Shoulder pumps on trt but not on cycle?

Devson

Trusted Member
Was there ever a point any of you stopped getting painful shoulder pumps? I find it hard to get painful ones unless I am coming off or in fresh off a cycle. I usually start with lateral raises and rear delts. Should I start with presses?

It really usually depends on how I’m training usually. If you’re using a moderate weight go for high volume and short rest periods between set you should get some pretty decent pumps going on. Too many unknown variables to really answer that question so simply. But that pump feels awesome but it’s not like it’s an indicator that you didn’t have a productive workout if it’s not present.

I dont think it’s drug related. From my experience I can’t get those excruciating pumps on a weekly basis. I find they adapt to volume too quick (this is complete bro science of course).
I prefer to do lateral raises first as well. The most insane pumps I’ve ever gotten was from doing something like this:
- 3 sets chest supported lateral raises - drop set final set.
- 3 sets dumbbell should press - aim for high rep range like 20 reps
Shoulders are absolutely destroyed after the last set of laterals and can barely lift my arms. Only shoulder pressing 30-40s at this point