The signs I missed

Cain

Trusted Member
I've seen a lot of great information being posted since my ticker flickered.
Some signs I missed and some I plainly ignored.

Insomnia
This is the one that stands out the most. Ive had Insomnia for the last 3 years. This can be a sign of heart disease and something I was never aware of.

Hypertension
This is a silent killer. Meaning there's no real signs you have extremely high blood pressure until it's to late and has started dislodging cholesterol deposits.
I did notice of course my temper remained elevated for long periods, my chest would blotch like a cheetahs coats with red and purple spots. Other then that I had no idea.

Lower back pain
I've had lower back issues for years, however this pain wouldn't go away even with Lyrica or no amount of cannabis ( smoke free of everything now) once the stent was put in the tension was released from my lower back. I'm able to squat and dead lift again with little to no problems.

Appetite/ nauseated
Lost my appetite completely!
I couldn't eat or bring anything to my mouth with wanting to be sick.

Swelling
Feet and ankles held fluid and caused what felt like planter fasciatous, that what I was treated for.
Tongue was swollen also.
Jaw pain due to swelling that put pressure on my back teeth.

Mental and cognitive behavior

Basically I went absolutely sideways. This was more from the hormones being completely messed up and the cortisol building up in my body due to high estrogen and no testosterone to remove the stress hormone. Like having a period for 3 years. More or less andropause.

Vision and focus issues
They (cardiologist) have told me this is always missed because as we age eye site gradually degrades. What happened was Grey spots and clouds where in my sight line.

Heart rate

My HR was constantly over 102 bmp while awake just sitting still. Sleeping HR was over 90 bmp
I always had pressure on my chest and thought this was a normal thing as I aged.

Low oxygen and sleep apnea

Oxygen blood saturation was between 91 to 93 and would drop below 90 during the night. I'm not over weight, 17% bf currently prior I was lower due to a very bad diet of nothing but fruit. Thats all I could eat

Thats all I can recall at this moment but I'll add to this if I've forget anything else.
This is my own personal experience and not meant as a guide. It's just little things that added up to something a lot bigger than I ever expected.
Temper is still hot but is becoming better as I rebalance and have been cleared to resume my trt and have resume regular doctor visits. Had been about 6 years since I went to the doc because he pissed me off back then. Lol go figure!

It's so often we work so hard to show the world our outside work on our bodies we forget the inside is much more important.

Thanks @Cain

Luckily my bp is under control but always find I write things/ changes off as just getting older.
Thats what I was doing myself!
I chalked it up to age but would look at my father in law that has 20+ years on me and he is or was in better shape all around. He called me the healthiest looking unhealthy guy he's ever met.

Yep, I think we ignore things thinking its normal, and when it happens a little at a time, we th
Thats what I was doing myself!
I chalked it up to age but would look at my father in law that has 20+ years on me and he is or was in better shape all around. He called me the healthiest looking unhealthy guy he's ever met.
Work stress can play a huge part on our bodies. I know when I was stressed out more from work, I was not as healthy.
I know let more things slide and try to control my anger. It’s been a work in progress for likely a decade.

@Cain How was your blood work prior to the incident? Anything amiss on your health markers?
Blood was good. Hormones spot on, ldl was elevated slightly but wasn't anything to stress over. Hdl was normal, the most recent check 3 weeks ago says differently. Triglycerides are elevated. This I'm sure was from the way I was eating. 8oz steak 4 whole eggs 8oz corned beef hash and 2oz hollandaise sauce tomatoes and hashbrowns.
I've scut that back.
1x a week vs 3xs
But really blood was pretty damn good prior

Blood was good. Hormones spot on, ldl was elevated slightly but wasn't anything to stress over. Hdl was normal, the most recent check 3 weeks ago says differently. Triglycerides are elevated. This I'm sure was from the way I was eating. 8oz steak 4 whole eggs 8oz corned beef hash and 2oz hollandaise sauce tomatoes and hashbrowns.
I've scut that back.
1x a week vs 3xs
But really blood was pretty damn good prior
This is something new being talked about, our regular ldl amd hdl blood tests not really being accurate predictors it's more inflammatory markers, c reactive protein, apo little a apo little b, would make sense with things like carnivore diet or keto where people are apparently healthy just pounding back the meats and fats. One thing that sucks about today is all the theories that need decades of result before verifying

One other thing that I forgot to list.

