Morning,
Not sure who has been following the patient complaints about hair loss from GLP-1 agonists. Most it is significant shedding compared to what they are used to seeing.
There is a lot of literature to find if you want to take a deep dive. I wrote chicken of the egg because the 'general consensus' is a rapid reduction in hunger, calories, nutrients may have a 'shocking' effect on your hair. From some of the reports here and the massive reduction in weight while on GLP-1 agonists and a calorie restriction diet - I would think would be a shock to the body. Some of the reports of the members are really astounding.
It is not thought to be a toxic effect from the drug itself but time will tell as it is studied more closely.
I don't think anyone will argue a minor calorie restriction and slower reduction is a healthier avenue, but so it being natural if you have normal testosterone so no judgment by anyone who wants a little boost to lose some BF. I have used Reta and will have the results of my liver ultrasound when my doctor gets back from vacation to let me know if the Reta did help with minor fatty liver.
I like medical news today as a site that has some interesting articles, studies, etc. I have been watching this for a while and curious. Many don't give a shit about hair loss, but I don't think anyone 'wants' to lose their hair as we are a little vain - I think it is human nature.
Curious is anyone noticed hair loss while taking this class of medication and was it a rapid weight loss or a steady slow reduction.
Not sure who has been following the patient complaints about hair loss from GLP-1 agonists. Most it is significant shedding compared to what they are used to seeing.
There is a lot of literature to find if you want to take a deep dive. I wrote chicken of the egg because the 'general consensus' is a rapid reduction in hunger, calories, nutrients may have a 'shocking' effect on your hair. From some of the reports here and the massive reduction in weight while on GLP-1 agonists and a calorie restriction diet - I would think would be a shock to the body. Some of the reports of the members are really astounding.
It is not thought to be a toxic effect from the drug itself but time will tell as it is studied more closely.
I don't think anyone will argue a minor calorie restriction and slower reduction is a healthier avenue, but so it being natural if you have normal testosterone so no judgment by anyone who wants a little boost to lose some BF. I have used Reta and will have the results of my liver ultrasound when my doctor gets back from vacation to let me know if the Reta did help with minor fatty liver.
I like medical news today as a site that has some interesting articles, studies, etc. I have been watching this for a while and curious. Many don't give a shit about hair loss, but I don't think anyone 'wants' to lose their hair as we are a little vain - I think it is human nature.
Curious is anyone noticed hair loss while taking this class of medication and was it a rapid weight loss or a steady slow reduction.