The signs I missed

Interesting. I used to hear my heart beat when I laid down to sleep on some cycles. I assumed I had high blood pressure at that time but I didn't. Blood pressure isn't something you can tell.

Interesting. I used to hear my heart beat when I laid down to sleep on some cycles. I assumed I had high blood pressure at that time but I didn't. Blood pressure isn't something you can tell.
Anxiety can make you feel it and hear it too. I think other things like bloating and chest congestion as well.

Same. I just think on cycle it’s contracting harder.

I've seen a lot of great information being posted since my ticker flickered.
Some signs I missed and some I plainly ignored.

Insomnia
This is the one that stands out the most. Ive had Insomnia for the last 3 years. This can be a sign of heart disease and something I was never aware of.

Hypertension
This is a silent killer. Meaning there's no real signs you have extremely high blood pressure until it's to late and has started dislodging cholesterol deposits.
I did notice of course my temper remained elevated for long periods, my chest would blotch like a cheetahs coats with red and purple spots. Other then that I had no idea.

Lower back pain
I've had lower back issues for years, however this pain wouldn't go away even with Lyrica or no amount of cannabis ( smoke free of everything now) once the stent was put in the tension was released from my lower back. I'm able to squat and dead lift again with little to no problems.

Appetite/ nauseated
Lost my appetite completely!
I couldn't eat or bring anything to my mouth with wanting to be sick.

Swelling
Feet and ankles held fluid and caused what felt like planter fasciatous, that what I was treated for.
Tongue was swollen also.
Jaw pain due to swelling that put pressure on my back teeth.

Mental and cognitive behavior

Basically I went absolutely sideways. This was more from the hormones being completely messed up and the cortisol building up in my body due to high estrogen and no testosterone to remove the stress hormone. Like having a period for 3 years. More or less andropause.

Vision and focus issues
They (cardiologist) have told me this is always missed because as we age eye site gradually degrades. What happened was Grey spots and clouds where in my sight line.

Heart rate

My HR was constantly over 102 bmp while awake just sitting still. Sleeping HR was over 90 bmp
I always had pressure on my chest and thought this was a normal thing as I aged.

Low oxygen and sleep apnea

Oxygen blood saturation was between 91 to 93 and would drop below 90 during the night. I'm not over weight, 17% bf currently prior I was lower due to a very bad diet of nothing but fruit. Thats all I could eat

Thats all I can recall at this moment but I'll add to this if I've forget anything else.
This is my own personal experience and not meant as a guide. It's just little things that added up to something a lot bigger than I ever expected.
Temper is still hot but is becoming better as I rebalance and have been cleared to resume my trt and have resume regular doctor visits. Had been about 6 years since I went to the doc because he pissed me off back then. Lol go figure!

It's so often we work so hard to show the world our outside work on our bodies we forget the inside is much more important.
In response to some of this I have severe obstructive sleep apnea my 02 saturation would plummet to 84% I would have 74 episodes an hour on my back. Once I got my cpap machine my life changed completely I would get a full nights sleep no getting up to piss 3 times a night and when I would wake up by the time I got back to bed I would be out of breath.

In response to some of this I have severe obstructive sleep apnea my 02 saturation would plummet to 84% I would have 78 episodes an hour on my back. Once I got my cpap machine my life changed completely I would get a full nights sleep no getting up to piss 3 times a night and when I would wake up by the time I got back to bed I would be out of breath.

Sorry if I missed it but what happened? Did you have a heart issue?

I have some of the same symptoms, maybe I'll get a cardiac CT scan

Sorry if I missed it but what happened? Did you have a heart issue?

I have some of the same symptoms, maybe I'll get a cardiac CT scan
Get checked sooner than later.
My 1 employee was showing signs and I had him go in for a check up. He was on the edge of a heart attack.
He's been medicated and is doing great. Catching it soon helps the recovery.
I've had my final stress test a couple weeks ago.
I'm perfectly clear! They figure I'll be better than new as long as I keep doing the routine I'm doing. Good food clean diet and rest away from stress.

Edit; I should also state this was my 6 month check up. I had the final stress test and Echo while on gear. My cycle ended first week of June and back to trt till October.
I was cleared at month 1 to resume trt, month 2 I had an echo and it came back perfect. I started a cycle T400, Mast E, Npp, Hgh, TB500 and Bp157. Almost forgot Cardarine
Month 4 I had my lipids checked and a platelet test to check blood thickness. The doc wanted to know if the gear was effecting the blood thinners and anticoagulant meds. Lipids are perfect as was the blood.
I've heard it 2xs from different doctors, if it wasn't on my file they wouldn't know I had a heart attack. Now if only my mental state would heal as fast. Lol thats the gear withdrawal talking! Haha

Last edited:
Good information here.