Weight fluctuations

My weight would be 206lbs every morning and by 10pm at bed time it would be between 212 and 218, this didn't matter what I ate or drank through the day and then back to 206 by morning. This was another indicator of heart problems!

Thanks for sharing bro.

Definitely made me reflect on my own decisions. What would precautions would you suggest to someone experiencing similar complications? I'm sure you know as well as I do that the majority of healthcare professionals are inconsiderate when it comes to working with hormone users. Considering your experiences, do you think being monitored by a doctor is crucial while living this lifestyle?

A
Thanks for sharing bro.

Definitely made me reflect on my own decisions. What would precautions would you suggest to someone experiencing similar complications? I'm sure you know as well as I do that the majority of healthcare professionals are inconsiderate when it comes to working with hormone users. Considering your experiences, do you think being monitored by a doctor is crucial while living this lifestyle?
Absolutely! Being monitored is a key factor for sure.
I went with a trt clinic to be monitored on a regular basis.
Other things that I wish I had of changed sooner was the amount of processed food I was consuming. Lunch meats, crackers, chips, cheese and even the fatty meats such as prime rib including the fat. Sausage meat and pork chops chicken wings.
Monitor your own BP, meters are inexpensive and will take heart rate as well. Track this 2x a day and write it down for the doc.

Now I load the plate with veggies 1/2, 1/4 lean meat and 1/4 or less of rice or yams over a high startch.
I've dropped sugar unless it's in fruit I've dropped sodium down considerably by balancing it out with potassium and Mrs dash.
This really wasn't hard to do because of the lifestyle I had years ago. It was harder to bring my wife on board but the heart attack turned her around rather fast. I was a very active Body builder in my late 20s and 30s
Another factor is I'm a business owner in a high stress industry. Lives depend on us doing our jobs perfectly every time. It's becoming even more stressful with the lack of skill presented by many new tradesmen, in my trade as well. There just isn't enough time to properly train with the high demand for progress. Same thats happened with the medical industry.
We are looking at selling the company in the next couple of years and re invest into some other form or just take on a regular job 9 to 5
Life has become to fast and negative all around. I can blame social media and the government but really its my choice what formats I follow. I've been off social media of all forms for over a year with exception of this board because most of us are like minded people.
Basically in a nut shell
Eat whole natural foods, limit the screen time, identify stressors and eliminate the ones you can, 100% be monitored by a professional(s), choose like minded people to associate with that build you up vs break you down.
It's sad, after I typed that I was taken back a little.
I've cut 99% of my family and extended family out of my life and I couldn't be happier for it..Whats sad is I realized how narcissistic and jealous they had become over the success I worked my ass off for. For the last 28 years I've bled and broken my body to get here. I'm digressing sorry about that.
Surround yourself with people you look up to and would like to be like, learn from them and their past mistakes to help keep stress at a distance to maintain a healthy lifestyle. BB or working out isn't just about shaping the body its also about the mental well being. This is a factor I had forgotten about over the years when I Became wrapped up in my own head. Very dangerous place to be. The clarity exercise brings to the mind for that hour or 2 hours a day is worth a lot more than the 60 to 80 bucks a month we spend for memberships.
Hopefully I've answered your question as I went down the rabbit hole here a little.

A

Other things that I wish I had of changed sooner was the amount of processed food I was consuming. Lunch meats, crackers, chips, cheese and even the fatty meats such as prime rib including the fat. Sausage meat and pork chops chicken wings.
Monitor your own BP, meters are inexpensive and will take heart rate as well. Track this 2x a day and write it down for the doc.

