Mandatory Masks

just so everyone knows if you say you have asthma you dont need to wear one and you dont need to show proof of a condition either.. in toronto anyway

Pretty much anywhere is doing this. There is no way to determine folks medical conditions so establishments arent fighting it.

I’m digging this fake “mandatory mask” wearing stuff. Heck nothing like a false sense of security to allow people to get closer to one another eh?. What happened to only full face respirators and n95 masks? These fibre and cloth masks to the virus are equivalent to a mosquito flying through a chain link fence lol. Nothing but control and propaganda.

Two different devices aimed at doing two different things. Ones are proven for personal protection. The others are source control and unproven but do contain most large droplets. Smaller droplets, anything being pushed out with vigor like coughing or sneezing or anything aerosolized? Won’t help.

He was wrong again btw.... there were no visitors in LTCH’s for quite some time.

It was workers bringing it in and/or residents when returning from community visits. Once inside.... of a homes shit isn’t locked down.... it spreads like wildfire.

He’s an expert
Do not doubt him
He was smart enough to hold toilet paper

just so everyone knows if you say you have asthma you dont need to wear one and you dont need to show proof of a condition either.. in toronto anyway

Now that's some solid intel. My wife does have mild asthma, and she has a ventilator. I'll take one of her low tanks and keep it in my pocket when I'm out. Thanks!

They were all separating their staff during lunches. Only thing different was they wore masks at JBS. I’m sorry but you can’t dispute it.
You bet I can still dispute it. There are way too many variables to say masks were the definitive reason there was no outbreak. If there were zero positives in the plant then there was nothing to contain or prevent. It is the same at my work. If we had all worn masks, or not worn masks, the numbers would remain unchanged.
If plant A had x% employees test positive before the use of masks and y% increase in spread after, then you could reasonably assume masks contributed. If B plant had the same amount of employees subjected to the same variables except they used masks and had z% total infected then you could loosely compare the two plants and possibly attribute some of the difference to the use of ppe.
Maybe all the other plants except JBS had nudie bars around the corner that didn't use any kind of protection.
Like I said, I do not know any of the details. But it seems like correlation instead of causation to me.
I’m not going to argue. You are allowed to believe what you want.
All the big plants are set up about the same, all are out of town, thing dropped off brought in my similar companies.
But how could every single plant in Alberta have an issue and JBS didn’t and the only difference in protocols was masks.
My Uncle also runs anther JBS owned plant, but not as hands in, that plant had an issue and has to shut down, like EVERY OTHER PLANT, lol.
Was it coincidence maybe, but that’s pretty strong coincidence IMO.
Like I said, I’m not protecting masks, I think they are 100% bullshit in normal every day useage, but in a meat plant they made a huge difference. All other plants followed suit and they have nit had an issue since.

Truthfully I think most likely have an increased chance f infecting themselves with the mask, from reusing it and playing with it too much.

So far, not many people are happy about this. I give them six months then I start the revolution.

And yes it’s all political. Kingston was praised for keeping the numbers low, I bet they will drastically infringe our rights to look like they are doing an effective job. Already threatening fines if people don’t keep within the 10 group. And the 10 group is those people in the 10 are only allowed to hang around with the 10 and no others.

Now that's some solid intel. My wife does have mild asthma, and she has a ventilator. I'll take one of her low tanks and keep it in my pocket when I'm out. Thanks!
Had a guy walk in with the puffer in his hand, raised it up and no mask. He looked thinking he’d have to fight, I don’t give a shit. I waved, come in.
Now depending on where you go, things may be different.

And I would add...I don't care HOW small you are as far as taking care of constituents, you need a bloody disaster preparation plan. Hospitals need to start stock piling PPE because some places held on to their collective shit by only their fingernails.

We need to get China out of our damn supply chain for PPE/other shit too. The fuckers have basically been outed as trying to become the only superpower on earth so we now have our Soviet Union again. It's time we started treating them like we did to the good ole Soviet Union.
Sad part is they did have a plan from the last sars outbreak.

There are some very good points made here that people should be paying attention to.

However, they miss the mark on masks. What little they do address on the subject falls far short and they clearly do not understand the subject matter well at all. Those arguments made are both weak ridiculous. They hold no water.

They should stand on the ground they know which is the politics side. Some very intriguing and better detailed points there. Attacking OSHA and their position is similar to the fear tactics being employed by MSM and the far left. Exactly what they are pointing out as issues. And well so. However credibility starts to become lost when they sink to their level. The high road should be taken. In the short, it feels unfair but as information spreads and people better understand issues, this avenue becomes far superior than the alternative.

Masks work

Respirators work

Cloth masks? Maybe they help? It’s a precaution and no one can definitely say either way yet. Use is based on precautionary principle. There are issues surrounding use of such that certainly can be argued. Contamination potential and subsequent infection to be clear. However, probably lower risk when dealing with casual interactions within a public setting.

The CO2 angle is nonsense and has little application here. Comparing it to environmental issues and personal health as they did is silly and non relatable. Again, they need to take the high road rather than using buzz words employing fear mongering. I understand why they do.... but that doesn’t make it right.... or better.

I’ve posted the studies here that speak to CO2 rebreathing being a non-issue for respirators where there is a seal to the face and mask microclimate. Also the psychological effects of mask microclimate. Respirators do increase CO2 retention yes. But not to anywhere remotely near dangerous levels. As such, a cloth mask that does not seal of filter as efficiently should not create a worse condition.

Workers have wore respirators for years. And for extended periods of time. Their use has been extended and reuse has been accepted in some working environments. It is a new concept in healthcare.... and from an ICC standpoint a bit of a nightmare.... but required because of availability. Availability is of lesser concern these days as production has increased.

Lastly, no one will standby respirator or even mask use for those with cardiopulmonary issues. The CSA and ANSI standards speak to this in great detail. Public health acknowledges this for use in the public as well. Again there is no information on cloth masks for this, however this is acknowledged in their use as well and public health units are following this so anyone with a health issue that may be affected in a negative way does not have to mask.

Can’t speak for the US though. Their approach may be different and no doubts varies state to state. The OSHA has no skin in the game for public protection and as such will take no position as it’s beyond their mandate and jurisdiction.

One thing is for certain here that i know too well. Organizations with any possible relation to these issues at hand are certainly not extending themselves to assist in the provision of direction. They are too afraid of making a mistake. So it’s not surprising to see little comment from something like the US OSHA.

The virus is real and it can be deadly.

The ways and means it was unleashed onto the world? I don’t know. As I’ve stated I believed the narrative being explained early. Now I’m not so sure there wasn’t something greater and perhaps sinister behind it.

Are individuals using this virus now for political gain? 110% they are. There’s many angles feeding into it. Politics are certainly involved and to say they are not is foolish.

But that can’t or at least shouldn’t take away from from the ways and means to protect or attempt to control spread. Do politics muddy that water too? Absolutely.

I have little to no expertise or even experience on the politics at hand here. But strictly from a health protection angle I do. Source control? Somewhat.... and from where I sit there is something to be gained I believe. But that’s only opinion, but an educated one.

So masks work. They aren’t a heath risk if you are healthy. At least the ones we know about. These cloth ones? Time will tell.

Is some or much of this about politics? Yes. But thats beyond my strengths to really provide information on. I will defer to you folks who are far more in tune with that side.

There are some very good points made here that people should be paying attention to.

However, they miss the mark on masks. What little they do address on the subject falls far short and they clearly do not understand the subject matter well at all. Those arguments made are both weak ridiculous. They hold no water.

They should stand on the ground they know which is the politics side. Some very intriguing and better detailed points there. Attacking OSHA and their position is similar to the fear tactics being employed by MSM and the far left. Exactly what they are pointing out as issues. And well so. However credibility starts to become lost when they sink to their level. The high road should be taken. In the short, it feels unfair but as information spreads and people better understand issues, this avenue becomes far superior than the alternative.

Masks work

Respirators work

Cloth masks? Maybe they help? It’s a precaution and no one can definitely say either way yet. Use is based on precautionary principle. There are issues surrounding use of such that certainly can be argued. Contamination potential and subsequent infection to be clear. However, probably lower risk when dealing with casual interactions within a public setting.

The CO2 angle is nonsense and has little application here. Comparing it to environmental issues and personal health as they did is silly and non relatable. Again, they need to take the high road rather than using buzz words employing fear mongering. I understand why they do.... but that doesn’t make it right.... or better.

I’ve posted the studies here that speak to CO2 rebreathing being a non-issue for respirators where there is a seal to the face and mask microclimate. Also the psychological effects of mask microclimate. Respirators do increase CO2 retention yes. But not to anywhere remotely near dangerous levels. As such, a cloth mask that does not seal of filter as efficiently should not create a worse condition.

Workers have wore respirators for years. And for extended periods of time. Their use has been extended and reuse has been accepted in some working environments. It is a new concept in healthcare.... and from an ICC standpoint a bit of a nightmare.... but required because of availability. Availability is of lesser concern these days as production has increased.

Lastly, no one will standby respirator or even mask use for those with cardiopulmonary issues. The CSA and ANSI standards speak to this in great detail. Public health acknowledges this for use in the public as well. Again there is no information on cloth masks for this, however this is acknowledged in their use as well and public health units are following this so anyone with a health issue that may be affected in a negative way does not have to mask.

Can’t speak for the US though. Their approach may be different and no doubts varies state to state. The OSHA has no skin in the game for public protection and as such will take no position as it’s beyond their mandate and jurisdiction.

One thing is for certain here that i know too well. Organizations with any possible relation to these issues at hand are certainly not extending themselves to assist in the provision of direction. They are too afraid of making a mistake. So it’s not surprising to see little comment from something like the US OSHA.

The ways and means it was unleashed onto the world? I don’t know. As I’ve stated I believed the narrative being explained early. Now I’m not so sure there wasn’t something greater and perhaps sinister behind it.

