Substance abuse

How u holding up brother?
I’m doing alright actually. I managed to get the knee back in place and I do cardio 5/7 days and it’s keeping me busy enough. Rest is will power. I’ve actually manage to lose weight. Mind you I’m down to 2200 calories a day but it’s working.

Thank you for checking in. That’s pretty cool of you.

I’m doing alright actually. I managed to get the knee back in place and I do cardio 5/7 days and it’s keeping me busy enough. Rest is will power. I’ve actually manage to lose weight. Mind you I’m down to 2200 calories a day but it’s working.

Thank you for checking in. That’s pretty cool of you.
Anytime man, glad ur ok check in anytime if your struggling. People care for sure I know I do whether I know you or not

I feel training and using steriods can give you that outlet and that fulfillment and conviction to keep you away from other addictions... as the gym and working out in essence can become an addiction... a much healthier one.. even if using steriods.... people usually resort to drugs or alcohol to fill a void or give an outlet to personal issues.... working out can become a lifestyle and keep people from falling down other dark paths....
Just my experience at least

I feel training and using steriods can give you that outlet and that fulfillment and conviction to keep you away from other addictions... as the gym and working out in essence can become an addiction... a much healthier one.. even if using steriods.... people usually resort to drugs or alcohol to fill a void or give an outlet to personal issues.... working out can become a lifestyle and keep people from falling down other dark paths....
100% agreed.

These are very sage words.

I did a lot of drinking and have tried just about every rec drug out there. About 10-15 years ago after getting divorced I got more serious about the gym and pretty much stopped drinking. My Sunday morning workout is something I look forward to all week and think about. Very true about replacing a destructive habit for a positive one.

I’ve been looking around at posts in different threads and I’ve seen some of you jumped to body building to kick a habit or substance abuse. What’s your story?
Kind of the opposite for me. Trained martial arts for my entire life, got a brain injury, and jumped on the sauce, and pills to stop the anxiety. I can beat anything, this opponent is just the toughest one I’ve ever faced.