Larry Wheels

You missed my point
Eddie weighed over 440 lbs at the time
He lifted 500kg
Dr deadlift weighed 220 lbs
Lifted 430 kg

Iron Biby out squats everyone at WSM.

I'm just saying, strongman is a spectacle sport. unless we want to watch the huge fat guys start winning, they will keep thespeed competitions in the mix.
Biby crushes all of their big 3 totals

Sure is spectacle but the record is the record.

I don't know. There's a point of diminishing returns that ALL lifters know. Like that spot that no matter wtf you do, you just can't add another 2.5 to your lift. If there were people doing D/Ls higher than 1015 pounds then where are they? The dude bloody nosed and all broke the record and there's nobody else beating him. Makes him the WSM for D/L which isn't related to weight. If Dr deadlift wants to impress the world, throw more muscle on and beat Eddie because there's only one real record despite the weight of the dude doing it.

Besides, I don't know that Eddie's body isn't carrying 150 pounds of straight fat either ahahah. He reminds me of fat bastard from Austin Powers.

with all due respect for the weight being moved "deadlift" lololol . Aberration of such ? Yes. Real deadlift? No.

I think it's dishonest the way they use the term. How hard would it be to call it something else? Make up a "strongman" specific name.

If we are gonna call it a deadlift it should be with a regulation bar and plates, no straps. Right now we are comparing apples and oranges and tires and wheels and baskets full of ugly women etc.
silly
feels good to get that off my chest :)

Okay, need to agree there although I'm not sure you could possibly lift a ton without straps. There should be a with and a without record and I think it's substantial enough to have two.

As for baskets full of ugly women, I'm eating here. Seriously didn't need to see that. Now I'm having visions of naked ugly midgets and my day has gone to hell.

I think you guys are forgetting magnussen set the 1015 record with no wraps or straps.

Thats more impressive than eddies imo

There was a Russian that pulled 939 in a tested federation

Also hawthorne has pulled over 4 times his bodyweight.

Lamar grant pulled 5 times bw
Lets see eddie pull

Hall is not impressive at all. Ive pulled more times my bodyweight than him...lol

Last edited:
I DO have to give it to Eddie
That lift was insane.
BUT between the lifting suit, wraps, figure 8 straps (Giving a guy his size an extra 1 or inches out of the pocket)
It's not AS impressive.

I think Kiril Sarychev could MAYBE do it.
Hes lifted 100lbs less RAW than Eddie.
With a fuxking MONSTROUS total, including a 800 lb raw squat.

When I get someone to properly knee wrap me, my deads go way up, I've never done equipped lifting, so I dont k ow how much a suit or figure 8 straps effect me, never had a grip strength issue, but then again... I dint really put up numbers lol.

I have to agree with @gondar1
These guys are over 400lbs and doing equipped lifts..

That's like all the guys (back when equipped was xool) doing 1000 lb benches.
IMHO

Okay, need to agree there although I'm not sure you could possibly lift a ton without straps. That's okay, let the straps be the limiting factor, no problem with that at all... There should be a with and a without record and I think it's substantial enough to have two. Or do this, I only want them to call it what it is :)

As for baskets full of ugly women, I'm eating here. Seriously didn't need to see that. Now I'm having visions of naked ugly midgets and my day has gone to hell.

OOOPS, my bad, I meant what most would consider to be beautiful, sensual, tall women. I just have set a very high standard fro what I will put in my basket.