 100 % with you in regards to medicating our kids, but that is best left for a PM. Way off-topic.

I don’t disagree with moving to cleaner energy sources. Nothing about that will be easy though. To have this insanity of us paying a carbon tax and thinking that will make a change on a global level is downright stupid in my opinion. So what are our current options??? Personally I think nuclear is the answer. People are terrified of it though. In reality though it this is the best chance. There is no way we can generate enough electricity in a green fashion given current technologies. Also our electrical grid would need a complete overhaul. There is no way we could run that type of juice through our existing power grid. This is a massive project to take on. If developing countries aren’t doing it then there is little point.

I disagree with you on Greta. I will take no advice from a 16 year old quack that doesn’t actually understand science. That doesn’t understand economies, and that creating panic in today’s brainwashed youth is not a good thing.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I feel though that she’s just the new poster child for the radical left and its another tool for them that if you don’t conform with their lunacy then you are a bully.

We aren’t doing the world any favours with greenhouse gasses but the earth has been warming on its own and will continue to.
Want to actually solve the issue??? Let’s get our world population under control

I don’t disagree with moving to cleaner energy sources. Nothing about that will be easy though. To have this insanity of us paying a carbon tax and thinking that will make a change on a global level is downright stupid in my opinion. So what are our current options??? Personally I think nuclear is the answer. People are terrified of it though. In reality though it this is the best chance. There is no way we can generate enough electricity in a green fashion given current technologies. Also our electrical grid would need a complete overhaul. There is no way we could run that type of juice through our existing power grid. This is a massive project to take on. If developing countries aren’t doing it then there is little point.

I disagree with you on Greta. I will take no advice from a 16 year old quack that doesn’t actually understand science. That doesn’t understand economies, and that creating panic in today’s brainwashed youth is not a good thing.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
I feel though that she’s just the new poster child for the radical left and its another tool for them that if you don’t conform with their lunacy then you are a bully.

We aren’t doing the world any favours with greenhouse gasses but the earth has been warming on its own and will continue to.
Want to actually solve the issue??? Let’s get our world population under control

Did you actually read my post? Small modular nuclear reactor technology?

Yes indeed
I hope the world moves to nuclear. THAT is the real answer

It is, but it is expensive. Luckily the Candu series of reactors are affordable as reactors go and have very safe track records. And some unique designs. We have them in S Korea 4, Pakistan 1, India 2 (maybe not the best choice of pairing and we don't deal with India any longer but still technically support their program) China (going all out with two currently and funding for more) Argentina 1 and 1 in the planning phase. Romania has 4 in total, but I would have to ask in regards to what 2 of them are doing as they have been shuttered for a while. Too detailed for me at the moment.

I agree that nuclear has to be a significant part of future energy sources.

I see her as more of a child actor being pushed by the wealthy elite to further their agenda. She is a pawn. She probably does believe the bullshit she spews, which is even more troubling to me. But at the end of the day she is a muppet to push the propaganda.

It is, but it is expensive. Luckily the Candu series of reactors are affordable as reactors go and have very safe track records. And some unique designs. We have them in S Korea 4, Pakistan 1, India 2 (maybe not the best choice of pairing and we don't deal with India any longer but still technically support their program) China (going all out with two currently and funding for more) Argentina 1 and 1 in the planning phase. Romania has 4 in total, but I would have to ask in regards to what 2 of them are doing as they have been shuttered for a while. Too detailed for me at the moment.

I agree that nuclear has to be a significant part of future energy sources.

Bill Gates foundation is trying ťo have some made.

Ugh. This is a typically liberal tactic. No one can speak out against her or the are monsters and child abusers.

Use a child, trans, ethnic person to tout your cause and if anyone speaks out against them we will say they are monsters, transphobic or homophobic, racist or xenophobic. It’s lovely.

Ok back to wearing my tin foil hat and picking the greasiest fantasy hockey team of all time.

"Earth rangers" is the major first step I noticed in driving climate change into the youngsters mind. There going school to school with their presentations, and guess what? You can become an earth ranger! So of course they do a great playful job of it and now my boy is an earth ranger and has "missions" to complete ect ect all to do with being more earth friendly. And whatever he's having fun with it I just thought it was funny cause next thing you know hes going to be standing in the way protesting some pipe line when he's older.

Ok, this child sure give her credit for having public speaking abilities.... but check her pocket she have an iPhone? How much pollution and e waste is attributed to that? The plane she flew to Canada on did it run on hopes and dreams? You show me someone concerned about the climate that lives the life and doesn’t scream or over react like their hair is on fire, then I’ll listen.

Now we have a new term...”eco anxiety”. Are you kidding me? Apparently now kids today can’t sleep or are “triggered” because of their concern for the environment. What a joke! Tell those kids to walk to the mall instead of asking mom and dad for a drive... give up the cell phone give up the iPads.