Are individuals using this virus now for political gain? 110% they are. There’s many angles feeding into it. Politics are certainly involved and to say they are not is foolish.

But that can’t or at least shouldn’t take away from from the ways and means to protect or attempt to control spread. Do politics muddy that water too? Absolutely.

I have little to no expertise or even experience on the politics at hand here. But strictly from a health protection angle I do. Source control? Somewhat.... and from where I sit there is something to be gained I believe. But that’s only opinion, but an educated one.

So masks work. They aren’t a heath risk if you are healthy. At least the ones we know about. These cloth ones? Time will tell.

Is some or much of this about politics? Yes. But thats beyond my strengths to really provide information on. I will defer to you folks who are far more in tune with that side.

For the record, Ron Paul is Doctor Ron Paul. Not a virologist but been a doctor for almost 60 years. Also former congressman.
I think he is Asking for studies to prove or disprove.
He was always my favourite in congress. Gave some great speeches calling out bullshit and corruption. He would have won the presidency if they didnt cheat him out of the primary.

Just do what almost everyone else is doing and wear it under your nose lol say oh sorry it slipped down
I have seen a lot of very senior ppl wearing the mask just over their mouths ( and I can understand that), people driving in their cars wearing masks, going for a walk outdoors by themselves wearing masks. Does not make a lot of sense but if they want to do that it's fine with me.

I am just glad in NB we have very few cases so there is very little concern about masks however people do the social distancing and some the masks. If I have to wear them in a specific store what the heck, I have got one of those masks covering that you pull down over your head and you can leave it around your neck when not needed ... and you can pull up the front up when you need to, very easy. Otherwise I don't wear a mask. I believe in Darwinism.

For the record, Ron Paul is Doctor Ron Paul. Not a virologist but been a doctor for almost 60 years. Also former congressman.
I think he is Asking for studies to prove or disprove.
He was always my favourite in congress. Gave some great speeches calling out bullshit and corruption. He would have won the presidency if they didnt cheat him out of the primary.

Doctor or not. He’s missing the mark on the issue. Not the first time a doc will not be the most informed guy or gal in the room.... not the last either.

He hammers a bunch of very valid points but he’s off the mark on the issues he’s trying to argue on the masks/respirators.

From a health and safety standpoint anyway.

From the politics side I think he makes some very good points and I think there certainly some political agendas at work here, not just community spread prevention.

The fear factor nonsense that is perpetuated by media is bang on as are other points.

Masks work

Respirators work

If I could be heard thru a respirator, I’d wear that over a cloth mask every day. Even the cheap ones are designed to minimize hot moist rebreather air. Not so true with the paper of cloths masks.
All I can tell you is that everyone at work has a headache by the end of the day and feel drained.
Cloth masks are shit.
I hear that Underarmour has made masks for training that wick away moisture. I’m going to give that a try, I’ve went thru 5-6 designs to find somethingnthat works without giving me the crappy throat feeling by the end of my shift.
Right now it’s a cloth mask with a exhaust valve from a n95 mask, and maybe the rubber disc fell out, lol.
Still sucks ass, my face is soaked in moisture all day.

If I were to guess, some people in work settings will get a mild illness from reusing their cloth masks and the moisture, bacteria that will come from it. Truthfully how many people do you think are washing them every day? I’d bet likely less than 50%, lol.

Not one case in this city of 80,000, and none but two cases for at least 250 miles away, and we will be required to wear masks in public places starting Friday. As far as I understand it’s a city decision. We’re in stage 3. The mentality here kills me. Where do these sheep come from?? Toronto is at least 8 hours away. How the hell are people who are so anxious to get back to the gym (make an appointment too btw) get a decent workout in? It’s freakin’ laughable. They’re out of control.

If I could be heard thru a respirator, I’d wear that over a cloth mask every day. Even the cheap ones are designed to minimize hot moist rebreather air. Not so true with the paper of cloths masks.
All I can tell you is that everyone at work has a headache by the end of the day and feel drained.
Cloth masks are shit.
I hear that Underarmour has made masks for training that wick away moisture. I’m going to give that a try, I’ve went thru 5-6 designs to find somethingnthat works without giving me the crappy throat feeling by the end of my shift.
Right now it’s a cloth mask with a exhaust valve from a n95 mask, and maybe the rubber disc fell out, lol.
Still sucks ass, my face is soaked in moisture all day.

If I were to guess, some people in work settings will get a mild illness from reusing their cloth masks and the moisture, bacteria that will come from it. Truthfully how many people do you think are washing them every day? I’d bet likely less than 50%, lol.

I’ll bet less than that. There’s probably many many folks who have used the same mask out there since the beginning.... it I know people.

There’s no data on any of this with cloth masks. It’s completely a possibility that we look back on this in a while from now and say.... yep we were completely wrong about all of it. That can’t be denied.

the masks I have if you wear it then take it off and then go to put it back on again you cannot tell which side you had towards your face and which side was out. which makes little sense to me. however I do wear one when required and keep a good healthy distance from others. Social distancing to me is the most important safety precaution I can take