Mandatory Masks

What seems to be the problem? We're discussing mandatory masks and I'm telling you what some of the people who are being faced with that are saying. I tried finding just a piece of video of the people on the microphone but it began and ended with msn crap.

Here's a text-based version.

They are less crazy than a lot of the stuff you write

Best part about wearing a mask is that it drastically increases my looks. 😂😂
"Baby, maybe while we're doing it you could...you know...take the mask off..."
"Errr no. It's my....uhhh... religion you see. Facial covering a must now get to business...this erection is a'wastin."

Oh hey! There's a place in the states that puts whatever image you want on a reusable fabric mask. You could get like Sean Connery or something put on there. Hows your Scottish accent?:love:

Good god, did you see the video of a Community discussion meeting about masks from somewhere in Florida?

They let every single crackpot on to the microphone for three or four minutes. I didn't see the whole thing (thank god) but it was absolute lunacy.

"Masks are the mark of the devil! He is going to cover your face from god!"

"We all know that marks will kill you!"

It went on and on and holy mother fripping cow I'm not sure I've seen anything so scary and caraaaazy (without a weapon in its hand) in my life. I got charged by a mother moose once. (she was pissed). That was scary for a moment but then it was over. These people saying masks are the sign of Cain and going to be the end of the world if we let (the mask-wearing people) win? Wow. I mean holy cow, I wonder how many of these people are getting together to whip each other into more and more fear. There must be 10's of thousands of them across the USA all thinking masks are destroying the world because their church/pastor has said so.

None of them of course can remember ever going to a hospital where a doctor or nurse needed to tend a cut or do an operation and stay sterile had a mask on. Or maybe they're the spawn of Satan?
Yeah I saw a clip of that. Those people were totally out there, lol. Even some of the reasons made no sense.
I don’t want to wear a mask because it’s horribky uncomfortable, and I have no fear about dying from this.
But if they demand me to wear a mask because they figure it will save the lives of others, and stop shutting down our economy, I’ll begrudgingly do so, lol.

I have no excuse other than I hate it.

"Baby, maybe while we're doing it you could...you know...take the mask off..."
"Errr no. It's my....uhhh... religion you see. Facial covering a must now get to business...this erection is a'wastin."

Oh hey! There's a place in the states that puts whatever image you want on a reusable fabric mask. You could get like Sean Connery or something put on there. Hows your Scottish accent?:love:
You been drinking again, lol.

They could use masks as sex aids.

Yeah I saw a clip of that. Those people were totally out there, lol. Even some of the reasons made no sense.
I don’t want to wear a mask because it’s horribky uncomfortable, and I have no fear about dying from this.
But if they demand me to wear a mask because they figure it will save the lives of others, and stop shutting down our economy, I’ll begrudgingly do so, lol.

I have no excuse other than I hate it.

Are they totally out there, or are they responding to bullshit with bullshit?
:)

Reactions: 3ml
Let’s see how this helps slow things down.
I say fall winter when we’re indoors more again it will spike for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well to be truthful it stoped the soread in meat plants to use masks. It’s almost impossible to be physically distanced completely. You are locked into boxes with no fresh airflow and it’s loud so you scream in each other’s faces.
JBS the plant my uncle runs instituted masks right away, distanced during lunch breaks and had no outbreak.

But I just hate it. Actually right now I wish we cut in ac, it makes it bearable.

Are they totally out there, or are they responding to bullshit with bullshit?
:)
Maybe a bit of both.

Thing is, if people did let themselves get so out of shape and the old people were isolated for a month or two, this virus would have been nothing.
For example I was watching the young and the restless, old ones from like 25 years ago, the girls that were considered heavy at that time are the leaner ones now.
At one time of an obese person came into the shop we would offer them a garlic rib to try, they would always buy, it’s tougher now because the vast majority are obese.
I bet the average person has doubled in size the last 2 decades.
How many have prediabetes, high blood pressure at 40? I’d bet a lot.

We need to bring back education on keeping healthy.

Print this and post it on the wall at your store. Maybe it will calm your customers down a bit.

I don’t talk about it at the store. It worth it. All it would do is cost me business.
I figured this out way back at the start when I made a post about keeping physically distanced and if it makes you feel comfortable, wear a mask. Then the fighting started. I deleted the post.

Now I keep my mouth shut about that. Plus no one wants my opinion, just good meat, lol. Another thing I’ve learned over the years, :)

You been drinking again, lol.

They could use masks as sex aids.
Can't you just picture it?

"Ten years after high school, never been laid. Then I start wearing a mask and like every nurse in sight wants a piece!"

No post-coital smoke with a mask on though...

Maybe a bit of both.

Thing is, if people did let themselves get so out of shape and the old people were isolated for a month or two, this virus would have been nothing.
For example I was watching the young and the restless, old ones from like 25 years ago, the girls that were considered heavy at that time are the leaner ones now.
At one time of an obese person came into the shop we would offer them a garlic rib to try, they would always buy, it’s tougher now because the vast majority are obese.
I bet the average person has doubled in size the last 2 decades.
How many have prediabetes, high blood pressure at 40? I’d bet a lot.

We need to bring back education on keeping healthy.
USA probably takes more of a hit than we do because of their higher obesity rate.

Then look at this. Over 30% higher chance of getting critically ill with Covid-19 if you're obese.

I don’t talk about it at the store. It worth it. All it would do is cost me business.
I figured this out way back at the start when I made a post about keeping physically distanced and if it makes you feel comfortable, wear a mask. Then the fighting started. I deleted the post.

Now I keep my mouth shut about that. Plus no one wants my opinion, just good meat, lol. Another thing I’ve learned over the years, :)
OHHHHH MANNNN! My GF made a really good prime rib the other day. Medium rare the whole way through. She made up some nice potatoes and we've had three meals and going to get a lunch tomorrow from it.

