TRT Process

Declan

Balls are overrated
Trusted Member
How long did it take for you guys to go from testing low on T to actually getting prescribed testosterone shots?

It's almost 8 months, 4 blood tests and I'm gonna have my second in-person appointment with urologist. What's taking them so long? Is it because of my age? A coworker who is 62 got prescribed by his family doc right away when he said he need the boost.

A little background. First cycle was about 15 years ago, probably went hard lifting for 10 years then went 7 years without gear just working out here and there, just for health purposes. Then suddenly started putting on a little weight and onset symptoms of low T last year. I had 4 tests done almost 3 months apart and all came out below normal, the latest one is 7.1 nmol/l or 204 ng/dL.

I don't want to DIY it even if I have ways do it. Are there ways to push the doctors to send me to endocrinologist right away or expedite the process a little bit.

Any tips is greatly appreciated. Cheers.

How old are u
Have you thought about trying, clomid, novaldex or rolaxfine yet to boost your natural levels. Im just saying this assumeing your age is up there it may be easier protocol, and some have great results.

How old are u
Have you thought about trying, clomid, novaldex or rolaxfine yet to boost your natural levels. Im just saying this assumeing your age is up there it may be easier protocol, and some have great results.
Forgot to put my age 🙃. Just turned 40. I have some pharma grade Nolvadex but thinking twice on using it before going to Urologist. I also wonder why they sent me to Urologist instead of an endocrinologist.

Forgot to put my age 🙃. Just turned 40. I have some pharma grade Nolvadex but thinking twice on using it before going to Urologist. I also wonder why they sent me to Urologist instead of an endocrinologist.
I would not take anything to alter ur hormones before lab work, u want the most accurate labs as possible. If you still do not end up getting it, then check out some trt clinics . They may try the above first or go straight to testosterone etc or cream which u dont want cream.

I would not take anything to alter ur hormones before lab work, u want the most accurate labs as possible. If you still do not end up getting it, then check out some trt clinics . They may try the above first or go straight to testosterone etc or cream which u dont want cream.
That's my plan anyway.
That's the plan, nothing but what is given. I'm reading some folks here have been waiting for a year before they saw an endocrinologist eh. Took me 4 months to get a teleappoinment with a Urologist where he just ordered a blood test, now gotta wait 2 months before in person consultation.

Funny how the body wore down as you age. All my cycles have been less than 12 weeks coz I get burnt out real fast when I was younger. But a buddy of mine who was going at it longer still feels fine now, go figure eh.

That's my plan anyway.

That's the plan, nothing but what is given. I'm reading some folks here have been waiting for a year before they saw an endocrinologist eh. Took me 4 months to get a teleappoinment with a Urologist where he just ordered a blood test, now gotta wait 2 months before in person consultation.

Funny how the body wore down as you age. All my cycles have been less than 12 weeks coz I get burnt out real fast when I was younger. But a buddy of mine who was going at it longer still feels fine now, go figure eh.
Well, doctors dont like to take responsibility for trt treatment, personally i dont think the majority of doctors are even fit to treat u anyway, im not a fan of family docs or most endos iv delt with, however a good hormone clinic that practices trt treatment on a full time bases is usually the way to go, far less runaround bullshit.

There's 2 choices i know of.
1. Onmen clinic if its in ur province then it may be a good option and a bit cheaper then option 2
2. True balance, which is a better clinic, even onmen would tell you that, they have told me that, but there a bit more money, but they cover all provinces

The above is the quickest approach, within 1 week i had appointment and used my recent labs that were within 30 days and i got my script.

Ur 40 so shouldn't be an issue, truebalance is 35 years old min

Hmmmn, I guess I gotta make that call after I talk to my Urologist. It would be nice to have my work cover for my treatment though.

Hmmmn, I guess I gotta make that call after I talk to my Urologist. It would be nice to have my work cover for my treatment though.
I have great west insurance, it covers most prescriptions, the fee i pay every 3 months is not covered, but i claim it at end of year.
All my labs are free.

I would always suggest to do trt under care of a doctor, but the right doctor, one thing iv learned is if a doc is giving u the run around, walk out find another..

Do you have any rough estimate for cost for the clinics now?

I have great west insurance, it covers most prescriptions, the fee i pay every 3 months is not covered, but i claim it at end of year.
All my labs are free.