Now I load the plate with veggies 1/2, 1/4 lean meat and 1/4 or less of rice or yams over a high startch.
I've dropped sugar unless it's in fruit I've dropped sodium down considerably by balancing it out with potassium and Mrs dash.
This really wasn't hard to do because of the lifestyle I had years ago. It was harder to bring my wife on board but the heart attack turned her around rather fast. I was a very active Body builder in my late 20s and 30s
Another factor is I'm a business owner in a high stress industry. Lives depend on us doing our jobs perfectly every time. It's becoming even more stressful with the lack of skill presented by many new tradesmen, in my trade as well. There just isn't enough time to properly train with the high demand for progress. Same thats happened with the medical industry.
We are looking at selling the company in the next couple of years and re invest into some other form or just take on a regular job 9 to 5
Life has become to fast and negative all around. I can blame social media and the government but really its my choice what formats I follow. I've been off social media of all forms for over a year with exception of this board because most of us are like minded people.
Basically in a nut shell
Eat whole natural foods, limit the screen time, identify stressors and eliminate the ones you can, 100% be monitored by a professional(s), choose like minded people to associate with that build you up vs break you down.
I've cut 99% of my family and extended family out of my life and I couldn't be happier for it..Whats sad is I realized how narcissistic and jealous they had become over the success I worked my ass off for. For the last 28 years I've bled and broken my body to get here. I'm digressing sorry about that.
Surround yourself with people you look up to and would like to be like, learn from them and their past mistakes to help keep stress at a distance to maintain a healthy lifestyle. BB or working out isn't just about shaping the body its also about the mental well being. This is a factor I had forgotten about over the years when I Became wrapped up in my own head. Very dangerous place to be. The clarity exercise brings to the mind for that hour or 2 hours a day is worth a lot more than the 60 to 80 bucks a month we spend for memberships.
Hopefully I've answered your question as I went down the rabbit hole here a little.
thanks so much for the well thought out response.

you mentioned you're monitored by a TRT clinic now, does that mean you strictly keep your hormone usage to TRT? Probably a dumb question but I know alot of guy psychologically and not leave the having drug usage behind them, even after a health scare.

personally, I have the diet part locked down. Strictly whole foods, plenty of fruit/veg, mindful of fat sources (especially plenty of omega 3s). My lipids look pretty good and I think thats the main reason. I could improve my HDL (its in range, but on the low end), however everyone knows how hard that is when you're spending the major of the year "ON". The big one for me like you mentioned is the STRESS. I was just recently promoted into a management position, so for obvious reasons I'm dealing with more stress. I'm being super mindful of it and attempting to mitigate it as much as possible. I really hope it improves as I become more comfortable in the role.

I think my next step will to have to be finding a doctor that is willing to give me the time of day. I'm just dreading that endeavour because I know how much time and energy (which I don't have a ton of extra to spare) it will require to do so. My experience with medical professionals in the past has been very disappointing. I'm relatively young and look "healthy" on the surface, so seeking attention can be quite the headache...

In the past I was monitored by my family doctor that passed away in 2014. He was great when it came down to what I was doing back then. I remember being 25 years old and sitting in his office with a list of hormones I wanted access to and he read it, then said I can't prescribe any of these to you but if you can get them I'll make sure to monitor your health. He kept his word and took great care of me!
After he passed I ran a very heavy cycle and in the middle my mother passed away and then my dog a few weeks later. I stopped caring about life and said to hell with everything. I just stopped! No pct no trt no nothing.
With in 6 month my body shut down from cortisol building up in the blood, estrogen spiked and testosterone completely crashed. It crippled me and mentally incapacitated me. Depression was to the extreme!
Anger fear and sadness consumed me! I went from being 245lbs to 198lbs of crippled shit!

