Tudca and Milk Thistle.

Nothing wrong with either product and milk thistle/Silymarin has been around forever as a liver protectant but I would drop both and pick another two but that is just me. Lots of popularity with tudca and in some respects is a powerful prescribed medicine at hospitals for specific liver issues.

If you want to protect you liver concentrate on two things:
1. Keep your gluathione at a healthy level and general antioxidant level high. If you deplete your glutathione over an extended period, your liver will be damaged.
2. Keep inflammation down.

I have written about this so many times I feel like a broken record. I would pick two other products but I'm just one opinion. If you take milk thistle, due to the low bioavailability, look for a product with phosphatidyl choline mixed in to increase this. Before buying the product, search for double blind studies with the product and a known liver toxic substance with a positive outcome.
Caveat: Both may work great for many but neither did much for me. Just one person's opinion so take it for what it is - an opinion.

Good luck

Nothing wrong with either product and milk thistle/Silymarin has been around forever as a liver protectant but I would drop both and pick another two but that is just me. Lots of popularity with tudca and in some respects is a powerful prescribed medicine at hospitals for specific liver issues.

1. Keep your gluathione at a healthy level and general antioxidant level high. If you deplete your glutathione over an extended period, your liver will be damaged.

I have written about this so many times I feel like a broken record. I would pick two other products but I'm just one opinion. If you take milk thistle, due to the low bioavailability, look for a product with phosphatidyl choline mixed in to increase this. Before buying the product, search for double blind studies with the product and a known liver toxic substance with a positive outcome.
Caveat: Both may work great for many but neither did much for me. Just one person's opinion so take it for what it is - an opinion.

Good luck
Which other two? I assuming one is NAC which I already take daily. Is the second Sam e ?

Which other two? I assuming one is NAC which I already take daily. Is the second Sam e ?

Good luck
Also what should I take for kidney support? Horseman has suggested astragalus is there anything else that could be added? Var is metabolized in the kidneys mostly if I am not mistaken.....

What is an appropriate dosage?
I take 1g 3x a day with meals.

Liver support is still recommended with all orals. I run:

-1g of NAC on all cycles (orals or not) and 500mg when off cycle
-1g of milk thistle while using orals and 250-500 when off cycle
-500mg TUDCA with orals (not with var)

This in addition to other supps for heart health

Last edited:
I take 1g 3x a day with meals.

Liver support is still recommended with all orals. I run:

-1g of NAC on all cycles (orals or not) and 500mg when off cycle
-1g of milk thistle while using orals and 250-500 when off cycle
-500mg TUDCA with orals (not with var)

This in addition to other supps for health health

How much astragalus per day while using var?

A surgeon called me an idiot for taking milk thistle and told me to stop using it. Don't know what his deal was. Maybe he owns Pfizer stocks.

Nothing to contribute to the conversation just felt like sharing. Don't mind me lol.

Yes liver values for many don’t change too much if using decent doseage. Cholesterol may sway, kidneys are what break down the most of the anavar we ingest. But I do support for both organs. And keep lipids in check as much as possible. Olive oil fish oils and low carbs.

Good luck
Hippie.

A surgeon called me an idiot for taking milk thistle and told me to stop using it. Don't know what his deal was. Maybe he owns Pfizer stocks.

Nothing to contribute to the conversation just felt like sharing. Don't mind me lol.
worth looking into, not strong enough clinical or anecdotal evidence for me to spend for it. Might be good theoretically but the literature
always seems to be full of "might be" , "could be", "should be" statements. I kinda get the feeling it was publicized in some big magazine or Dr Oz type show a long time ago and is now taken as common knowledge

Yes - Sam-e and raw pealed ginger. I also have NAC but don't take all the time.
I am also convinced BPC157 helps protect your liver. Melatonin is another very good one. I use it for sleep but studies indicate it protects your liver better than NAC in several double blind studies. I posted it in the health section.
If kidney are the concern or one of your concerns Astragulus and NAC both appear in most non traditional medicine books.

good luck

I personally have not seen significant results from using milk thistle or liv52 (livercare)

Can't say if TUDCA really did anything either, if you have the money, I personally would take resveratrol, that is the only supplement that ever made significant changes to my blood work in a few months of taking it. Literally everything went back to normal, liver enzymes, kidney function, cholesterol.