Thyroid question

Framerboy

Nevaeh RIP little 😇
Trusted Member
I've been reading alot about thyroid and its importance and the role hgh plays . There is every supplement under the sun for liver , kidney heart ect . But Is theyre anything that helps the thyroid stay healthy? Would t4 Help? I know bloods tell all...

Nice question !!!! Also interested , sometimes some gets ahead and asks them before yaa hahah

Nice question !!!! Also interested , sometimes some gets ahead and asks them before yaa hahah
Yea I went down the wormhole and I didn't find no real good answers besides the obvious do bloods .

Healthy iodine intake.

I have sub-clinical hypothyroidism. T4 treatment only made me feel like garbage.

No other repercussions than a paper from a lab saying that my tsh is a bit higher.
@Framerboy I can't remember hardly any details but from what I do remember supplementing Iodine can expose some sort of toxic (buzzwords are fun) type of buildup in your thyroid that one might not be aware of otherwise until it becomes a somewhat serious issue. Phosphors? Fluoxysomethingorother or something? The release of whatever nasty shit is in there makes people sick and they often stop the therapy because they blame the iodine.

Might be an angle too look at in your research, I think I learned about this in relation to the Fukishima reactor disaster. Iodine protects the thyroid from radiation so maybe it's of use for other reasons as well idk

I've been reading alot about thyroid and its importance and the role hgh plays . There is every supplement under the sun for liver , kidney heart ect . But Is theyre anything that helps the thyroid stay healthy? Would t4 Help? I know bloods tell all...
It depends what you are talking about - T4/synthetic thyroid to change your physique or synthetic thyroid because your thyroid is in trouble confirmed via blood tests.
You probably read and spoke with your doctor about the tests needed as often the test they use just picks up a somewhat serious issue - low issues which can have major impacts on their life are not tested for but can be.
Again, I see no need to add another compound to the mix unless you medically need it. That being said I am not stepping on stage and my goals are different than many others. A lot of guys who are stepping on stage or just want to get shredded - I see coaches recommending T4 regularly but I have never used it. I have lots of books on the subject - are you experiencing symptoms?
There are lots of natural supplements for thyroid issues.

good luck,'
GR

It depends what you are talking about - T4/synthetic thyroid to change your physique or synthetic thyroid because your thyroid is in trouble confirmed via blood tests.
You probably read and spoke with your doctor about the tests needed as often the test they use just picks up a somewhat serious issue - low issues which can have major impacts on their life are not tested for but can be.
Again, I see no need to add another compound to the mix unless you medically need it. That being said I am not stepping on stage and my goals are different than many others. A lot of guys who are stepping on stage or just want to get shredded - I see coaches recommending T4 regularly but I have never used it. I have lots of books on the subject - are you experiencing symptoms?

good luck,'
GR
Not having issues per say but more so a preventive measure like taking heart pills. Ultimately I should go do bloods

My experience is too low of carbs will shut down my thyroid. From what I read I was supplementing with sea weed (iodine) and Brazil nuts (selenium) will help

My experience is too low of carbs will shut down my thyroid. From what I read I was supplementing with sea weed (iodine) and Brazil nuts (selenium) will help
Im like this too. My fiancee and my cousin are doing keto, with refeeds and cheat meals and doing great, losing bodyfat etc. With low carb/ keto i fall flat on my face my metabolism just slows the hell down, even with elevated fat intake, hell even with T3.

Stan efferding talks about table salt for thyroid in his seminar at thors gym. (On youtube) It's interesting to watch but definitely not medical advice or treatment of any diseases just a preventative measure I guess

@Framerboy I can't remember hardly any details but from what I do remember supplementing Iodine can expose some sort of toxic (buzzwords are fun) type of buildup in your thyroid that one might not be aware of otherwise until it becomes a somewhat serious issue. Phosphors? Fluoxysomethingorother or something? The release of whatever nasty shit is in there makes people sick and they often stop the therapy because they blame the iodine.

Might be an angle too look at in your research, I think I learned about this in relation to the Fukishima reactor disaster. Iodine protects the thyroid from radiation so maybe it's of use for other reasons as well idk
Guessing you're thinking halides like bromide and fluoride etc. Iodine is also a halide, so can be detrimentally substituted by those. Taking iodine will cause those to be released/replaced.

RE: Iodine protecting against radiation... That applies only to the thyroid and only in a very specific instance.
Basically, a major isotope created in nuclear fission is iodine 131. In some fallout area's the radiation levels may be low enough to be generally harmless.
But the thyroid likes to hoard iodine.
So it's possible that if you're low in iodine and in a low level fallout area, your thyroid can concentrate enough iodine131 to raise radioactivity to levels where it will cause damage.
This is why they will issue potassium iodide pills asap during a nuclear incident. To ensure peoples thyroids are fully loaded thereby reducing uptake of the radioactive iodine.
This does not mean taking large amounts of iodine are protective in general. The potential for negative effects of doing so are well documented.

Last edited:
iodine oysters seaweed are all good for thyroid function , if yer thyroid levels are low Doctors prescribe T3 or T4 or both i have used them both to cut and its not something i would recomened at all no matter what level u are T4 gave me almost crippling joint pain i was fucked lucky for me i paid attention to what i was adding to my regime and cut the T4 out and in a matter of days i was good again , Thyroid is a very tricky little fuck monster , it can be over active or under active and both are serious medical conditions so what is good for over active is bad for under active and vice a versa know what I mean ? from what i have read about thyroid it is a very ornary gland that is super easy 2 fuck up for ever , so do your research on its function etc etc and then go from there

iodine oysters seaweed are all good for thyroid function , if yer thyroid levels are low Doctors prescribe T3 or T4 or both i have used them both to cut and its not something i would recomened at all no matter what level u are T4 gave me almost crippling joint pain i was fucked lucky for me i paid attention to what i was adding to my regime and cut the T4 out and in a matter of days i was good again , Thyroid is a very tricky little fuck monster , it can be over active or under active and both are serious medical conditions so what is good for over active is bad for under active and vice a versa know what I mean ? from what i have read about thyroid it is a very ornary gland that is super easy 2 fuck up for ever , so do your research on its function etc etc and then go from there
Thanks brother

Healthy iodine intake.

I have sub-clinical hypothyroidism. T4 treatment only made me feel like garbage.

No other repercussions than a paper from a lab saying that my tsh is a bit higher.

what is your TSH exactly?

What was your script of T4?

Did you get your free T3 checked?

good luck,'
GR

T4 or T3?

Taking excess T4 does nothing unless your body decides to convert it to T3 to my understanding.

I Tihnk your right..

When I was trained by iron addict, he had me taking my waking body temp a couple times a week the entire time I was with him.. Bascially you can only cut calories and train so hard before you get over trained, under nouraished or both.. Then at that point your metabolism will slow down (thyoird is very connected to metabolism).. If your waking body temp is consistently low, then you need to take a break and eat to get metabolism and thyroid going again