Fuck Trudeau and Fuck Bill Blaire

1 in 2.0M chance of dying via automatic gun in Canada, meanwhile 9-10 people per year die from lighting strike....god politics irk me.

Where did you get the stat? I know the Globe was being hassled trying to get figures on it by most police services they approached. Sudbury wanted to charge them over $20,000.00 to obtain it.

Man, I'm lucky. We were riding out a storm in 75 in a friend's shed when the tree adjacent to it was hit. The same thing, boom -crack at the same time. Half of the tree landed on the shed.

I've seen a few strikes but they were likely still a couple KM's away.....that was close enough to scare the shit out of me.

Well time to ban lightning then

I put in controls and stopped running in thunderstorms. Bionic knees would probably not react well to lightning. Being in the shed was simply foolish in retrospect. The tree was huge, but we had to have somewhere where we could party. Foolish kids.

I think we've hashed this out enough that there isn't much more to say really. Everyone has their opinions, but without a doubt, opinions become stronger and more fierce when the issue being debated has meaning to the person stating the opinion. That's what often makes it difficult for me to discuss firearms, freedom of choice and laws with anyone..

I know democracy has been mentioned here, but I honestly don't think there is much democracy left in our government. So many factors at play including self serving politicians, scewed media reports etc..

Anyways, I'm going to bow out of this thread and go clean my semi auto hand guns!

We don't have a 2nd amendment, but gun ownership is most definitely a freedom.

Not even close.

Freedom defined: the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint.
>absence of subjection to foreign domination or despotic government.
>the state of not being imprisoned or enslaved.
Section 1 of the Charter also recognizes that even in a democracy, rights and freedoms are not absolute.
The 2nd Amendment doesn't mention freedom but speaks of rights.
We Canadians are so dominated by Yankee culture we often mistake our Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms for the Yanks Constitution.
Section 1 of the Charter also recognizes that even in a democracy, rights and freedoms are not absolute.
I wonder how many people have read our Charter as opposed to cherry-picking the American Constitution?

I was speaking in the philosophical sense

I think we've hashed this out enough that there isn't much more to say really. Everyone has their opinions, but without a doubt, opinions become stronger and more fierce when the issue being debated has meaning to the person stating the opinion. That's what often makes it difficult for me to discuss firearms, freedom of choice and laws with anyone..

I know democracy has been mentioned here, but I honestly don't think there is much democracy left in our government. So many factors at play including self serving politicians, scewed media reports etc..

Anyways, I'm going to bow out of this thread and go clean my semi auto hand guns!

Well if this conversation has run it's course, can we shift gears to something less heated, like Trump impeachment?? ;)

Well if this conversation has run it's course, can we shift gears to something less heated, like Trump impeachment?? ;)

Meh.. Truth is, I'm smart enough to know I really don't know enough about USA politics, what trump has done/not done to even have an opinion. I learned to keep my mouth shut until I sorted out the facts

Meh.. Truth is, I'm smart enough to know I really don't know enough about USA politics, what trump has done/not done to even have an opinion. I learned to keep my mouth shut until I sorted out the facts

Oh ya, I was totally kidding bro. I'm happy to leave that drama to our southern neighbours

I think we're done with this one too. It was good. Nobody got snotty.
We can discuss the Bengal Famine of 1770 and the British Empire's role in creating it.

I think we're done with this one too. It was good. Nobody got snotty.
We can discuss the Bengal Famine of 1770 and the British Empire's role in creating it.

We've got a great community here. We're all bros. We can disagree without devolving into a flame war, even on a topic as contentious as this.

Clearly I don't agree with you Bags, but I respect your opinion and your willingness to voice it. This thread was an echo-chamber until you showed up.

I'm gonna step away now, and maybe Google "Bengal famine 1770" ;)