places for socializing

addy

Trusted Member
Just wondering where you all like to go for socializing / meeting other people? It might sound pathetic but I cant even think of a single place to meet others except for the local watering hole which I refuse because it feels so fake and pretentious, not to mention bars are a ripoff.

Dont get me wrong I enjoy talking to you all but it would be nice to be able to do activities with like minded people. I lost contact with all my friends from highschool and never really clicked with anyone at work or if I did they moved far away eventually. Seems like whenever someone (literally 1 person) does call me its because they either need something from me or want to only talk about themselves, I get straight up ignored by my 'friend' when I bring personal stuff up. Screw that noise you arent really my friend if you do that shit.

I met some guys playing hockey. Maybe you got organized adult sports where you are? Its tough meeting new people when you're old... especially like minded ones.

I met some guys playing hockey. Maybe you got organized adult sports where you are? Its tough meeting new people when you're old... especially like minded ones.
Yea I used to paintball when there was a field here and met a lot of cool people, but they closed it down not long ago:mad:

Seems everyone my age is already in their little clique and are not open to others. I also get looked at like I have two heads when I tell people I dont have fakebook, twatter, instaham, snapchat, etc..

Yup, It's definitely tough, for me, my fam kinda eats up a lot of my time. Sometimes when I finally have a window of time to hang out with friends I realize its tough cause I haven't spoken to them in a month or longer. I call my kids dream crushers for a reason.

🤷‍♂️

I just want to wish you good luck.

Yours is a noble quest that I have long since given up on myself.

-----
Edit to add that I got an idea. Do you ride a motorbike?

There is a local church here that lots of people meet up at almost daily for pickup rides to various locations. Nothing to do with the church itself, it's just a big open convenient parking lot. And those end locations are hangouts too.

We used to meet there all the time back in the day (pre-kids for me) and anyone that wanted to race or ride like a complete maniac would ride with our group and they'd get one hell of a show. Other groups would ride at other levels.

I know people still meet there, and perhaps other cities have similar spots? It's just not something I've got time for anymore unfortunately.

Last edited:
🤷‍♂️

I just want to wish you good luck.

Yours is a noble quest that I have long since given up on myself.

-----
Edit to add that I got an idea. Do you ride a motorbike?

There is a local church here that lots of people meet up at almost daily for pickup rides to various locations. Nothing to do with the church itself, it's just a big open convenient parking lot. And those end locations are hangouts too.

We used to meet there all the time back in the day (pre-kids for me) and anyone that wanted to race or ride like a complete maniac would ride with our group and they'd get one hell of a show. Other groups would ride at other levels.

I know people still meet there, and perhaps other cities have similar spots? It's just not something I've got time for anymore unfortunately.
I actually laughed out loud when I read your original comment cause I knew you would say something like that:LOL: appreciate the honesty

And no I dont ride Im too much of a pussy to try. I need my metal box car to feel relatively safe given the average skill of drivers where I live.. that does sound like fun though

Think I just need to find some activities that involve more than 1 person and things will fall into place. I dont play any sports anymore but have considered getting into muay thai just for the fun and helping with my cardio/endurance. Unfortunately almost everything (except bars of course) are still closed because of the caroni macaroni virus.

Solitude is nice but having someone to talk to or do activities with I feel is important, I used to pretend I didnt need friends but just masked that feeling with substances and alcohol.

Just wondering where you all like to go for socializing / meeting other people? It might sound pathetic but I cant even think of a single place to meet others except for the local watering hole which I refuse because it feels so fake and pretentious, not to mention bars are a ripoff.

Dont get me wrong I enjoy talking to you all but it would be nice to be able to do activities with like minded people. I lost contact with all my friends from highschool and never really clicked with anyone at work or if I did they moved far away eventually. Seems like whenever someone (literally 1 person) does call me its because they either need something from me or want to only talk about themselves, I get straight up ignored by my 'friend' when I bring personal stuff up. Screw that noise you arent really my friend if you do that shit.

once you can, enroll in a course. buddy of mine enrolled 5 times in a massage course. he was the only guy taking the course along with 30 or so ladies. Every lady in the course wanted to have a turn at being his partner to get him to massage them. Now yes indeed not every lady was a 10 but he said there where always a few 1o's and lots of close to 10's
he kept doing this until he finely stopped when he met the lady he has been with for over 10 years,

another buddy borrowed the same tactic and did dance lessons. to this day he goes to any bar and starts to dance and he has a endless stream of ladies wanting to partner with him.

Belive this or not i hate people. I do not like being around others ,people piss me off.
Im trying to turn a new leaf and associate with the world more.
But ither i piss people off, or i offend someone, or im breaking the rules, or im just plain saying something that i shouldn't its all starting to feel like im socializing in real life bahahahahahah. Hell i almost think socializing in real life is more fun now because at keast people can see your expression, or are prone to keep there mouth shut when there in front of you.lol
I dunno i like to ride feel the wind avoid people ,sorry dont wanna bum your post!!!!!