Where’s the youth of today screaming from the hill tops about their future being compromised by the federal government burrying is in debt? That’s more of a immediate impact on their lives than environment. Bankrupt Canada there’s no health care... where’s the concern for that? Oh wait cuz there’s no money to be made off of being concerned for that.

We need real stats not just selective stats that support certain agendas. I don’t disagree the climate is changing, its if man only due to mans activity is what I call into question

Regardless of whether one believes in climate change or not hmmmmm.... this can go back and forth over and over again. Really? Why argue if there is or isn’t global warming?

Regardless if it is or isn’t happening.....What can’t be denied is that that the environment is horribly fucked up and as we evolve and grow as a species....it continues to get worse and worse. And I’m no tree hugging, mushroom tea sipping, Birkenstock wearing, vegan tree hugger.

There are many things that we could do to reduce our impact on the environment, but the question is.... do we really want to. We love our conveniences more than anything.

I liken this to the same type of thing as why people smoke or are unhealthy or whatever. You know it’s not good for you.... you know it raises risk for cancer. You know this is all proven.... yet you still smoke. Until the day the doctor tells you that you have cancer.

For a time I don’t know if it was as bad. We were fucking up the northern hemisphere in developed worlds for the most part only I suppose. Now globalization spreads this to other parts of the world that once lived simpler lives. And theses places are populated in the billions. It’s bleak.

And here’s the kicker.... you can’t really blame someone living in a second or third world country to want what we have. hey So it’s tough to hold them accountable for what’s being allowed in those other countries... with mostly the developed world driving it though.

I think it’s fucking horrible though that the everyday typical sjw types can post about their “actions” on a social media source and tell us what we all should be doing when they are just as much the problem, if not more so because all they do is talk.... and you know how cheap that is. But they feel good about it and make money for nothing.

Like anything.... we won’t change anything... really change anything until it’s too late. It’s human nature.

Ok, this child sure give her credit for having public speaking abilities.... but check her pocket she have an iPhone? How much pollution and e waste is attributed to that? The plane she flew to Canada on did it run on hopes and dreams? You show me someone concerned about the climate that lives the life and doesn’t scream or over react like their hair is on fire, then I’ll listen.

Now we have a new term...”eco anxiety”. Are you kidding me? Apparently now kids today can’t sleep or are “triggered” because of their concern for the environment. What a joke! Tell those kids to walk to the mall instead of asking mom and dad for a drive... give up the cell phone give up the iPads.

Where’s the youth of today screaming from the hill tops about their future being compromised by the federal government burrying is in debt? That’s more of a immediate impact on their lives than environment. Bankrupt Canada there’s no health care... where’s the concern for that? Oh wait cuz there’s no money to be made off of being concerned for that.

We need real stats not just selective stats that support certain agendas. I don’t disagree the climate is changing, its if man only due to mans activity is what I call into question

She actually sailed across the ocean

I was watching an interview with Maxime Bernier last night. The “journalist “ made a statement the the most important issue to Canadians during this election is climate change. I thought it was funny because any conversation i have had with anyone regarding Canadian politics or the election, climate has never been a topic. But it does distract from important issues like economy, pipelines and of course the always avoided topic, the predatory banking system.

And during climate debate or discussion, why is it that climate engineering or “chemtrails” are never mentioned? They finally admit it is real, even though anyone who looks up can see it, but why isnt it discussed? That seems like man made climate change to me.

Ok, I believe that we need to stop this bullshit money making project call carbon dioxide.
We need to actually take care of real issues pertaining to the environment, like less electronics, better recycling methods, maybe instead of turning out the lights for an hour, go out and clean up garbage.
Yes we need to evolve, but we already are. Oil companies have been diversifying for a while, EPA was brought in to clean up poluted lakes and rivers, out environmental policies on everything has become more strict. It’s not like nothing is being done.

Anyhow, I know the climate changes, I don’t believe that we can change our ways enough to stop it, and even if we don’t, I don’t believe that the change to the climate or co2 is bad. Since I’ve been a child the climate has changed a lot. Back and forth. As a child it was cold in the late 70’s, every scientist thought there was a new ice age, then it warmed, now it’s cooling again. I’d hedge my bet on orbital cycles and sun output as the biggest preductor.

Here is a video, please watch it, I have been saying what he is saying for years. I truly believe that we are doing our planet a favour by releasing the carbon back into the air. No carbon, no plants, no oxygen no life. Once the planet cools enough the core cools, the magnetic field stops and the solar winds from the sun blow off our atmosphere. I don’t see how removing co2 even if it was the major source of green house gasses would be good?

Read some of the comments. There is one by Andrew which is likely the truth about this whole co2 model bullshit.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does she look satanic.

I think she is f ing cute. She is young. Odds are no boy friend. Inexperinced. A small Chested short virgin. Give her some daddy time and she might focus less on the environment. Lol.

I think she is f ing cute. She is young. Odds are no boy friend. Inexperinced. A small Chested short virgin. Give her some daddy time and she might focus less on the environment. Lol.[/QUO

Cute? Think she has a slight case of Down syndrome....