Testosterone damage

EastCoastMass

Have any of you guys been told this, my doc told me injections of testosterone cause heart valve damage of the left side of the heart that leads to fluid on the legs and feet because the heart can no longer pump the extra fluid.

Have any of you guys been told this, my doc told me injections of testosterone cause heart valve damage of the left side of the heart that leads to fluid on the legs and feet because the heart can no longer pump the extra fluid.

If they could pinpoint Testosterone to causing heart valve failure, they would not prescribe TRT

My Dr said it’s simple. As long as you find the ideal dosage for you, your body thinks that is normal and is actually very healthy. Until you find your sweet spot the only side effects come from high RBC or estrogen.

And that is my GP not my TRT dr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a lot of nonsense out there so I try to take most of it with a grain of salt. I would venture to say that @Bagua has posted an article or study already on that very topic.

I have. I am pretty sure I have posted all the articles and studies from the Urologist, Cardiac and Endocrine Societies that have come in my mail. They are either here or they were at NM. I do think I tried to update the TRT section with them though.
@EastCoastMass check the TRT section. If they are not there I will post them as I get time. It's an interesting history of the controversies in the TRT world.

Plenty of studies with plenty of controversy.

Read the studies and articles Bagua put up
google "left ventricular hypertrophy testosterone"
All the sides you posted about are known and should be given attention
For the majority of guys this does not seem to be an issue

My Dr said it’s simple. As long as you find the ideal dosage for you, your body thinks that is normal and is actually very healthy. Until you find your sweet spot the only side effects come from high RBC or estrogen.

And that is my GP not my TRT dr....

This seems key, for LVH at least, high doses and other "abuse" surely bump up the incidence rate for all these sides

I'm probably the least experienced or wise but I'll go out on a limb and say that I'm thinking high blood pressure damages the left ventricle so maybe un treated high BP caused by testosterone could lead to some damage...

LVH can occur from Test abuse long term as That part of the heart is affected by androgens and is sensitive and will receive growth and anabolism due to the receptors in the LV muscle., like a few other areas of our bodies and organs, they are affected by androgen receptors in the muscle, that will cause growth, that is a fact and one of the negative issues with Testosterone useage.
Hence why folks want SARMS to be the big thing and be.....Selective androgen growth in areas SARMS. Test is not selective in nature at all....
GH also affects this muscle in the Left ventricle.

To be pedantic - High BP is caused by high estrogen (water retention) and not directly from testosterone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Buddy I love seeing that word being used, it's one of the best things I gleaned from my post secondary education. At least I think Family Guy was post secondary, I'm pretty sure I was out of school before it premiered(?)

@Jerbear I will tag onto @ironwill 's post here - I remember when I learned about what ironwill discusses at first I thought this was great news cause hey it'll help my heart get stronger right? Turns out that the problem is that along with that strength comes growth as he mentioned and with that growth comes thickening.
The heart has a rather unique structure compared to most other human muscles in that it is not anchored to bone via tendons. The newfound thickening make it less flexible so that chamber can't expand to it's full capacity. From there on it's a vicious circle, as well as the damage the newfound high BP brings to the kidneys etc that inflexibility itself increases BP and you get stuck in that loop.

Disclaimer: I arent no Dr so this post may be slightly factually fuzzy and possibly just a week arguement that I have used for years to justify my personal lack of cardio exercise in my programming.

Now I'm thinking and hoping maybe this damage isn't as expected at trt doses? Since it's not super anabolic and not necessarily considered testosterone abuse? But I guess either way when getting into it maybe it's definitely a risk to accept when choosing the testosterone route....