Belive this or not i hate people. I do not like being around others ,people piss me off.
But ither i piss people off, or i offend someone, or im breaking the rules, or im just plain saying something that i shouldn't its all starting to feel like im socializing in real life bahahahahahah. Hell i almost think socializing in real life is more fun now because at keast people can see your expression, or are prone to keep there mouth shut when there in front of you.lol
I dunno i like to ride feel the wind avoid people ,sorry dont wanna bum your post!!!!!
Might just be the people you hung around, I act like a different person around people I’m not close with because of having to be politically correct. Kind of like being around relatives lol
But when I’m with close friends I can be myself and there’s no judgement

I a
Might just be the people you hung around, I act like a different person around people I’m not close with because of having to be politically correct. Kind of like being around relatives lol
But when I’m with close friends I can be myself and there’s no judgement
I act the same regardless of who im around id like to think im a fun guy ,i aim to please i like to treat people to a good time , i always offer drinks, food and everything to guest, but in general theres just so many idiots around a guy cant have fun.
To be honest i get afriad to be out socializing in public because i get into trouble or stand up to idiots. I try to stay alone for the better good.
But yeh i am trying to socialize more in a good way someone said it was good for your heart.....pretty sure i should kick that guy in the teeth lol he lied.

once you can, enroll in a course. buddy of mine enrolled 5 times in a massage course. he was the only guy taking the course along with 30 or so ladies. Every lady in the course wanted to have a turn at being his partner to get him to massage them. Now yes indeed not every lady was a 10 but he said there where always a few 1o's and lots of close to 10's
he kept doing this until he finely stopped when he met the lady he has been with for over 10 years,

another buddy borrowed the same tactic and did dance lessons. to this day he goes to any bar and starts to dance and he has a endless stream of ladies wanting to partner with him.
OMG I cant believe you suggested this!!! Not even joking I was legit considering taking a course/training for this.. 1 guy out of 30 women eh?.. yes very good I think this is a great idea even more now. Is there such thing as womens only massages?:sneaky: No men allowed!LOL.Not so sure about the dancing I severely lack the confidence for stuff like that.

for me, im going back to university, who knew the dietician programs are all 98% female, what a bad time to have a girlfriend

truth be told, there's actually a large group of nice people out there, just have to look for them
Sounds like the nurses courses like 99% females. Damn I love nurses, almost makes me want to hurt myself just to take a trip to the hospital!

Hey Im pretty much like this with most people In person but when I do find someone that doesnt piss me off like crazy, and I dont piss them off, its awesome. I miss a lot of my old friends cause we used to have so much fun but I wont settle for just anyone simply because I cant find the ideal friend, quality over quantity.

in toronto, there use to be a website called meetups for stuff going on in the city.
sports too there were house leagues in, maybe check in your local area if they have that, but during the pandemic probably it will be on hold.

I used to make time for friends, but when it couples friends they always fight and I don’t want to be part of that.
I also have a tough time making time for them, then they get angry because they want to hang around.
Truthfully being married and my wife being they type where I’m her only friend. I can’t just take off and hang out with someone because eventually she would get upset.

What I miss is a training partner. But I know what will happen, I get one, then he will want to hang out all the time, or him and his wife will be fighting or whatever.

So I talk to customers.

Staff has invited me to their parties multiple times, but I gotta stay out of that.

I understand you, I get lonely sometimes as well.

Grinder

Bud if you are in the GTA I’ll hang out with you sometime. Meet a couple of people from the board but always only once 🤷‍♂️

oh cool that sounds like a hookup version of tinder! giggity! proceeds to download grindr and make an account.. scrolls through the list of people.. GAAAAHHH what the FUCK is this?!?! throws bleach into eyeballs

Bud if you are in the GTA I’ll hang out with you sometime. Meet a couple of people from the board but always only once 🤷‍♂️
Hey appreciate the offer and Id be down but unfortunately Im in BC the lonely province:cry:

just saw the cutest cashier at the store but Im so autistic I never know what to say. "hey baby what u think of my peanut butter? yea I throw it in my protein shakes, high in cals and stuff" .. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
oh cool that sounds like a hookup version of tinder! giggity! proceeds to download grindr and make an account.. scrolls through the list of people.. GAAAAHHH what the FUCK is this?!?! throws bleach into eyeballs

Hey appreciate the offer and Id be down but unfortunately Im in BC the lonely province:cry:

just saw the cutest cashier at the store but Im so autistic I never know what to say. "hey baby what u think of my peanut butter? yea I throw it in my protein shakes, high in cals and stuff" .. 🤦‍♂️
Grunting works.
First time I met my wife, I had moved form Kelowna to Edmonton, drove all night had a few beer with my buddy, anyhow my aunt introduces me all I got out was a grunt, lol.
Like she said, my arms filled out my jacket, so it gave me a second chance.

Any chance not taken is a no. So whats the worst that will happen if it doesn't work, nothing. No worse off than if you did nothing at all.
Peoples biggest fear with meeting woman is failure. Well when I changed my thinking, I told myself I failed if I didn't try.

I know easier said then done.

Grunting works.
First time I met my wife, I had moved form Kelowna to Edmonton, drove all night had a few beer with my buddy, anyhow my aunt introduces me all I got out was a grunt, lol.
Like she said, my arms filled out my jacket, so it gave me a second chance.

Any chance not taken is a no. So whats the worst that will happen if it doesn't work, nothing. No worse off than if you did nothing at all.
Peoples biggest fear with meeting woman is failure. Well when I changed my thinking, I told myself I failed if I didn't try.

I know easier said then done.

your rigjht :)

my buddy told me woman are just like men they only wear dresses more often lol