About 10 years I delt with this and never worked or left home, (yet still manged to run my company with my wifes voice as my own) I was afraid of what I may do, not just to myself but others.
I didn't even understand what was happening. I didn't have the cognitive thought of reason to explain what was going on in my mind. All this time I was being treated weekly by a psychiatrist that had taken my blood work yet over looked the testosterone and Estradiol levels. I managed to log into life labs and those jumped out at me like God had turn a light on them. I had read King James Bible 2xs to find answers.
I had needles I had sust 250 that expired in 2015 and I had alcohol pads. I pinned 750mg for front loading and another 250 a week later. By the 3rd week I was clear minded my body wasn't decrepit and crippled. I could talk about what was happening yet the shrink didn't believe that this was solving my mental problems. ( I had smoked and grown a lot back then also, nothing now)
Now I had been off the forums for many years at this point, lost my contacts ect ect..
This was always my home forum and when I tracked it down I was still fucked up a little but found the trt page and found NP optimal, hesitation held me back but I signed up eventually and they worked with my shrink and set up my TRT.
My shrink was now on board seeing the vast improvement and cognitive ability return to 100 percent normal and he's seen what happens if I missed a couple weeks. I was taken off all the drugs that did nothing for me except zopiclone for sleep.

Lots of other details I've left out but thats the main result of why I CAN never stop trt. I never want to experience the darkness and disparity that I went through!

My health scare with my heart in comparison was mild. But still a wake up call.
My cardiologist, new family doctor and psychiatrist are all on board and I admittedly told them I cycle and plan on it still with approval. They have told me just don't be stupid and over abuse things.

I do still cycle but not the way I did back then. I don't use any orals and I definitely will not use tren any longer. My cycle are rather low key but I plan to push the envelope a little this next cycle depending on my next blood work March 2nd
Still running trt at 200mg per week and cycles are 12 weeks Max, no more 21, 24 week BS!

Stress at work while in a management position. Firstly congratulations!
Advice is simple..do the best job you can with your abilities and remember it's not your company so the stress of the day should be left behind the door as soon as you walk out. Turn your phone off so they can't pester you while your on your time regardless of being on salary. A salaried position is still only 40hours a week!
The better you become at the position and Delegate to those that work for you the less stress you'll have in the position 😉
Take the time for extra education and ask your superiors what further education will benefit the company, most will pay for it provided they see a ROI ( return on investment)

If you have a doctor currently mention PEDs and wanting to monitored with regular blood work every 3 months. Call it high Creatine use and tribulus along with estrogen blockers high protein from over the counter and you would like to be safe and be checked regularly.
Run your cycles around you blood work so if something comes back hi then when your questioned, if you don't want to admit steroids, say it's a new supp you're taking. Doing this is a little dishonest, but you'll be monitored.
Learn to count your half life's and how long it takes to dissipate from the body. I had note books filled with cycles and half life charts I put together back then for myself. I wrote everything down so I knew what worked and what didn't and I never ever stepped foot on a stage. That's a different song though.

In the past I was monitored by my family doctor that passed away in 2014. He was great when it came down to what I was doing back then. I remember being 25 years old and sitting in his office with a list of hormones I wanted access to and he read it, then said I can't prescribe any of these to you but if you can get them I'll make sure to monitor your health. He kept his word and took great care of me!
After he passed I ran a very heavy cycle and in the middle my mother passed away and then my dog a few weeks later. I stopped caring about life and said to hell with everything. I just stopped! No pct no trt no nothing.
With in 6 month my body shut down from cortisol building up in the blood, estrogen spiked and testosterone completely crashed. It crippled me and mentally incapacitated me. Depression was to the extreme!
Anger fear and sadness consumed me! I went from being 245lbs to 198lbs of crippled shit!

