All drugs legal in BC now

Palmer1991

Trusted Member
So I live in BC, all drugs were made legal up to 2 grams. Weed stores are now selling hallucinogens and some sell all forms of opiates besides fentynal and some are even allowed to grow poppies and coca plants to manufacture up to 2 pound of opium and cocaine at a time. What do you guys think about that?

Oh dear.

Theyre playing former Soviet Russia’s card only they used vodka. Stuff was pretty much free which kept everyone in a drunken stupor not giving a shit about anything enabling government to do whatever they wanted with no resistance.

I also heard all forms of birth control are now free?

So sad to see the government willing to make it easier to purchase dangerous drugs just to make more money in taxes to then not invest it into health but send it overseas to other nations

It had good results in Portugal. Nothing seemed to be working here so I'm glad there's been some sort of change and something that can stop organized crime is good. I'm all for it, people are going to do the shit anyway I just hope steroids can find their way in there somehow lol

It had good results in Portugal. Nothing seemed to be working here so I'm glad there's been some sort of change and something that can stop organized crime is good. I'm all for it, people are going to do the shit anyway I just hope steroids can find their way in there somehow lol
Unfortunately I do agree with you here @Jerbear , people will continue to use and it really should not fall on the state and us as taxpayers to manage people who want to live recklessly.

I say unfortunately as I’ve seen drugs and booze destroy a few lives and it’s sad, allowing people no restraint except money to purchase may not force them to want or try to change.

Places like Columbia and Bolivia where it's not as stigmatized don't have as high of addiction rates. They've been chewing leaves for centuries it's a part of their culture. Also look what prohibition did in the 30s I think this new law will cause some extra problems for a while but eventually start balancing out with some benifets. It's not like government dealer sites will accept your moms TV as payment lol

Seems like a bad idea. I have known a few who went down the path of coke or opioids and it was a disaster; two are dead and one is a train wreck.

One of the more troubling aspects is the legitimization of drugs used by the more seedy parts of society. Young people from my generation wouldn’t think of trying these because of who the typical user was, they were “dirty” skids. Clean them up and sell it from a dispensary and now it isn’t such a bad idea…

Won’t make a dent in org crime. It hasn’t slowed the cannabis underground and it won’t hurt sales for the big boys. Just leaves a wake of people hooked on hard to kick drugs. Schizophrenic’s and psychedelics is a whole other side of the coin.

I had a guy from Paru working for me. He said no one uses those drugs becuase they can’t afford them, plus the ones who do are shunned from society. Certian things are accepted but hard drugs like meth and such are not accepted.
At least from what he told me.

He said most drink or smoked weed because it was far cheaper.

Here we put the hard drug users on disability. Which helps them to keep buying. All the covid payments that they got which will never be paid back didn’t help things.

I truly do not know the answer. All I know is it wasn’t hard not to use meth or smoke coke, or take Fentanyl. Its not like no one hasn’t heard about what happens when you use that stuff. Yeah people make mistakes, but honestly we need to be educating the children more. We can have talks about changing sex, using sex toys, but we can’t Pump it in their minds over and over about drugs being bad?

Won’t stop all of it, but will drastically reduce it.

Last edited:
What's going to happen is BC drugs will show up in other places with a markup.
Just be another supply line, with counterfeiting of govt. approval.

Using this logic lets destigmatize tobacco too. That should encourage people to quit.

When your addicted it wont make a bit of difference where it comes from. You will find it. The only postive I see is less deaths from fentynal laced drugs, getting it from a legitimate source. The company that got approved to produce cocaine is actually on the stock market if anyone is intrested. XTRX.

Its the fact that kids will be looking forward to turning legal age to try these legal drugs, just like we were looking forward to drinking in bars and clubs back in the day. Maybe we can have opium lounges in canada too. Imagine hanging around the drug shop trying to get someone to grab you a gram of blow instead of trying to grab a six pack and a pack of smokes!

What's going to happen is BC drugs will show up in other places with a markup.
Just be another supply line, with counterfeiting of govt. approval.

Using this logic lets destigmatize tobacco too. That should encourage people to quit.
Or the black market drugs will reduce in price, like weed did.

When your addicted it wont make a bit of difference where it comes from. You will find it. The only postive I see is less deaths from fentynal laced drugs, getting it from a legitimate source. The company that got approved to produce cocaine is actually on the stock market if anyone is intrested. XTRX.
My stepson the biggest addict I know. Guy can’t stop using meth, will never touch fentanyl or any drug he thinks could be laced with it.
He has had 4 people die at his house now from that. He says he doesn’t want to die.

You would think that would be enough of a deterrent. My thought is let them die if they re using it. Can’t protect everyone from everything, sometimes gotta let nature take its course.

Sorry, I know it’s a horrible thought.

Or the black market drugs will reduce in price, like weed did.
Cheaper drugs, more availability, less stigma, no risk of criminal prosecution for possession.
Obviously leads to less use, less addiction, less harm, less crime. Makes complete sense.

Clearly that's why they keep raising alcohol and tobacco taxes, to entice more consumption.
If they really wanted people to reduce consumption they would lower the prices.