I would always suggest to do trt under care of a doctor, but the right doctor, one thing iv learned is if a doc is giving u the run around, walk out find another..
Thanks for this, I will try to talk to my co worker if his gp is still accepting patients.

I think even at 40 you may find it difficult to get through a regular GP.

I was in the same boat as you and just went right to a private trt clinic. Experience has been amazing. They have taken their time with my questions and concerns. They also are expensive but like another noted I write off the consults at the end of the year. The Rx’s are covered by my benefits.

I think even at 40 you may find it difficult to get through a regular GP.

I was in the same boat as you and just went right to a private trt clinic. Experience has been amazing. They have taken their time with my questions and concerns. They also are expensive but like another noted I write off the consults at the end of the year. The Rx’s are covered by my benefits.
Which clinic did you use ? I will start looking around since I have a feeling it they will drag the process along since it's not life threatening as they describe it. I'm in GVA BTW.

I went to docs and Endos a few times over the course of a year. Because my numbers weren’t below the bottom of the range they wouldn’t do shit.
My numbers were equal to, or 1 number higher than the bottom of the range, yet they still told me “you’re in range, you’re good”
Fuck them. If they don’t do anything in the first visit with labs, go to a clinic and save yourself the time and energy.
Spend the money for private service. It’s well worth it!

I went to docs and Endos a few times over the course of a year. Because my numbers weren’t below the bottom of the range they wouldn’t do shit.
My numbers were equal to, or 1 number higher than the bottom of the range, yet they still told me “you’re in range, you’re good”
Fuck them. If they don’t do anything in the first visit with labs, go to a clinic and save yourself the time and energy.
Spend the money for private service. It’s well worth it!
I had the same experience, I am borderline on the threshold and much younger than you yet my doctor wouldn't prescribe. I went through private clinic for now and will probably continue with UGL after the year is up and I have a better grasp on how TRT affects my body/bloodwork.

I'll take "ignorance" for 500 Alex.
I don't get this either. Maybe my experience is not typical but to me it appears that endo's are much more suited for TRT management. Yes part of urology is male reproductive stuff but it seems like they don't have much in depth knowledge about hormone management. More they are interested in vasectomies and prostate issues.

Finding an endo that has any current competency can be a nightmare too, I should probably say it likely will be.

I guess the consensus is that docs still give us the runaround. I appreciate the feedbacks guys.

The worse thing about this is since my life got hectic again since the birth of my daughter 2 years ago, that I attributed the fatigue and low well being to rearing a new born. However, that is long past due and here I am still feeling like crap. Funny thing is I'm learning to accept it 😆 and live through it. I just know it's not healthy, thus looking to resolve it ASAP.

I guess the consensus is that docs still give us the runaround. I appreciate the feedbacks guys.

The worse thing about this is since my life got hectic again since the birth of my daughter 2 years ago, that I attributed the fatigue and low well being to rearing a new born. However, that is long past due and here I am still feeling like crap. Funny thing is I'm learning to accept it 😆 and live through it. I just know it's not healthy, thus looking to resolve it ASAP.
From what I've seen the clinics are not crazy expensive. Have you checked to see if whatever medical you have will cover clinic fees? Most plans seem to cover at least part of the medicine costs. I guess I'd be asking myself how paying those fees if you need to balances out with another xxx? period of waiting which may not even get you to a resolution but just result in more waiting or maybe worse, incompetent management?

Quality of life to $$$ ratio.

From what I've seen the clinics are not crazy expensive. Have you checked to see if whatever medical you have will cover clinic fees? Most plans seem to cover at least part of the medicine costs. I guess I'd be asking myself how paying those fees if you need to balances out with another xxx? period of waiting which may not even get you to a resolution but just result in more waiting or maybe worse, incompetent management?

Quality of life to $$$ ratio.
I think my benefits would cover the prescription. For sure, I hear you on that sentiment, we spend more on crap that is detrimental for our health.

I will start making calls for clinics around Vancouver while I'm having consultations with Urologist.

I will start making calls for clinics around Vancouver while I'm having consultations with Urologist.
iirc there is a thread here listing such clinics, not sure where it is atm or how up to date it is. If you find it please update it if you have any success, save somebody else some effort in the future. Good luck

iirc there is a thread here listing such clinics, not sure where it is atm or how up to date it is. If you find it please update it if you have any success, save somebody else some effort in the future. Good luck
Yep, I will. I appreciate the help and encouragement kind Sir.