About 10 years I delt with this and never worked or left home, (yet still manged to run my company with my wifes voice as my own) I was afraid of what I may do, not just to myself but others.
I didn't even understand what was happening. I didn't have the cognitive thought of reason to explain what was going on in my mind. All this time I was being treated weekly by a psychiatrist that had taken my blood work yet over looked the testosterone and Estradiol levels. I managed to log into life labs and those jumped out at me like God had turn a light on them. I had read King James Bible 2xs to find answers.
I had needles I had sust 250 that expired in 2015 and I had alcohol pads. I pinned 750mg for front loading and another 250 a week later. By the 3rd week I was clear minded my body wasn't decrepit and crippled. I could talk about what was happening yet the shrink didn't believe that this was solving my mental problems. ( I had smoked and grown a lot back then also, nothing now)
Now I had been off the forums for many years at this point, lost my contacts ect ect..
This was always my home forum and when I tracked it down I was still fucked up a little but found the trt page and found NP optimal, hesitation held me back but I signed up eventually and they worked with my shrink and set up my TRT.
My shrink was now on board seeing the vast improvement and cognitive ability return to 100 percent normal and he's seen what happens if I missed a couple weeks. I was taken off all the drugs that did nothing for me except zopiclone for sleep.

Lots of other details I've left out but thats the main result of why I CAN never stop trt. I never want to experience the darkness and disparity that I went through!

My health scare with my heart in comparison was mild. But still a wake up call.
My cardiologist, new family doctor and psychiatrist are all on board and I admittedly told them I cycle and plan on it still with approval. They have told me just don't be stupid and over abuse things.

I do still cycle but not the way I did back then. I don't use any orals and I definitely will not use tren any longer. My cycle are rather low key but I plan to push the envelope a little this next cycle depending on my next blood work March 2nd
Still running trt at 200mg per week and cycles are 12 weeks Max, no more 21, 24 week BS!

Stress at work while in a management position. Firstly congratulations!
Advice is simple..do the best job you can with your abilities and remember it's not your company so the stress of the day should be left behind the door as soon as you walk out. Turn your phone off so they can't pester you while your on your time regardless of being on salary. A salaried position is still only 40hours a week!
The better you become at the position and Delegate to those that work for you the less stress you'll have in the position 😉
Take the time for extra education and ask your superiors what further education will benefit the company, most will pay for it provided they see a ROI ( return on investment)

If you have a doctor currently mention PEDs and wanting to monitored with regular blood work every 3 months. Call it high Creatine use and tribulus along with estrogen blockers high protein from over the counter and you would like to be safe and be checked regularly.
Run your cycles around you blood work so if something comes back hi then when your questioned, if you don't want to admit steroids, say it's a new supp you're taking. Doing this is a little dishonest, but you'll be monitored.
Learn to count your half life's and how long it takes to dissipate from the body. I had note books filled with cycles and half life charts I put together back then for myself. I wrote everything down so I knew what worked and what didn't and I never ever stepped foot on a stage. That's a different song though.
Holy that's a hell of a story you have. Quite the rollercoaster. I'm glad you managed to take back the wheel.

Also, sound advice when it comes to managing work stress. I do practice alot of what you mentioned. I think I just need more time to mature in general. I don't know of many guys around my age (mid-20s) in management positions. I normally remain humble, but I'm pretty proud of what I've achieved at a relatively young age.

Now on the Healthcare side of things, that could use a ton of work. It has been nearly 2 years since I've seen a doctor. I discovered (on my own) that I was hypogonadol at 22 years old. I had all the symptoms - low energy, ED, no sexual desire, declining muscle mass despite training in the gym, the list goes on. I seeked help from several doctors but they completely ignored my concerns since I was "young and healthy". None of them would even bother to order bloodwork. I finally learned how to get bloodwork done privately and discovered my total test levels were only at 6 nmol/L. Ever since I've been so hesitant to speak with doctors due to not wanting to deal with the stress of their ignorance. I know all doctors aren't bad but I've really had a string of bad luck in the past. Hopefully I can come to my senses and make my health a priority before it's too late. It's hard sometimes when you're so tunnel visioned on your goals, specifically bodybuilding in my case.

Holy that's a hell of a story you have. Quite the rollercoaster. I'm glad you managed to take back the wheel.

