Why do bodybuilders die early when using steroids? by Akshay Chopra

I'd only go with olive oil. Vegetable oils are heated to a point that they become oxidised and toxic during manufacturing.
Yea I only do olive oil. I asked that about canola oil to a nutritionist and she said it doesn't matter they still say canola is the healthiest. I kinda feel like it's cause it's made in Canada they push it. But what other days do u have? It's not like someone on the keto diet is having 80-120 pills of fish oil a day. I read they don't even recommend more than like 3 grams of the EPA and DHA... I've been trying to figure out this for a while, I'm not roasting anyone just everything I read doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me

Yea I only do olive oil. I asked that about canola oil to a nutritionist and she said it doesn't matter they still say canola is the healthiest. I kinda feel like it's cause it's made in Canada they push it. But what other days do u have? It's not like someone on the keto diet is having 80-120 pills of fish oil a day. I read they don't even recommend more than like 3 grams of the EPA and DHA... I've been trying to figure out this for a while, I'm not roasting anyone just everything I read doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me
Extremely high amounts of fish oil can cause arterial fibulation I don't know how high the risk is though. And canola is funny i think it was first made for industrial lubrication and lamp oil. I think anyway I'm just adding some input I don't know everything lol

Slthough olive does oxidise too so maybe I'm missing something but I I'm thinking when eaten cold on salads or smoothies. When heated all the oils are probably equally unhealthy especially fried. Depending on their burning/smokimg/boiling points maybe ?

The thing I find is, we don't know anything about these people. I do know for a fact, the first gym I trained in you could do rails while you benched.

A millions factors out there, as well any chance "They" got to demonize Steroids "They" would. So there is that.....

I also barely used any orals, trusted labs, eat clean, lift smart...don't do hard drugs or any booze no simple sugars and ZERO cooking oils....

I would say the cutting for a show would be harder on a lot of peoples bodies, then the getting to the point where you are ready to go in a show....

:)

Rails while you bench Bwahahaha

Slthough olive does oxidise too so maybe I'm missing something but I I'm thinking when eaten cold on salads or smoothies. When heated all the oils are probably equally unhealthy especially fried. Depending on their burning/smokimg/boiling points maybe ?
That's a whole area I never thought to look in. Didn't realise there would be a diff from raw and heated oil...

One thing I'll say about the argument someone on this thread made about how they don't know anyone who has died or been affected because of direct ped use.... I call b.s., I say your looking at it with closed eyes.... I have never met anyone(including fat people) under the age of 60 who: do regular blood work, have a glucose meter, are concerned with their blood pressure, not only are familiar with statins but many are actually on them, take liver supplements and multiple vitamins, I could prob go on if I thought more on it..... Outside the steroid community... I don't care how good ur levels are, they are good because you are constantly monitoring them because there is a much higher risk. Normal people eat and drink whatever they want into their 60's THEN start doing what we are doing for longevity.

Lots, if not all...at some point, get seriously sick from AAs. Testicular shutdown has gotta qualify for one if not a few illnesses. It is an organ failing after all.... Plus all the guys who get bloodwork done will tell you there's at least that one oral they can not take because their levels get to critical levels right away.

If there wasn't so many issues with steroids then forums like this wouldn't exist. There would just be a Google search that gave steroid profiles and good cycles to take. Cause u wouldn't need to worry about anything else. You wouldn't have to worry that this one causes gyno, that one causes raised liver values, this one causes kidney values and that one raises RBC count and these are the meds to counteract these things and how you find that out is you do this or that. Steroids are dangerous. Bottom line... We have figured out saf-ER ways to take them, some u can even take to a point of possibly adding years to your life....but they are still dangerous

Last edited:
Use butter to cook with. Olive oil on your food. High heat with the other oils makes them bad for you. Some even the way its processed to begin with. Even olive oil isnt for high temp cooking, like frying. Theres lots of articles you can easily find about this. Even just making this change in your diet you will notice that your body runs better. At least i do anyways.

Use butter to cook with. Olive oil on your food. High heat with the other oils makes them bad for you. Some even the way its processed to begin with. Even olive oil isnt for high temp cooking, like frying. Theres lots of articles you can easily find about this. Even just making this change in your diet you will notice that your body runs better. At least i do anyways.
Cooking with butter. Dam why didn't I think of that

Why do bodybuilders die early when using steroids?

