Started my first testosterone cycle, 400mg per week of Test pinned ED. The problem is that since starting I've had air hunger/shortness of breath (I feel like I can't get a satisfying deep breath). This is really annoying. I went to the ER and had a cardiologist run a battery of tests: everything is fine, no issues. This seriously makes me doubt continuing because I don't think I could handle this side effect for an entire cycle of 15 weeks. Would there be any solution that is not going down to TRT doses of test ? Does it eventually go away ?
I can only tell you what I know based on my experiences. I am not sure if this has anything to do with the testosterone / and no one here does either. Doesn't make anyone wrong - lots of excellent guesses just like mine is.
How many shots did you take so far, do you mind me asking what ester but I still don't think it is the testosterone. I agree with
@Bigbear - always possible that your body is not used to something and this is a reaction but shortness of breath? Also agree with
@storman (no disrespect to anyone else as I did not read every response) - could be what they refer to test flu, but since I never had it I can't confirm if that is a normal response.
Did the cardiologist set you up with a pumonologist? Cardiologist makes sense, but you could be having a minor asthma type reaction to the ester / compound. The tests don't take long and then a pulmonolist reads the results. I had the same twice and there was no reason determines and it went away. I saw a cardiologist and a pulmonologist in reverse order as I have a touch of asthma that can flare up. That feeling that you can still breath but are a little out of breath or can't get a good deep breath - that is what I felt. Like many things in life, no answer every provided but I had blood work done, chest X-ray, multiple cardiology and pulmonology tests done.
If you have a GP, go see him/her and tell them and they will have the ER report and if they will want you to see a pulmonologist (or should) and probably give you something to open up your 'tubes' to your lungs - that is a medical term lol. They may give you a combo product that helps with inflammation and also widens your airways to help taking a deep breath easier. The doctor will know what is best. I have a dual action inhaler and what is referred to as a rescue inhaler but luckily it is not required all the time.
Do you have a partner who can tell you if you are having any issues lately with snoring or typical sleep apnea symptoms? I don't think that is it but it is worth contemplating.
Best of luck