Also, sound advice when it comes to managing work stress. I do practice alot of what you mentioned. I think I just need more time to mature in general. I don't know of many guys around my age (mid-20s) in management positions. I normally remain humble, but I'm pretty proud of what I've achieved at a relatively young age.

Now on the Healthcare side of things, that could use a ton of work. It has been nearly 2 years since I've seen a doctor. I discovered (on my own) that I was hypogonadol at 22 years old. I had all the symptoms - low energy, ED, no sexual desire, declining muscle mass despite training in the gym, the list goes on. I seeked help from several doctors but they completely ignored my concerns since I was "young and healthy". None of them would even bother to order bloodwork. I finally learned how to get bloodwork done privately and discovered my total test levels were only at 6 nmol/L. Ever since I've been so hesitant to speak with doctors due to not wanting to deal with the stress of their ignorance. I know all doctors aren't bad but I've really had a string of bad luck in the past. Hopefully I can come to my senses and make my health a priority before it's too late. It's hard sometimes when you're so tunnel visioned on your goals, specifically bodybuilding in my case.
Definitely check out Np optimal in the trt section!
It's not covered by Ohip but worth every cent. Your symptoms sound like you could benefit from trt. They have been super great to deal with and have done things for my the other docs didn't. It really won't hurt to pay for peace of mind and to catch something sooner than later since your so young still. You have a lot of life left and you want to make the best of it I'm sure.

Honestly if that was me I think I'd be scared straight and maybe hang up the gloves on doing anything other then trt. I guess you said your incident was very mild though. I still say you got balls man and you seem like a really good dude I hope you stay safe with everything.

I gotta have some sorta vice
Don't drink don't smoke and quit smoking weed. Cardiologist report says no damage to the heart and its not over sized from my prior years of abuse. That was the biggest relief I received.
I was off for trt for 3 weeks because I was scared. However by the beginning of the 3rd week I needed my shot. I was stating to become ignorant foggy and very in my head again. Damn Scary spot for me and those around me. My wife actually packed her bags and left me that week. So basically I decided if its gonna kill me, I wanted to die happy and have my wife with me. Death isn't the fear, life is! And fuck me I'm gonna look good in a coffin. I'll be checked again March 2nd for bloods. docs all know what I'm doing and Cardiologist has spoken to my shrink so I'm every 3 weeks now seeing the shrink to make sure I'm mentally good and to ask about anything else heart wise. Cardiologist is every 4 weeks for now.
I feel good about things and I also have to track my HR and BP daily, all seems pretty stable.
I appreciate the kind words for sure because it's been a while since I've heard anything like that. I've been to embarrassed by my mental state to associate with anyone outside of the 1 person I talk with and since I've given up the green its rare that I hear from him. I sold my shares of the grow facility and have stopped personal growing and producing completely. All I have now is my primary business and lifting and better health than before imo.
I feel incredibly fortunate to have my health return, to be building my body back to what it use to be. Atrophy is real and happens faster that I ever expected! Muscle memory is just as incredible, expect my fucking legs and ass, so many stretch marks. 😑 the personal trainer I have that trains me at home for my legs and ass has helped me make the mind muscle connection, settled my hip flexors from over working and has my glutes firing first before the quads to help roll the pelvis back to take the pressure off the lower back. I'm now able.to squat and dead lift again. Not a lot but the form is correct. 235lb for a squat and 345 dead.
I tried 400 and thought my ass was gonna turn inside out 😆

I gotta have some sorta vice
Don't drink don't smoke and quit smoking weed. Cardiologist report says no damage to the heart and its not over sized from my prior years of abuse. That was the biggest relief I received.
I was off for trt for 3 weeks because I was scared. However by the beginning of the 3rd week I needed my shot. I was stating to become ignorant foggy and very in my head again. Damn Scary spot for me and those around me. My wife actually packed her bags and left me that week. So basically I decided if its gonna kill me, I wanted to die happy and have my wife with me. Death isn't the fear, life is! And fuck me I'm gonna look good in a coffin. I'll be checked again March 2nd for bloods. docs all know what I'm doing and Cardiologist has spoken to my shrink so I'm every 3 weeks now seeing the shrink to make sure I'm mentally good and to ask about anything else heart wise. Cardiologist is every 4 weeks for now.
I feel good about things and I also have to track my HR and BP daily, all seems pretty stable.
I appreciate the kind words for sure because it's been a while since I've heard anything like that. I've been to embarrassed by my mental state to associate with anyone outside of the 1 person I talk with and since I've given up the green its rare that I hear from him. I sold my shares of the grow facility and have stopped personal growing and producing completely. All I have now is my primary business and lifting and better health than before imo.
I feel incredibly fortunate to have my health return, to be building my body back to what it use to be. Atrophy is real and happens faster that I ever expected! Muscle memory is just as incredible, expect my fucking legs and ass, so many stretch marks. 😑 the personal trainer I have that trains me at home for my legs and ass has helped me make the mind muscle connection, settled my hip flexors from over working and has my glutes firing first before the quads to help roll the pelvis back to take the pressure off the lower back. I'm now able.to squat and dead lift again. Not a lot but the form is correct. 235lb for a squat and 345 dead.
I tried 400 and thought my ass was gonna turn inside out 😆
Yea I get that for sure. My trt doc mentions it like that. It doesn't add years to your life but it adds life to your years.

A

I was on the same road for awhile (chips, crackers, cookies, etc).. I think it was honestly a way for me to handle stress.. I come home and eat until I felt satiated.

After I cleaned up my diet, I experimented.. and I found fatty meats did not bother my tryglycerides or choloestrol.. It was the shit I ate with them (sauce, fries etc) that I had to quit.. I tend to eat protien/high fat diet now.. anytime I introduce a bit of carbs, it fucks up my blood work.

Loading up on the fibre helps immenstly I found as well.

This really wasn't hard to do because of the lifestyle I had years ago. It was harder to bring my wife on board but the heart attack turned her around rather fast. I was a very active Body builder in my late 20s and 3 Another factor is I'm a business owner in a high stress industry. Lives depend on us doing our jobs perfectly every time. It's becoming even more stressful with the lack of skill presented by many new tradesmen, in my trade as well. There just isn't enough time to properly train with the high demand for progress. Same thats happened with the medical industry.

Stress is a killer.. Silently and slowly tearig you down.. I do high stress job too.. I had to find better ways to handle my stress.. Good diet/workout routines helped a lot.. Avoiding specific people helped (toxic negativity)...

An indicator that my job stress is getting high is I am short with my wife at home.. its awful, but at least now I can read my stress signs and adress it.. It was like I saved my anger from work for home..

Basically in a nut shell
Surround yourself with people you look up to and would like to be like, learn from them and their past mistakes to help keep stress at a distance to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Amazing advice... I used to feel like I needed lots of friends.. But they just add stress.. most "friends" are not friends lol.. The friends that turly are friends do not ever add stress and you never feel the need to justify anything to them.. real friends never leave you feeling used or left out.. I now have 3 friends lol.. I have my wife and 2 kids and they consume 99% of my time and I love my time with them..

I cut out my personal family many years ago.. but my wifes family used to be a big part of our lives.. Now I just put my time in with them when required.. I used to always worry about inlaws judging me, being upset with me etc.. now when I piss them off I don't give 2 shits as long as I know inside I didn't do anything wrong. If I do wrong, I apologize to them..

BB or working out isn't just about shaping the body its also about the mental well being. This is a factor I had forgotten about over the years when I Became wrapped up in my own head. Very dangerous place to be. The clarity exercise brings to the mind for that hour or 2 hours a day is worth a lot more than the 60 to 80 bucks a month we spend for memberships.

You really seem like a completely different person since you left the hospital brother.. big changes..