Heavy Lifting

Gyms can open here tomorrow i guess.
i may have to find one in the area. Either direction will be half hour drive. I have a home gym but been avoiding it. Do a complete upper body workout once a week for maintenance. Legs are gone. May have to make the drive to get my legs back.

I still got a month to wait. For the first time in over 20 years im not feeling the motivation anymore. Hopefully that will change when i get back in

Reactions: Cog
I still got a month to wait. For the first time in over 20 years im not feeling the motivation anymore. Hopefully that will change when i get back in

Same here.
but i have been going flat out since i started 8 yrs ago. Always train heavy and not getting any younger.
I think the break is good for my Body. Let the aches and pains heal a bit.
But i still want that 500 bench and 800 deadlift!
Haha

How many here are into lifting heavy?
Not so much powerlifting, but making heavy weight part of every routine? Like 3 rep sets. Maybe 5 reps.
Do you ever take videos? I dont do instagram or selfies but will get the wife to take a video if doing something stupid as long as nobody is looking.
I am interested in what people are lifting. I watch tons of youtube lifts so would be interested in any videos you guys have of your PRs.

One of the most important things in my life used to be regular heavy lifting. I loved it.. I got a rush like no other.. It got me bigger and stronger more than anything else... and I was good at it.

I never took videos.. It's been so long since I was able to move the weight I used too.. Last summer I started feeling good and tried to take a selfie video and halfway through the set my pec did somethign very odd and uncomfortable so I never really took a full video.. I wish i took video's of some of my heavier lifts for me to have as I age...

I was never the guy taking pictures of videos of anything in my life growing up (still dont), but I'm so thankful for the people who did take pictures and videos years later. A few old friends sent me some pictures of me 20-30 years ago... very thankful they took them.

This guy is exceptionally strong and packs on a hell of a lot of muscle size on his whole body. He must be pushing 400 lbs, 725 for him is awesome but less than twice bodyweight. Everything is relative.

How many here are into lifting heavy?
Not so much powerlifting, but making heavy weight part of every routine? Like 3 rep sets. Maybe 5 reps.
Do you ever take videos? I dont do instagram or selfies but will get the wife to take a video if doing something stupid as long as nobody is looking.
I am interested in what people are lifting. I watch tons of youtube lifts so would be interested in any videos you guys have of your PRs.
I was never into volume on any excercises, I think it was cause I was lazy, I seldom went over 5 reps even in warm ups, and for my final set I did 2-3 reps on most exercises. Only time I went up to 5-8 reps was the 2 years I was doing bodybuilding and I trained a lot to failure, forced reps, and pause rest reps at the end of a set. By Increasing the weight I could lift over time in the 2- 3 rep range at the end of the set, and always leaving one rep in the tank, always increased my power size and strength over time. , I seldom maxed as then your not building muscle you are tearing down your nervous system, that is not to say I didn't test my maxes in the squat dead and bench every 6 weeks or so. I will see if I have a heavy deadlift to post.

Last edited: