Cold plunge

I don't know... I think if I built a cold plunge thing I would dread when it was time to go sit in it for a few mins.

I do not mind cold weather at all, like -40 and I'm still outside all day... But there's something about jumping in a ice cold bath I think I would just absolutely dread every time.. There would have to be insane health benefits

Last November did the sauna right into Lake Superior. That’s was pretty brutal and don’t think my nut sack has ever been the same.

Reactions: 3ml
There would have to be insane health benefits
Exactly! If doing that would make all the aches and pains that have become chronic with age disappear I’d suck it up in a heartbeat!

There’s a woman lives in this area who’s around 70ish goes for a swim in the ocean every day all year, not just a plung but a swim.

Ahh i see this and i really wonder about the claims. My grand parents on my mom's side lived up until their mid 90s, never had any major health problems and they're from Jamaica where it's hot.

Toronto winters are enough of a cold shock for me. I belong in the islands lol 😎

Ahh i see this and i really wonder about the claims. My grand parents on my mom's side lived up until their mid 90s, never had any major health problems and they're from Jamaica where it's hot.

Toronto winters are enough of a cold shock for me. I belong in the islands lol 😎
From what I've read, in passing, it's both sides of the coin that help. Both cold and heat stressors stimulate the body in different but similar ways.
Both sauna's and cold plunges are supposed to be quite good for you, but of course, the sauna habit is more popular and has been studied more.

Which reminds me, last year, I wrote a whole thing on the health benefits of Saunas

Jeebus, time goes fast, it seems like three or four months, tops, since I wrote that.

Last edited: