All drugs legal in BC now

I'm not a huge fan of this in any way! I don't believe it's going to help people by taking the stigma out of it. I believe things will become a lot worse and crime rates will skyrocket.
I became addicted to a substance that has been said to have no addiction properties to it. I even invested privately into a grow facility. I found legal dispensery weed extremely addictive and I found I would become aggressively agitated if I was running low.
I spent from 2015 to 2018 high every day after 4pm when I would finish work.
I spent 2019 to 2022 stoned everyday and didn't work. (Mental and physical health went to shit) I couldn't understand why I "needed" weed so damn badly. I would wake up and smoke even before a coffee and then wouldn't eat anything all day oreven at night. I couldn't stomach food.
My addiction to weed was bad enough I couldn't wait to die but couldn't pull the trigger myself.
I wanted help but every rehab place I called was out of my price range to be housed there. I didn't want a walk in and out place because I needed to have it removed from my life entirely. I gave up my shares but I continued to grow and buy from dispensaries. I could always tapper down on my own products. Something about the store.weed was different. I needed it even when I had my own. Weird right! Some where in there I started smoking cigarettes also!
Prior to any of this, I WAS NOT A SMOKER DRINKER OR DRUG USER. I worked out everyday I ate well, I did everything right.
My wife and I where going to take a loan out against the house so I could go to rehab.. fucking pathetic right? The nightmare is real and having easy access to it for someone that was never addicted to anything ever, and then became addicted to something that was supposed to be "none addictive" screamed something is being added.
I kept trying to kick it but I couldn't. My shrink said I needed to check in to rehab on my own accord for it to be at least 80% successful.
The beginning of Dec 2022 I given rezi weed to try. It did the job but I didn't crave it. Mid December I was staying clean during the day and did a job in Burlington and then went to the rez to pick up more. I bought 4oz came in nice Xmas baggies. I smoked away here and there but didn't crave for it. I refused to buy from the local dispensaries. End of Dec heart attack. Jan 4 stent. Jan 12th last time I smoked weed or cigarettes. Still haven't touched either to this day.
I still believe the dispensary products have something added and I'm sure it'll be revealed at some point.
I think its nicotine that's used. It's a natural insect herbicide and the plant cells absorb it.
Any way my point is the easy access is going to turn so many people into addicts that otherwise never would have tried any drugs. It's going to ruin lives and the lives around them that try to help them.
The help I received, it was everyone leaving me. My wife stayed barley and my one daughter. 1 friend I thought I had was only here for the free weed.
When I said I wanted to straighten out and return to my old life I lost my buddy also.

So even when you do quit and clean up, you're still alone! You still have no one.
And this was just weed! I can't imagine anything like coke fentenal opium lsd shrooms or what ever else is now legal.
It was only weed,.something that's not going to get you hooked. Bs
Addiction is terrible, doesnt matter what substance it is. When you have a real or severe addiction it will take everything from you. If your lucky, you will escape it alive. I feel for all that suffer from addiction. When i see people on the street all strung out and hurting from the drugs, i know what its like and it saddens me deeply to see how most people just think and treat them as sub human. These are humans that have been through some terrible things whether on purpose or not. They need and deserve some help. They may not be ready or willing yet, but at some point they will be, even if its on the way to the ER or when they are ODing on the sidewalk. They have danced with the devil and need help to escape him. That said, provided easier access to optain more and harsher substances is not a good solution. Everyone says, yeh but portugal. I have been to portugal prior and post drug legalization. The people in the drug infested areas and hangouts are still there. Governments report whatever they please. Theres less young people in portugal every year since early 2000s because the economy is shit. They have to go to the more economically stable countries to study and work. The people that are in portugal are mostly elders that drink wine and foreigners that want to work towards a better life. So if the younger crowd is leaving they would be doing drugs in other countries not portugal. There are the few drug addicts that stuck around and get wasted by the beach cafés day and night. Cant believe whatever Governments tell you. Covid should have tought most people that by now.

Legal and decriminalized are very different things.
However , Portugal proved this works . I’m behind it 100%.
Hopefully it puts a dent in our fentanyl problem that’s killing our kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think this is a terrible idea seeing as the violence is already crazy in bc………what do you think the gangs are gonna do when the market gets fuct cus the price got driven down………can easily say ok cool let the animals kill the animal’s but it never works like that. When I say animals I refer to crack and fent dealers shooting each other not the addicts. I think this is good in theory sort of in a way but it’s not gonna end well. If there’s more brazen shootings and stupid shit like that it just puts the public at risk.

