Asking for Help

Jkidd

Trusted Member
I don’t often ask for financial help, so I’m kind of embarrassed to be posting this. But here Ye goes. I am pursuing a career in mma and I come from less than many (come from a lot more than some of course). Ive had troubles with the law, gangs, prison, drug addiction, mental health, and the usual bill shit. I’ve been training 3 years clean and am living a good life but I have no money. I made some tough choices to pay rent and food last month. Please help me if you can. God bless

I don’t often ask for financial help, so I’m kind of embarrassed to be posting this. But here Ye goes. I am pursuing a career in mma and I come from less than many (come from a lot more than some of course). Ive had troubles with the law, gangs, prison, drug addiction, mental health, and the usual bill shit. I’ve been training 3 years clean and am living a good life but I have no money. I made some tough choices to pay rent and food last month. Please help me if you can. God bless

this is not the place for this. sadly a few others have tried. heck one even asked for money for his honey moon. so I will leave this open so if someone wants to help or comment they can.

however you should consider making one of those go fund me accounts

honey moon dude did that. I have no clue if it was successful or not

And i wish you well and its good you have been clean for 3 years,
but sadly will not help you.

Its definitely tough for everyone right now. Your gofund me seems to be doing pretty good and that dude on the left looks pretty defeated. Have you gone to local businesses for some kind of sponsor in exchange for advertisement?

You’re obviously able and strong, what stops you from working? Even if you commit to training 22hrs a week, that leaves plenty of time to work too. You could easily find fulltime employment and still train 3hrs a day if you wanted to.

if you want help getting gainful employment in the oilfield, I might be able to help with that.
You’ll have to adjust your schedule to make it work, but you’ll be able to make a good income and fund your own MMA career

Last edited:
There is a huge shortage right now here in AB. No young guys seem to be coming through the ranks ... as @Cheapshot alluded to.

What stops you from working?

good question

I have at various times cleaned toilets, washed dishes, cleared tables, shoveled shit to clean out a barn and a lot more glamours jobs.
My pride would have me working and not asking for anyone's help.

“I have money because I save money whenever I can. I do not skimp out on gear quality or my cycle in general. Same with food... and blow and hookers. Dw about my finances dude I’m just asking for the sake of collecting as much info as I can and trying to be an active member. Idk Only Like my 3rd day out here. But thanks for sharing that info. I’ve also heard from some people that Syn may be losing its quality that it once had”

I would be concerned the money raised would go to quality hookers and blow

He has a dream. Don’t be such a Debbie-Downer
He should dream about getting a work ethic and not screwing up his jobs. Maybe put as much effort into that as training.
my god, I could understand if he had a physical issue, but if you can fight, you can wash dishes.

“I have money because I save money whenever I can. I do not skimp out on gear quality or my cycle in general. Same with food... and blow and hookers. Dw about my finances dude I’m just asking for the sake of collecting as much info as I can and trying to be an active member. Idk Only Like my 3rd day out here. But thanks for sharing that info. I’ve also heard from some people that Syn may be losing its quality that it once had”

I would be concerned the money raised would go to quality hookers and blow

Waaay to many contradictions here - On the brink of homelessness but shopping for gear? That's just one. Health enough to train 22hrs a weak but unable to work?

Hey fella's can you spare a few bucks to help me live my dream of winning a superbowl? Currently playing Madden NFL 21 about 40 hr's a week, things are getting tight though, the A button on my controller is sticking and the Dominoes gift card my Mom left for me just ran out.

@Jkidd Suck it up Nancy. We've all had rough times and made mistakes. I'd almost literally kill to have your health and potential, don't waste it. Lower your standards or raise your effort level. There is no shame in asking for a hand up when you are desperate to survive but from the info you've provided so far that's not what's the issue is here.

He should dream about getting a work ethic and not screwing up his jobs. Maybe put as much effort into that as training.
my god, I could understand if he had a physical issue, but if you can fight, you can wash dishes.
100% agreed. Every trade is screaming for hands..but this guy wants to get signed by Dana White lol.
Sounds like his parents should have beat his ass a bit harder as a youngster instead of letting him run around reenacting things he saw in movies or heard from his mumble rap icons.

Either way, I’d still help him get into the oilfield.
Won’t give him any of my hard earned though lol.
Maybe I'm a bit jaded but what I said was intended to help too. Pretty much what I would say to my kids in the same situation.

I guess it just reminds me of the many times years back where their was an apparently homeless dude on the side walk with a cardboard sign begging cause they were starving. A few times offered them cash for easy construction labour if they looked capable. Probably a dozen times I offered such guys to follow me into the Subway or Mcd's and I would get them a meal. Those offers were never accepted, they only wanted cash, I made some assumptions as to why.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded but what I said was intended to help too. Pretty much what I would say to my kids in the same situation.

I guess it just reminds me of the many times years back where their was an apparently homeless dude on the side walk with a cardboard sign begging cause they were starving. A few times offered them cash for easy construction labour if they looked capable. Probably a dozen times I offered such guys to follow me into the Subway or Mcd's and I would get them a meal. Those offers were never accepted, they only wanted cash, I made some assumptions as to why.
There was a guy here that walked the lights looking for change pretending to be mentally and physically challenged. Anyhow he had a recognizable tattoo on his fpreamble. One of my customers saw him in the LCBO looking completely normal. He called the guy out. I guess he started to make excuses, anyhow the customer chased him out of the LCBO with the help of his friend. Never saw him walking the lights again.

I don’t give money. In Ontario, they do not let you starve. You would shit yourself if you knew what is available if they put forth almost no effort to get it. It’s a wonder why we are taxed to death.

lol I just read your last post.

You've setup a gofund me asking for money because you're going to be homeless yet you're running a 16 week cycle of primo... something doesn't add up here 🤔

After reading that I'm inclined to say....Fuck off.