My latest blood work on 500 gm of test a week (5 weeks in)

Sorbate

Board Dumbass
Trusted Member
So for my life insurance policy they did a blood test and I got the results.

Overall I was happy, really shocked my PSA was so low.

My creatine was a bit high, I am thinking maybe overtraining a bit mixed with drinking too much lately. (I know you are not supposed to drink on cycle, my bad)
Also why I think my triglycerides may be from my daily egg ingestion or my 3 times a week drinking?

I’ll wait till others chime in about what they think, I know some of you are really good with blood work.

I and going to get tested again in a month after I change diet a bit and my training and see what happens.
060C1B58-1FBB-4B4E-9776-31BAD884088C.jpeg
D609D2B1-123E-4CA2-AC8E-A376F0336022.jpeg
A395155D-9588-4F1B-A55C-5739E62903A6.jpeg
DDCF92E9-533D-48C4-A85B-139D4C0ECBE9.jpeg

Last edited:
Also why I think my triglycerides may be from my daily egg ingestion or my 3 times a week drinking?
I can only speak on personal experience, not sure if this applies across the board. I noticed a significant decrease in Trigs when I switched the majority of my fat sources from saturated to unsaturated. In fact the nurse I'm working with said I have the best number shes ever seen lol. At this point 90% of my meat consumption is lean meat and fats come from fish oils, olive oil and nuts. I do still eat 3 whole eggs daily and a couple steaks per week.

I can only speak on personal experience, not sure if this applies across the board. I noticed a significant decrease in Trigs when I switched the majority of my fat sources from saturated to unsaturated. In fact the nurse I'm working with said I have the best number shes ever seen lol. At this point 90% of my meat consumption is lean meat and fats come from fish oils, olive oil and nuts. I do still eat 3 whole eggs daily and a couple steaks per week.
Could be that.
I eat beef almost every day and not lean cuts.
I also eat a min of 4 eggs a day.

I could try more chicken.

If you want to lower them for the test for insurance reasons, take 300mg of niacinamide 1hr before the draw. Reduces them ~75%

If you want to lower them for the test for insurance reasons, take 300mg of niacinamide 1hr before the draw. Reduces them ~75%

I’ve been taking this for a few weeks now. I was expecting it to take longer to notice any effects but I feel great zero brain fog and I wake up feeling totally rested and ready to go

Hi @Sorbate - overall your blood results look good. There could be multiple reasons for the creatinine being high but I would not drink 3 times a week while on cycle. Also depends if your talking about a beer or a dozen.
As for being on the high side of triglycerides - are you in bulking or cutting? If your eating excess cals, it can impact your numbers. but number one thought is healthy fats - albeit the flavor isn't as good I eat lean cuts of meat and have cut down my protein content. Healthy fats - olive oil, salmon, and I eat a lot of nuts vs a lot of fat in a delicious steak. Many meals I cut out the potatoes or rice and substitute with almonds or walnuts, a vegetable like asparagus or broccoli, and a lean protein source.
Regardless, other than following up on the creatinine, I didn't see anything that made me concerned but I'm not a doc.
I eat a shit load of whole eggs and have never had triglyceride issues. Eggs are a healthy food although many just have the whites but eat all my eggs whole.

@Sorbate, I agree with @Goldenrod there is nothing to worry about with your numbers.

The high test for a long period can impact lipid, drinking and a caloric surplus can all impact lipids but overall it seems fine.

Creatinine - did you train within 72 hrs of testing...if yes that will impact as the inflammation in the body drives the number up.

PSA - from what i read, DHT drugs will transitorily impact PSA and prostate. It should come back to your normal levels in 6-12 weeks after stopping the primo, mast, etc. What i have not ready any studies on is if after being stimulated for extended periods by DHT will it have a permanent impact. 1.22 is a good number...mine was 1.1 last year.

I wouldn't worry about your BUN or creatinine levels. Creatinine is rather funky and fluctuates with red meat consumption and heavy exercise. Heavy drinking is not good for the kidneys, but it is fine if you are imbibing with only a couple here and there. Just don't binge drink. Smoking is terrible, period.
Was your eGFR on the results? My eyes suck.

I wouldn't worry about your BUN or creatinine levels. Creatinine is rather funky and fluctuates with red meat consumption and heavy exercise. Heavy drinking is not good for the kidneys, but it is fine if you are imbibing with only a couple here and there. Just don't binge drink. Smoking is terrible, period.
Was your eGFR on the results? My eyes suck.
My issue is when I drink, I drink.

Like last night I drank a pitcher of beer to myself then went home and had 4 rum and cokes so likely 8-10 oz of rum.

That is something I am now going to work on.

They never did a eGFR.

This was for an insurance policy so just checking to see that I was healthy.

@Sorbate, I agree with @Goldenrod there is nothing to worry about with your numbers.

The high test for a long period can impact lipid, drinking and a caloric surplus can all impact lipids but overall it seems fine.

Creatinine - did you train within 72 hrs of testing...if yes that will impact as the inflammation in the body drives the number up.

PSA - from what i read, DHT drugs will transitorily impact PSA and prostate. It should come back to your normal levels in 6-12 weeks after stopping the primo, mast, etc. What i have not ready any studies on is if after being stimulated for extended periods by DHT will it have a permanent impact. 1.22 is a good number...mine was 1.1 last year.

I didn’t train for 3 days before. So that wasn’t it.

My issue is when I drink, I drink.

Like last night I drank a pitcher of beer to myself then went home and had 4 rum and cokes so likely 8-10 oz of rum.

That is something I am now going to work on.

They never did a eGFR.

This was for an insurance policy so just checking to see that I was healthy.
Yep, that's not good, but you already know that.

Likely my triglyceride issue as well.

I used to be worse, this is the better version. I used to drink like this 5 out of 7 days, now it’s only twice a week, this week only once, next week nothing is the plan.

Power to you sir for letting off the throttle. I wish you great success in that endeavour.

Facking booze.

I’ve been taking this for a few weeks now. I was expecting it to take longer to notice any effects but I feel great zero brain fog and I wake up feeling totally rested and ready to go
I found similar with the niacin's
Studies are done with nicotinamide riboside, and other more esoteric versions because then there can be higher profit margins,
But regular old fashioned niacin (or niacinamide to avoid the flush) all have similar mechanism of action metabolically.
Was surprised by the reduction of triglycerides in the study I posted, but makes complete sense if one looks at it mitochondrially.

I found similar with the niacin's
Studies are done with nicotinamide riboside, and other more esoteric versions because then there can be higher profit margins,
But regular old fashioned niacin (or niacinamide to avoid the flush) all have similar mechanism of action metabolically.
Was surprised by the reduction of triglycerides in the study I posted, but makes complete sense if one looks at it mitochondrially.
I’m going to cut my drinking down to once a week 3 beer and I bet my issues will be gone.

Have you notified the LCBO? They might need to adjust their order volumes.
Unless you can find people to make up for your slack.
Volunteers?
I do most of my drinking at bars, lol. The local pub will have to adjust their order.