Back in the 80s and 90s, Austrian-born pro bodybuilder Andreas Munzer, was a quite a rage, for his ultra-shredded physique, and paper-thin skin texture.
On March 12, 1996, Munzer complained of severe stomach pain, and was admitted to the hospital. He was bleeding from the stomach and was right away set for surgery. His liver & kidney had already failed.
main-qimg-f547b0caa25437de4ade5e8796c8a84d

However, the doctors couldn’t save him. On the morning of March 14, 1996, he died, with the official autopsy giving the cause of death as dystrophic multiple organ failure. He was just 31.
However, the actual reports of his autopsy shocked the bodybuilding world, and showed the real dangers which plagued the sport. The reports showed that Munzer had numerous table-tennis-ball-size tumours in the liver and a heart that had grown to weigh an abnormal 636 grams, well above the typical 300 grams.
His liver weighed 2.9 kilograms, almost a kilo heavier than a normal male’s liver weighing in at 2 kilograms. The Bile ducts in the liver had stopped functioning.
His kidneys were swollen to huge size, and the testes were virtually shrivelled. His electrolytes were also out of balance, and his potassium levels were extremely high. Traces of about 20 different drugs were found, along with acute toxicity (perhaps caused by a stimulant).
He is not alone. There is a list of top pro bodybuilders who had an untimely and tragic end:

Mike Matarazzo (died at age 48) – had an open heart surgery in 2004, followed by an heart attack 3 years later in 2007. Finally, He died on August 16, 2014, in a hospital while waiting for a heart transplant.

Dallas McCarver (died at age 26) – On August 22, 2017, Dallas was found on the floor at home with food scattered around him. He was pronounced dead at 1:03 am. Enlarged liver and kidneys, nephrosclerosis (a hardened kidney), heavy lungs, and a papillary thyroid carcinoma were noted in autopsy.

Nasser El Sonbaty (died at age 47) – in sleep due to kidney & heart failure.

Greg Kovacs (died at age 44) – due to heart failure.

Mohammed Benaziza (died at age 33) – was found dead in his hotel room on October 4, 1992, shortly after that competition. He died of heart failure caused by excessive consumption of diuretic products.

Rich Piana (died at age 46) – in 2017, Rich suffered a heart attack, fell to the ground and hit his head. With the lack of oxygen going to his brain, the doctors put Rich on a medically induced coma. But in a week, his breathing started to deteriorate and he was put back on the ventilator, until he passed away. Rich Piana’s autopsy revealed, an enlarged heart (and “significant heart disease”), fatty liver, congested thyroid, discolored kidneys etc.
Acc. to a study, in 2021 alone, over two dozen professional competitive bodybuilders died suddenly, along with a number of retired bodybuilders under the age of 60 years.

The use of anabolic-androgenic steroids in bodybuilding is an open story. Though, use of anabolics is quite prevalent in other sports too. But, when combined with a lack of drug testing, it becomes a recipe of disaster, which fosters uncontrolled use of various cocktails/combinations of performance enhancing drugs, hormones, diuretics and various other substances.

The premier governing body for competitive bodybuilding, the IFBB, has policies regarding drug testing which conform to the World Anti-Doping Association (WADA) Code. But this is nothing more than a joke.

Different studies have given different percentages in terms of steroid usage in bodybuilders, ranging from 20-60% or more. But with over 2 decades of experience in the field of sports, and competitive bodybuilding, let me give you the exact percentage. It is 100%. Yes, every single bodybuilder competing on a conventional bodybuilding stage, is under the influence of different dosages of anabolic steroids, which can range of little to supraphysiological amounts.
If we observe closely, most of these deaths, including earlier ones, are cardiovascular in nature. Several studies have demonstrated that AAS unfavorably influences known cardiovascular disease risk factors, and have demonstrated to markedly reduce high density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, increase low density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, and increase homocysteine in bodybuilders.

Acc. to a study, the use of anabolic steroids for medical indications is relatively safe, but when used illicitly they can damage health and cause disorders affecting several functions (cardiovascular, reproductive, musculoskeletal, endocrine, renal, immunologic, and neuropsychiatric. These side effects include cardiac injuries such as fibrosis, cardiac hypertrophy, and dilated cardiomyopathy with an increased risk for myocardial infarction, arrhythmias, and sudden cardiac death.
Tacit information until you read the straight truth right in front of your face. Thanks for the eye-opening reminder!