I recognized I was headed down a bad road with hypertension and a resting heart rate over a hundred. Made the decision to ease off training and bulking and really upped my cardio and watching my diet. Went from 300lbs in February to 232lbs (weight from last night). Feeling wayyyy better. I also came off all gear I was using.

Bunk

Get checked sooner than later.
My 1 employee was showing signs and I had him go in for a check up. He was on the edge of a heart attack.
He's been medicated and is doing great. Catching it soon helps the recovery.
I've had my final stress test a couple weeks ago.
I'm perfectly clear! They figure I'll be better than new as long as I keep doing the routine I'm doing. Good food clean diet and rest away from stress.

Edit; I should also state this was my 6 month check up. I had the final stress test and Echo while on gear. My cycle ended first week of June and back to trt till October.
I was cleared at month 1 to resume trt, month 2 I had an echo and it came back perfect. I started a cycle T400, Mast E, Npp, Hgh, TB500 and Bp157. Almost forgot Cardarine
Month 4 I had my lipids checked and a platelet test to check blood thickness. The doc wanted to know if the gear was effecting the blood thinners and anticoagulant meds. Lipids are perfect as was the blood.
I've heard it 2xs from different doctors, if it wasn't on my file they wouldn't know I had a heart attack. Now if only my mental state would heal as fast. Lol thats the gear withdrawal talking! Haha
Yea I am going to get checked just incase, I abused aromatase inhibiters which completely messed up my cholesterol. My cholesterol was near 0 a lot of the time, HDL was near 0 while LDL was low, luckily for me I ate really healthy so my LDL was never high (pretty much a near 0 fat diet + no sugar, all I ate was protein powder, egg whites/ oatmeal)

Yea I am going to get checked just incase, I abused aromatase inhibiters which completely messed up my cholesterol. My cholesterol was near 0 a lot of the time, HDL was near 0 while LDL was low, luckily for me I ate really healthy so my LDL was never high (pretty much a near 0 fat diet + no sugar, all I ate was protein powder, egg whites/ oatmeal)
Some studies suggest that low ldl is actually worse than high...

I eat fat all the time, and my ldl is always low. But I do not eat a ton of carbs.

I eat fat all the time, and my ldl is always low. But I do not eat a ton of carbs.
Do you eat red meat everyday? I'm just asking because as a butcher you must have really easy access to a lot of meat. I've been eating chicken twice a day for 6 months and I'm sick of it I was thinking about just dividing my weekly meals up evenly between fish chicken turkey eggs and beef. If you look at dietary guides it's insane they recommend no more then 5 oz a day of any type of lean meat. It's a joke

Do you eat red meat everyday? I'm just asking because as a butcher you must have really easy access to a lot of meat. I've been eating chicken twice a day for 6 months and I'm sick of it I was thinking about just dividing my weekly meals up evenly between fish chicken turkey eggs and beef. If you look at dietary guides it's insane they recommend no more then 5 oz a day of any type of lean meat. It's a joke
I don’t eat just lean meat. I have posted it before but I have a theroy about why so many get tendon issues and such because they never eat any building blocks for their joints and tendons.

Right now my diet is really boring

5 eggs

either 8oz ground beef and rice
or 6 oz chicken and rice noodles

some sort of meat, like 10-16 oz and a salad

protein powder and water.

But it not uncommon for me to eat beef twice, or chicken twice.

At dinner I’ll eat either a couple fatty pork chops (off the rib end), ribeye steak or skin on chicken breasts.
Once in a while I’ll eat chicken thighs, or bacon wrapped chicken breasts, lol.

I ignore dietary guidelines because they have been changed few times and I don’t believe due to science.

My grandparents ate meat with every meal. And it wassn’t always lean meat. Both lived to almost 100 without a bunch of medication, so I guess it can’t be all that bad.

Its the crap food we eat, like take out, I believe is the issue.

No way you could get all the nutrients you need with only 5 oz of meat a day.

Last edited:
Some studies suggest that low ldl is actually worse than high...
Interesting, whats weird with ldl and hdl nomeculture is the hdl is actually the smaller lipoproteins and ldl is the larger one, i thought the ldl was worse (technically) because of how it's larger lipoprotein that can get stuck in the arteries. Although I can't really remember much from reading about them
Interesting, I know theres certain things like fibre in the diet that can keep your cholesterol levels good while eating high fat, perhaps you eat a lot of vegetables?

I know for me, my ldl gets high when I eat a high fat diet, especially things like transfats/fast foods, when I stopped bodybuilding, I stopped dieting and just ate regular food for a while, my cholesterol was high, so was my ldl even off gear completely

these days im off gear and don't bodybuild so i barely eat anything, my cholesterol isn't high/low, but i eat whatever, i eat a lot more fat now than I did when I was bodybuilding, i just eat whatever, chicken, pork, beef, any cut, high or low fat i don't think it matters too much if you're not eating high calories