It wasn't easy to get though. Soooo much crap being sold in the supermarkets right now. We got $50 in striploin and they were worse than a lower cut of sirloin. Was NOT amused.

I'm not opposed to masks in certain places/situations.. i appriciate when I go to doctor/hospital and they all have masks on and I have to wear one as well.

the issue i have with wearing a mask is that my head/face/beard are all large and the masks they give out at the hospital don't really cover me properly. To have it over the end of my nose it causes the masks to slide up and off my mouth because the bottom is no where near my chin lol..

There's talk about my employeer having us wear masks. Sure, but I haven't come across one that fits me properly.

I'm not opposed to masks in certain places/situations.. i appriciate when I go to doctor/hospital and they all have masks on and I have to wear one as well.

the issue i have with wearing a mask is that my head/face/beard are all large and the masks they give out at the hospital don't really cover me properly. To have it over the end of my nose it causes the masks to slide up and off my mouth because the bottom is no where near my chin lol..

There's talk about my employeer having us wear masks. Sure, but I haven't come across one that fits me properly.
I just heard on a CTV channel that they're looking to possibly make them mandatory for at least a month so they can try to snap the chain of sickness. So sick of hearing about curves but if the fucking thing is going up at this point in the summer with it being 30C out, COVID isn't acting like a normal flu that usually hides until it gets cooler/darker.

And then your last point. These fucking things are like one size fits all in too many situations. I guess you'd need someone to make you a lesser quality material one but at least one that can fit your face/beard? Maybe sites are selling higher quality ones than hand made that will fit a larger face/beard?

I just heard on a CTV channel that they're looking to possibly make them mandatory for at least a month so they can try to snap the chain of sickness. So sick of hearing about curves but if the fucking thing is going up at this point in the summer with it being 30C out, COVID isn't acting like a normal flu that usually hides until it gets cooler/darker.

And then your last point. These fucking things are like one size fits all in too many situations. I guess you'd need someone to make you a lesser quality material one but at least one that can fit your face/beard? Maybe sites are selling higher quality ones than hand made that will fit a larger face/beard?
Of you research the data from ICU units around the world and not believe the trash that they are spewing on media lately, you would realize that this virus is supermild, but spreads extremely fast. The exact same amount of people coukd have died over a year timeframe and nothing would have been said, but since it hits hard and fast, it scared everyone.

You can find this information in places like New England journal of medicine and such. Those are the only sources I really trust anymore.

CBC just posted an article the other day stating that we don’t make antibodies for this virus, they quoted a study, no link, quoted a doctor, no name. This was disproven about a month ago.

View attachment 5308I doubt this is to scale as it claims but it gives you the idea of how stupid home made masks are

keep buying into the fear folks
Not buying into anything.
Hate it but it does work. Every other plant was shut down from the soread of covid in Alberta except the plant my uncle runs. Only difference was he mandated mask right at the start. Was proactive not reactive.

Like I have stated before, I really doubt I’ll die from this mild virus, and do not want to wear a mask, but I also like money, lol. I’ve sacrificed a lot for money over the years, a mask is not that big of a sacrifice.

If teachers need to wear masks so the schools open, then so be it.

I am also going to write a letter to our local health authority.
There are factors to wearing a mask that I believe they really didn’t take into account. Like mental issues, such as depression, because our outbreak was way too small to warrant this jump. The economy, where I noticed the day after they imposed it, the roads died and business everywhere decreased and has not come back.
I understand they look at it in one way, but there is more to health than just avoiding the virus. We need to be able to maintain our health in the future and destroying our mental state and economy it will suffer.

It will take me time to write it the way I want it to be received.

Maybe the guys on here who are in the health field might give it a read, this way I can make sure my message is delivered in the way I want it. If they are not put off by it, then the people who are like minded will not be either. Like my teacher always said, write for the audience that is reading it, not for yourself.

Last edited:
Of you research the data from ICU units around the world and not believe the trash that they are spewing on media lately, you would realize that this virus is supermild, but spreads extremely fast. The exact same amount of people coukd have died over a year timeframe and nothing would have been said, but since it hits hard and fast, it scared everyone.

You can find this information in places like New England journal of medicine and such. Those are the only sources I really trust anymore.

CBC just posted an article the other day stating that we don’t make antibodies for this virus, they quoted a study, no link, quoted a doctor, no name. This was disproven about a month ago.

And let’s not forget that as viruses spread and evolve they generally kill less as viruses (well the most successful ones) don’t actually want to kill their hosts. Viruses with huge kill rates generally fizzle out because they kill too quickly and efficiently to really spread.

View attachment 5308I doubt this is to scale as it claims but it gives you the idea of how stupid home made masks are

keep buying into the fear folks

One thing that needs to be mentioned about this (and I think I’ve spoken to it before)

Homemade masks are for source control. They do not filter really at all. The thought process behind them is to keep large droplets from spewing out of the mouth and nose when we speak. Sneezes or coughs will not be contained but larger droplets will. It’s not about the material being too porous to contain the virus. It’s not the virus it’s containing.... it’s the droplets that can brain the virus.

They are not personal protection. For personal protection you need to use a procedural mask ASTM level 2 or higher.

For PPE in places where aerosols May be generated from suspect or confirmed covid positive people are you need N95 or higher as this is still being considered a droplet and contact spread virus.

Source control is not the same as personal protection. Two very different things. This is where the confusion sets in for most and why it appeared to be mixed messages coming from the experts.

Saying that.... there is no objective proof that source control masking with cloth masks is effective.... it’s educated guessing at best.... at least for now.