What's your supplement list during cycle?

Synyster

Trusted Member
Curious what you guys use while Ur on cycle. For me I use a ton of shit. When I'm focused on the gym and taking gear... These are the Supps I take.
I've done countless hours of research and altho I believe the supplement industry is 90% full of shit. I feel these supplements/vitamins etc do prove useful while using gear and trying to build muscle. Aswell as off gear but while on.. Things like selenium, Zinc, copper, chromium (if using insulin) are far more beneficial

Im currently just cruising on 200mg test e/week. So I'm not taking all of these... The ones I commonly take on a cruise I will put an asterisk before.

*-Creatine mono-5g pre (if using pre insulin ill take 5mg in am and another 5mg intra)
*-L- Glutamine - 10mg post workout, 10mg with last meal before bed
-EAA - 10-21g intra
-taurine - 3g intra plus another 2-4g/day
-digestive enzymes with meal 1 and meal 3-4
*-Vitamin d3 10000iu
*-Vitamin c 2-4g/day 500mg each meal
*-Melatonin -megadose 60-80mg per day
-Selenium 200mg/day
*-Zinc 100mg /day
*-5htp 200mg.before bed
*-Fish oil (liquid) - 15g/day (4g dha+epa)
*-Allmax vitastack 1 Pack per day
*-Vitamin b12 injection-1000mcg/week
*-Choline-1g/day while on orals or before cut
*-Inositol-1g/day while on orals or before cut
-NAC-2g/day while on orals or before a cut
-niacin 1-2g/day
*-Ubiquenol 200mg per day plus 100-200mg pre
-L theanine 300mg before bed. Sometimes 100mg pre workout also
-berberine 1g-1.5g/day
-Beet Root powder 5-10g preworkout
*-Whey protein iso - usually just 40g pre and 70g before bed
-Dextrose for when I run out of hbcd
-Highly branched cyclic dextrine 40-150g intra
*-Vitamin k2 (mk4) 600mcg
*-Magnesium glycinate - 1-3g/day (250mg per meal plus 500-1000mg before bed)
*-Pink salt - on all meals plus 2-4g intra
*-"No" salt (salt substitute) - 2-6g intra
*-preworkout - stim and no stim

Each has their own role... I don't think I have anything ground breaking on here but I also don't think I'm missing anything except perhaps copper.

Curious what you all take?

So as to get it out of the way let me be the first to say "you don't need all that shit, you can get everything you need from a good diet".

I don't believe that, I just wanted to be the first to say it. I take about half of the stuff you listed plus another handful you didn't. Don't have it handy to list atm though

My cycles are not like yours so keep that in mind when you read this. I simply add a small dose of one compound for an extended period at a low dose. Might be Primo at 150 mg and Sero HGH at 2 IU a day - nothing major but a boost.
Many of the supplements can be obtained by food sources and I firmly believe that is the way to go but there are a few that I would list albeit I would never take all at once. I rotate my supplements and use the ones that worked for me confirmed by BP readings and blood results.

The ones I try to take more regularly.
1. Same - 400 mg Am and PM
2. Fish oil - combined 3,000 mg of DHA and EPA from fish oil. Starting at 10,000 if BP spikes and titrate down. Good for thinning your blood / lipids and inflammation.
3. Astragalus - good for your immune system, adaptogen, kidneys health, can help lower BP and some protection for the kidneys. 1000 mg AM and PM
4. NAC - 600 mg Am and PM - increases glutathione / helps with breathing issues - lung issues.
5. Nigella Sativa - wonder herb: What hasn't it been studies for and isn't good for. I like Life extensions brand and it is relatively inexpensive and is great for BP, overall health, etc. 1000 mg AM and PM, up to 3000 mg if my BP demands it.
6. Low dose aspirin - Not for everyone as it comes with an ulcer and bleeding side effect. I take the enteric coated low dose EOD. The studies on aspirin are incredible - decreased cancer, liver health, BP help, help. I listed a lot in the health section if anyone wants to read them.
7. Raw ginger - super cheap and cut off a large chunk AM and PM and eat. Don't measure it but it is half the length of my thumb and about 2-3 times the diameter. Liver health, antioxidant, inflammation, etc. Just spend a little time reading on this herb and the health benefits to cost ratio are amazing.
8. Curcumin - EOD when I don't take aspirin. Again, health benefits such as anti-inflammatory, thins blood, may help with BP, antioxidant.
9. Melatonin - year round I take 10 (max 20 mg) of dual action melatonin nightly before bed.

There are supplements I mix in from time to time but not ED - vitamin C, zinc, vitamin D (not in the summer), apple cider vinegar (again cheap and a tablespoon or two a day is a good buy), Q10 / Ubiquinol - mix in periodically but get much better results with Nigella Sativa/black seed oil for BP.
Keep in mind when you read the list above - a lot of this is derived from food sources and are inexpensive. Some are more expensive and it is up to you if you decide if worth while or not. I focus a lot on my liver for reasons due to health issues in the past with my liver unrelated to PED use.

Unless you have an underlying health issues, just a suggestion but one of the best ways to keep your health up is to reduce inflammation and increase glutathione. Antioxidants are essential but glutathione is especially important. You can do this with foods and health fats which some in a lot of food and even good old EVOO.

I rotate the aforementioned when on TRT. If trying anything new I will add in most of the 8 aforementioned and get blood tests.

**Keep in mind curcumin is an amazing supplement but just like turmeric it requires something to increase it's bio-availability and a cheap and health option is chewing 8 - 10 peppercorns / the balls of pepper your grind to get your piperine to vastly increase your bodies ability to absorb and use this product. On another note and another rabbit hole - pepper is very healthy for a variety reasons. Just do a quick search on the health benefits of pepper.

All just opinion and I will repeat it again - I do not take all of these at the same time or at least very infrequently.

Should have also noted Phosphatidyl Choline as it is one of the best supplements for liver health. Again, not taken year round - take it for a few months and off for a few months.

I dont add much on cycle since I take a ton of stuff daily. If i didn't love tea i would probably add quercetin as well.

Gallon of green tea
Collagen
Multivitamin
Vit d
Zma
Curcumin
Nac
5g fish oil
Ubiquinol
Vitamin K
Creatine, coffee, tyrosine,eaas, hbcd( pre workout)

On cycle I add
Black cumin seed oil
Citrus bergamot

Your list is excessive. Stop overthinking there is no point in addressing every little detail often at the cost of the solid basics. If you don’t have your training and nutrition in order all of this is a waste.

Curcumin
Omega
K2 + D3
Collagen
Arjuna

Last edited:
So as to get it out of the way let me be the first to say "you don't need all that shit, you can get everything you need from a good diet".

I don't believe that, I just wanted to be the first to say it. I take about half of the stuff you listed plus another handful you didn't. Don't have it handy to list atm though

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man my list is no where near some of you guys maybe I need more jks .

I take milk thistle for my liver
Cumin/ turmeric for my joints and overall health
Vitamin d
4000 fish oil
And a bunch of multi vitamins , the animal park to be precise

My antioxidants I get from blueberries or black coffee

Man my list is no where near some of you guys maybe I need more jks .

I take milk thistle for my liver
Cumin/ turmeric for my joints and overall health
Vitamin d
4000 fish oil
And a bunch of multi vitamins , the animal park to be precise

My antioxidants I get from blueberries or black coffee

Athletic greens
Fish oil
Milk thistle
Coq10
Melatonin

For now. I cycle supplements different months and eat specific foods for specific things as well. Blue berry's olive oil nuts etc..
A fellow Athletic Greens user…kudos to you for having good taste..my wife and I have also been using this brand long term.

It’s important to research the company you’re investing in. Do they actually give a shit about your progress? Many do, but the flip side, many do not.

A fellow Athletic Greens user…kudos to you for having good taste..my wife and I have also been using this brand long term.

It’s important to research the company you’re investing in. Do they actually give a shit about your progress? Many do, but the flip side, many do not.
Its funny that you mention that - Athletics Greens is listed as Gluten Free but it still contains gluten. I was checking them out awhile back and emailed one of the reps. Its a not much ppm and under the amount to be considered "Gluten Free" still but for someone with an allergy or celiac disease I found it to be misleading.

Definitely research the companies first!

I dont add much on cycle since I take a ton of stuff daily. If i didn't love tea i would probably add quercetin as well.

Gallon of green tea
Collagen
Multivitamin
Vit d
Zma
Curcumin
Nac
5g fish oil
Ubiquinol
Vitamin K
Creatine, coffee, tyrosine,eaas, hbcd( pre workout)

On cycle I add
Black cumin seed oil
Citrus bergamot
Nice list. what are these used for?
Black cumin seed oil
Citrus bergamot

Its funny that you mention that - Athletics Greens is listed as Gluten Free but it still contains gluten. I was checking them out awhile back and emailed one of the reps. Its a not much ppm and under the amount to be considered "Gluten Free" still but for someone with an allergy or celiac disease I found it to be misleading.

Definitely research the companies first!
That's actually a big piss off, I was hoping they were a lot more precise for 100$ a month. I'm still happy with it for now but what else do we not know

That's actually a big piss off, I was hoping they were a lot more precise for 100$ a month. I'm still happy with it for now but what else do we not know
You'd be surprised. I did a chemistry lab back in University where we had to determine the amount of Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) within multiple vitamins as well as boxed OJ and fresh oranges. Obviously the fresh oranges had the highest values but I was surprised to find out brands like Jamieson actually underdose their supplements I think it came in around 960mg instead of 1000mg per pill.

For manufacturing purposes they are allowed to do this, I've seen it within cannabis industry too. Doesn't seem like much to the consumer but if the company makes 1 Billion pills a year and shorts each pill by ~50mg.... thats a lot of extra money to be made.

If you test your product and know there is gluten in it and mark it as gluten free, you don't care about the consumer IMO you just want to market to as many people as possible. I'm sure there are other good things in there but would you do the same if it were peanuts? "Comon guys theres only half a peanut in there who cares if you're allergic!"

Not saying it has anything to do with your supplements but a lot of supplements like the ones that affect blood lipid levels do not work on cycle or even a higher dosage of trt. We do need to come right down to trt levels.

Not saying it has anything to do with your supplements but a lot of supplements like the ones that affect blood lipid levels do not work on cycle or even a higher dosage of trt. We do need to come right down to trt levels.
Per Gondar - who are you addressing? Please explain - it would be good to know if the supplements people have been taking won't work unless you are natural or on a standard TRT dosage. Please list the sources for this information or if it is just personal experience.

thanks,
GR

Which supplements stop working when you run a cycle?