Things witnessed with your eyes at the gym

animal-inside

Trusted Member
Rules--> Keep it light.. keep it short.. keep it funny.. keep it honest (no exagerating)

My gym has had a influx of 18/19/20 year old hockey washed players. They wear the tyical hockey clothes and everyone of them has their hat barely sitting on top of their head.. They always have long hair that they spend hours taking care of.

Either way, a new one showed up tongiht. He wandered around the gym looking very lost about what to do with his friend. He finally settled on leg press. Fuck me, I needed a bunch of 45's for calves and couldnt find any.. I look over and he's got like every 45lbs plate on the leg press :ROFLMAO:. I swear its proabbly his first day or so lifting.. Either way I found some plates and took a momment to watch his 1 rep leg press where he barely bent his knees (keeping his hands firmly pressing down on his knees the whole time).. He might have moved it 2-3 inches?? I thought he would be done after this 1 rep, but no he racked it and put on some 35lb plates.. I left shorlty after. I hope I hear tomorrow he blew his knees out.. That's what he gets for taking all the 45's on a Monday night at 6pm

Lots of similar storys with squats, half ass reps with way too much weight, barely unracking the bar and bending their knees.

Saw a cable snap one time and buddy took the bar in the teeth. We had a good laugh. He said well, I guess im done for the day..lol

This happened to me, but the bar hit me on the head.

Kids doing one armed bench press on the smith machine ? Why
One time I saw a smoking hot girl Doing squats in high heels that pretty dumb
Another one I roll my eyes it is when guys do rack pulls but instead of doing them the right away the set the bar up way higher than the knees like basically at the hips and do an entire two inch movement.

One time years ago I saw this kid on the smith machine doing bench press and he was a twig and I remember asking him if he wanted a spot . He said no , and a few minutes later I heard “help” and I pull my headphones off look over and he’s pinned right on the throat . I just kind of rolled my eyes and lifted it off him and said “ want a hand now ?”

Last Monday I seen a lady trying to bench 125lbs
Her spotter was the guy that pmo daily, screaming at her to push etc. She never made it!

Last night the same lady was there and was just finishing squats. I asked are you gonna bench today? Yes. I'll spot you and see if I can help you hit 125lbs
I let her warm up and then fixed her grip (she was way to wide for her frame) I loaded the bar for her and she pushed 130lbs easy.
She near cried! She's been stuck there for a while. She does comps for strong man and is just learning to bench.
She squats and deads really well but is just starting bench. I wrote her a program last night to help increase her bench. I hope she excepts it and let's me take her past her coaches 180lbs. I think I could help her reach a 180 1rm by June.
Ps,. I'm not always a prick lol 😆

At the downtown YMCA, I saw an overweight fellow sitting naked on a lawn chair. The lawn chair was the kind with multiple 1" vinyl strands running across it to hold you up. He was fat enough that the strands disappeared inside him, making him look similar to a Shar Pei. He was eating a giant bowl of boiled weiners out of a very large Tupperware container. Had to be more than a dozen weiners in there. No buns, just a squirt bottle of mustard which he used to meticulously decorate each weiners with. He was watching Golden Girls on the TV, still haunts me to this day and I can't hear that theme song to that TV show without the image coming back into my head.

The downtown Y was a trip.

At the downtown YMCA, I saw an overweight fellow sitting naked on a lawn chair. The lawn chair was the kind with multiple 1" vinyl strands running across it to hold you up. He was fat enough that the strands disappeared inside him, making him look similar to a Shar Pei. He was eating a giant bowl of boiled weiners out of a very large Tupperware container. Had to be more than a dozen weiners in there. No buns, just a squirt bottle of mustard which he used to meticulously decorate each weiners with. He was watching Golden Girls on the TV, still haunts me to this day and I can't hear that theme song to that TV show without the image coming back into my head.

The downtown Y was a trip.
I thought you were joking at first.

Last Monday I seen a lady trying to bench 125lbs
Her spotter was the guy that pmo daily, screaming at her to push etc. She never made it!

Last night the same lady was there and was just finishing squats. I asked are you gonna bench today? Yes. I'll spot you and see if I can help you hit 125lbs
I let her warm up and then fixed her grip (she was way to wide for her frame) I loaded the bar for her and she pushed 130lbs easy.
She near cried! She's been stuck there for a while. She does comps for strong man and is just learning to bench.
She squats and deads really well but is just starting bench. I wrote her a program last night to help increase her bench. I hope she excepts it and let's me take her past her coaches 180lbs. I think I could help her reach a 180 1rm by June.
Ps,. I'm not always a prick lol 😆
Nice...These stories are the good ones....It is generally the folks with the biggest hearts that feel the most that are similar to yourself and myself..We feel shit and think about it and protective mechanisms are then formed, some great, some not so much, depending on what is going opn, but they are there for a reaqson..
I am gonna derail the thread because i don't like rules...lolol..jk..Had to say it cain as that is good to hear you had an emotional response from a great deed....
Let God sort us out...i still think i am on the good side..by far...Integrity and honesty is a short coming these days for many...

Dude with zero physique and horrible form giving exercise advice to guys in the gym that are his size maybe slightly bigger. Funny I have never seen him give us bigger guys any advice at all LOL.

Speaking downtown YMCA - used to use one here and it had the usual group of weirdos... The guys in jeans, the overly aggressive middle aged gay guys, weird chicks taking out their trauma on the machines. The worst was the guy who worked out in white boxers with a huge skid mark down the back. I told the front desk and they just shrugged it off - it's the YMCA, this shit is normal.

right after new years 2021 (prob like jan 4th or so) some very overweight woman came into the goodlife with her small chihuahua and was taking photos of herself and her dog in the mirror with the captions “new year new me” and all that junk. Needless to say, she walked on the treadmill for 5 mins, took photos, and left never to be seen again lol.

also have seen many times the teenagers come into the gym, throw 10 plates on the leg press, and either push 1 inch ROM, or just have it come down and crush them hahaha always the funniest thing to see. always slowly make my way over to help get it off them so the stupidity sinks in.

Hairy eastern European looking guy at YMCA naked shaving his balls in the sauna. Staff told him he can't be doing that and he literally said "there's no sign saying I can't" 😂. Other than this just your routine fuckery from the ego lifters and stuff.

I thought you were joking at first.
lol, Nope!... I wish I could say I instantly looked away and didn't look back, but it was so fucked up that I couldn't help it. The Y in downtown Winnipeg had a seating area on the main floor, you had to take the stairs up 2 flights just to the left, so anyone going to or coming from the gym had an obvious and long view. I remember as I walked up the stairs I couldn't help looking over and thinking "is that mother fucker eating a bowl of weiners?" double take, "wait, is he naked?" As I reached the top of the stairs I remember thinking, "I've seen that episode of Golden Girls before"

I don't use the change rooms at my current gym. No need for me to use them, plus they charge 10$ a month to use the lockers in the change rooms. They have free lockers for day use by the desk. I use those.

Either way, every damn gym has that one guy whose old as balls (plus 60) who started working out and is all confident in his body and just walks around naked all the time/sits on the bench in the change room naked/stands in the mirros and brushes his teeth naked etc..

These guys are always worst at places like YMCA's and rec centre type gyms.

I have only been to a YMCA a couple times.. Once was for a week while visiting in southern on ontario.. And for a month when I was visting ontario for a month before moving out west.. You see a different clientel for sure..