Addiction is terrible, doesnt matter what substance it is. When you have a real or severe addiction it will take everything from you. If your lucky, you will escape it alive. I feel for all that suffer from addiction. When i see people on the street all strung out and hurting from the drugs, i know what its like and it saddens me deeply to see how most people just think and treat them as sub human. These are humans that have been through some terrible things whether on purpose or not. They need and deserve some help. They may not be ready or willing yet, but at some point they will be, even if its on the way to the ER or when they are ODing on the sidewalk. They have danced with the devil and need help to escape him. That said, provided easier access to optain more and harsher substances is not a good solution. Everyone says, yeh but portugal. I have been to portugal prior and post drug legalization. The people in the drug infested areas and hangouts are still there. Governments report whatever they please. Theres less young people in portugal every year since early 2000s because the economy is shit. They have to go to the more economically stable countries to study and work. The people that are in portugal are mostly elders that drink wine and foreigners that want to work towards a better life. So if the younger crowd is leaving they would be doing drugs in other countries not portugal. There are the few drug addicts that stuck around and get wasted by the beach cafés day and night. Cant believe whatever Governments tell you. Covid should have tought most people that by now.
I feel for ppl that come from other countries and don’t know what they’re getting themselves into. Ppl who know what these drugs I can’t wrap my head around why anyone ever even think for a second to try meth or crack or heroin or fent. Drugs are fuckin garbage.

Legal and decriminalized are very different things.
However , Portugal proved this works . I’m behind it 100%.
Hopefully it puts a dent in our fentanyl problem that’s killing our kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have 2 neighbours from Portugal. They said drug use is insane there. Part of the reason both moved. One guy said it looks good on paper because no one is arrested anymore, so the problem is solved, wink, wink.
Anyhow, it’s only 2 people, but I have a tendancy to believe people who lived there, over a article.

Now, it could be better than it was before.

Since decriminalization program in Portugal, the number of users in the system has tripled, and paradoxically the number of convictions has increased dramatically. Easier to collect a fine than to run a trial maybe.

Capture+_2023-03-20-09-27-48.png

Attachments

• Capture+_2023-03-20-09-27-48.png
    Capture+_2023-03-20-09-27-48.png
    872.3 KB · Views: 1
I think the major issue here is preventing overdose deaths mainly rom laced or dirty drugs. Maybe not packing jails with people who have mental health issues also. Not necessarily the stats on use. People drink and smoke cannabis like crazy too no one really cares. I'm sure also the government realizes the billions in revenues going to organized crime is better staying in the country and taxed

So less arrests but no reduction in use is seen as a sucess? Lol

Hey I don’t know if making everything completely legal will fix the issue or make it better, but instead of putting all the money there, I still believe better prevention is needed.
We are still tying to cure the disease after its contracted instead of proactive medicine

Cheaper drugs, more availability, less stigma, no risk of criminal prosecution for possession.
Obviously leads to less use, less addiction, less harm, less crime. Makes complete sense.

Clearly that's why they keep raising alcohol and tobacco taxes, to entice more consumption.
If they really wanted people to reduce consumption they would lower the prices.
Hey they need to adopt this method to the carbon tax. Reduce it so we reduce consumption of oil products. That is where they are going wrong and why its not working, lol.

So less arrests but no reduction in use is seen as a sucess? Lol

Hey I don’t know if making everything completely legal will fix the issue or make it better, but instead of Al coating all the money there, I still believe better prevention is needed.
We are still tying to cure the disease after its contracted instead of proactive medicine
You have to have prevention programs. As far as I know, and I am certainly not in the loop these days, the safe injection sites are staffed with counsellors, social workers, nurses and paramedics, all to attempt to get the addict to at least listen to what may be available. It is not like going to a drive-thru burger joint and ordering your daily fix. The safe consumption sites I was familiar with in TO still have problems with people coming to get clean needles and then heading out to the close by parks; Moss Park for one, injecting and leaving needles wherever.

Young people from my generation wouldn’t think of trying these because of who the typical user was, they were “dirty” skids. Clean them up and sell it from a dispensary and now it isn’t such a bad idea…
This statement is 100% accurate as experienced 1st hand. All the people who looked down on me when I was a smoker are now diving into these pot stores and boasting about it. I find it hilarious and on the same token makes me sick

I'm actually all for decriminalization, just not how this is being rolled out.
Addiction is a serious disease and needs to be treated like one, which does not mean prison but equally does not mean free to use without controls in place.
Medicalized safe consumption spaces make sense as treatment option. Id even be for free drug dispensing so long as it was consumed there with supervision.
Whats left out of the Portugal example is how they brought in commissions for counseling. Drug consumption was decriminalized, but appearance before the commission was mandatory.

I have 2 neighbours from Portugal. They said drug use is insane there. Part of the reason both moved. One guy said it looks good on paper because no one is arrested anymore, so the problem is solved, wink, wink.
Anyhow, it’s only 2 people, but I have a tendancy to believe people who lived there, over a article.

Now, it could be better than it was before.
Ya think if it’s not taboo at all how fuckin out of control and gross that will get

You have to have prevention programs. As far as I know, and I am certainly not in the loop these days, the safe injection sites are staffed with counsellors, social workers, nurses and paramedics, all to attempt to get the addict to at least listen to what may be available. It is not like going to a drive-thru burger joint and ordering your daily fix. The safe consumption sites I was familiar with in TO still have problems with people coming to get clean needles and then heading out to the close by parks; Moss Park for one, injecting and leaving needles wherever.
You know, I am mixed on this whole thing.
First off we need to try something different because we have been doing is not working. There is so many addicts everywhere now in our city, where 17 years ago there was so little.

I have no idea if decriminalizing will work, I think it won’t, but then I think of what I wrote above.
Honestly with this you know way more about it then I ever will. Even if you didn’t deal direct, you have the education and would have talked to co workers.

You know, I am mixed on this whole thing.
First off we need to try something different because we have been doing is not working. There is so many addicts everywhere now in our city, where 17 years ago there was so little.

I have no idea if decriminalizing will work, I think it won’t, but then I think of what I wrote above.
Honestly with this you know way more about it then I ever will. Even if you didn’t deal direct, you have the education and would have talked to co workers.
I don't know, either.

I think a few folks have already had way too many drugs and are succumbing to the brain cell losses...BC does this shit as an experiment for the elites out East, then they follow, always been that way in history.
Personally i think that a lot more folks will be getting hooked on the dangerous drugs as they come into easy purchase ability..
They will have a bigger issue in the health care system as it finds its way through the challenges that will come with this, and save some time and money in courts...

DRUG JUST WON THE WAR ON DRUGS, AGAIN....

I think a few folks have already had way too many drugs and are succumbing to the brain cell losses...BC does this shit as an experiment for the elites out East, then they follow, always been that way in history.
Personally i think that a lot more folks will be getting hooked on the dangerous drugs as they come into easy purchase ability..
They will have a bigger issue in the health care system as it finds its way through the challenges that will come with this, and save some time and money in courts...

DRUG JUST WON THE WAR ON DRUGS, AGAIN....
Ya I think defo the other provinces will
Follow suit to theres some sort of agenda probly I just don’t have an idea to
Hypothesize…….remember when one province locks down what happened. So ya like @Sorbate freind told him “looks good on paper” probly do the same here than spread thru Canada cus ya drug crime is down on paper as they’re not arresting anyone. Why they’re doing it? Probly so the government can control a bunch of money from street level drug trade. Makes sense there’s a lot of money involved. Is it for the good of everyone LOL not a fuckin chance. Definatley a financial agenda I just didn’t wanna speak first but @ironwill kind of said it so I’ll put it out there. Just a “conspiracy theory”

You know that doesn’t work. All you do is frustrate yourself.
I have lived this first hand with 2 cousins who I was really close to and a stepson.

There is a time where you need to give up. For your own sanity and sometimes safety. Everytime I hear of a couple of parents or a parent that was killed by their older child first thing I think is addict. And 9/10 times they were not taking the pills they were supposed to be taking and likely the voices were too much.

Kinda like my stepson at work last saturday. He misplaced his pills again, did show up to work, but you could see he was trying to hold it together. Anyhow I had went home, and my butcher asked him if he wanted to go home early because he was scaring the shit out of him. Talking about the voices and so on.
Do you think maybe he’s not off the meth? I have personal experience working with addicts. They will swear up and down they are clean and act like a schizophrenic for months, then get forced to dry out and then seem almost completely normal. Maybe he needs to spend a few months in jail to force himself sober.

Do you think maybe he’s not off the meth? I have personal experience working with addicts. They will swear up and down they are clean and act like a schizophrenic for months, then get forced to dry out and then seem almost completely normal. Maybe he needs to spend a few months in jail to force himself sober.
I agree. Drug induced psychosis mimics skizophrenia but usually stops 6 months to a year after drugs have stopped