Driving to Montreal

MORE equipment for the luxury home gym??... now your just rubbing it in LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An adjustable low to high single stack cable machine was the last thing on a "to buy" list I made 2yrs ago. One popped up on kijiji in Montreal almost 2wks ago but I couldn't get a break in my shcedule to get it and it sold. This is the same one, same price and the seller actually took the ad down so its waiting for me to pick it up. I'm looking forward to doing cable side laterals, cable tri extensions, and cable curls. I think there are 20 different height settings and the weight stack is 225lb but since its Atlantis, it could handle a 25lb or 35lb plate pinned to the stack.

The second last piece on the list was a "real" Atlantis dip station and I bought one about 6wks ago for $120 out of pocket (after selling the one I made for $50). Its mint as well.

Staying calm if something happens.....yeah easier said than done :)! I once drove in the Phillipines in a place called Bicol. It wasn't far so it doesn't really count but traffic there makes Montreal traffic look tame. The seller is older so I really don't know if he could help. I have very good directions with pictures of signs so if I get lost (God forbid!) I should be able to get help from someone even if they can't speak english just by pointing to my paper. The worst thing, I think, is if I borrowed my brother or mother's cell phone I could get a conflicting "turn here" between the phone and my directions. Montreal is a great city but I want to get there as early as possible, load up, and get home as soon as I can! I have less than zero ambition to hang around. And thank you for the ONLY positive post in my thread :ROFLMAO:

Zuesy is offering services though! I’d take him up on that offer in a heartbeat!

Ok here’s a positive.....Atlantis equipment is the shit! Years ago I came close to opening a gym and after much investigation Atlantis came out on top for price, selection and quality.

I'm driving to Montreal on Saturday to pick up a piece of Atlantis equipment. I have only been to Montreal once back in 2006 or 2007 with my wife. Montreal is a beautiful city with old architecture and great food. We took the train because I had no interest in driving in downtown Montreal. I am glad I didn't! We couldn't believe how CRAZY drivers are there! Toronto drivers have nothing on them! On Saturday I do say on the major highway 98% of the time. It's 401E until Quebec which then turns into Autoroute 20. Exit to hit Autoroute 30 and then look for Autoroute 40 for 48km which takes me into Montreal island. I'm only off A40 for a total of 5km to get to the seller. I've made insanely detailed directions including pictures of the signs of where I need to turn onto. The last thing I want is to get lost in Montreal! Does anyone make the trip to Montreal? Am I psyching myself out? I do NOT have a cell phone (have no use for one) so using the GPS is not an option. I think my biggest fear is fear of the unknown. I have no anxiety about driving around Toronto or in and around downtown Toronto because its somewhat familiar. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated to (y)

BTW this is the piece I am buying....worth the headache I feel! Absolutely mint! There isn't even any paint wore off around the holes in the weight stack.
I went from northern Alberta to Toronto, so I think you can do it😜