Acid Reflux / heart burn

BanditNOLIMIT

Trusted Member
Hey guys, posting this up hoping for some thoughts on what may be causing my acid reflux. The main issue is, is that I've just started a new cycle last weekend and there are a ton of changes to my protocol.

For some context. I was experiencing this on my previous cycle, when I came off cycle it went away immediately. Less than a week back on cycle its returned.

So here are the change points:
AAS - test & mast
Growth hormone 4iu on training days
Slin on high carbs day 2x per week
2x high carb days per week eating around 900g of carbs consisting of rice, veg, fruit, honey, cereal. The acid reflux is most noticeable on these days. Worsens throughout the day as I eat more.

Any thoughts? Is it the diet or the gear?

Hey guys, posting this up hoping for some thoughts on what may be causing my acid reflux. The main issue is, is that I've just started a new cycle last weekend and there are a ton of changes to my protocol.

For some context. I was experiencing this on my previous cycle, when I came off cycle it went away immediately. Less than a week back on cycle its returned.

So here are the change points:
AAS - test & mast
Growth hormone 4iu on training days
Slin on high carbs day 2x per week
2x high carb days per week eating around 900g of carbs consisting of rice, veg, fruit, honey, cereal. The acid reflux is most noticeable on these days. Worsens throughout the day as I eat more.

Any thoughts? Is it the diet or the gear?
Did you have Mast in your last cycle, I found when I ran it I got heart burn from it, any dietary changes.

Did you have Mast in your last cycle, I found when I ran it I got heart burn from it, any dietary changes.
I wasn't running mast but I was using primo. I'd have time believing it's the mast though considering I've only taken 3 shots of it. I wonder if it's maybe just food volume or something?

Hard to say about the gear but diet wise i have some suggestions.

Do you use apple cider vinegar? Currently bulking right now, cant say im eating as much carbs as you but whenever i have heartburn i use 1tbsp ACV with a tall glass of water and its gone. The sheer food volume alone could be an issue too.

Also do you soak your rice before you cook it? This was a big one for me, not soaking it prior to cooking. Also fresh rice daily.

Make a buffer solution. Baking soda and lime juice in half glass of water. That’s basically homemade alka seltzer without medication.

I promise you it will keep things neutralized unless you have an underlying problem.

It’s a similar principle to @CoolRick s but here you are going directly to the chemistry behind.

Hard to say about the gear but diet wise i have some suggestions.

Do you use apple cider vinegar? Currently bulking right now, cant say im eating as much carbs as you but whenever i have heartburn i use 1tbsp ACV with a tall glass of water and its gone. The sheer food volume alone could be an issue too.

Also do you soak your rice before you cook it? This was a big one for me, not soaking it prior to cooking. Also fresh rice daily.
Thanks for the advice! I've never tried ACV but I'll pick up a bottle this weekend. Do you use it multiple times a day or does once tie you over?

For the rice - it's cooked daily or every other day. Rinsed 3x before cooking so I don't think the starch is an issue.

Make a buffer solution. Baking soda and lime juice in half glass of water. That’s basically homemade alka seltzer without medication.

I promise you it will keep things neutralized unless you have an underlying problem.

It’s a similar principle to @CoolRick s but here you are going directly to the chemistry behind.
Gotcha thanks. I was hoping to get to the root cause but I'm glad there are temporary solutions. Is acid reflux inherently bad if I manage it with these remedies?

Thanks for the advice! I've never tried ACV but I'll pick up a bottle this weekend. Do you use it multiple times a day or does once tie you over?

For the rice - it's cooked daily or every other day. Rinsed 3x before cooking so I don't think the starch is an issue.
I use as needed but especially before bed with my psyllium fiber. Bragg's acv with the mother is the one to get.

What kind of rice do you use? I thought rinsing was enough but even basmati or jasmine rice requires 30-45min soaking after rinsing clear. I had issues for YEARS with rice, especially if i ate larger amounts. Yes ACV would help in this situation too, but with soaking i was able to cut it out completely.

I wasn't running mast but I was using primo. I'd have time believing it's the mast though considering I've only taken 3 shots of it. I wonder if it's maybe just food volume or something?
Yeah highly unlikely it's the Mast, I'm on Pantoprazole for Gerd so I don't get heart burn at all anymore but I use to have it alot and it was diet based for sure.

I use as needed but especially before bed with my psyllium fiber. Bragg's acv with the mother is the one to get.

What kind of rice do you use? I thought rinsing was enough but even basmati or jasmine rice requires 30-45min soaking after rinsing clear. I had issues for YEARS with rice, especially if i ate larger amounts. Yes ACV would help in this situation too, but with soaking i was able to cut it out completely.
I use jasmine. I'll try the soaking method but damn that sounds like a hassle to do with every batch so I'm not sure how well I'll adhere to it. Do you soak it after rinsing?

Gotcha thanks. I was hoping to get to the root cause but I'm glad there are temporary solutions. Is acid reflux inherently bad if I manage it with these remedies?
It’s very safe but if nothing works you gonna have to take proton pump inhibitors. My dad took them for very long periods because he had helicobacter pylori, also very safe.

The great advantage of doing it with lime and baking soda vs let’s say gaviscon or those products is that your bowel transit stays normal. I used to take a lot when I had beer drinking issues 😅.

Don't use proton pump inhibitors like Nexium too long either they aren't good for the kidneys and I've read studies where they are linked to higher rates of kidney disease.

The acid reflux is more than likely just caused by the honey/cereal and just the overall sheer volume of carbs.

Its not ideal but whenever I bulk and stuff my face I just use extra strength tums for the time being.

The apple cider vinegar is a good solution as well.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. What I'm dealing with is very mild and hopefully won't continue worsening. I'm confident those remedies will do that trick.

I use jasmine. I'll try the soaking method but damn that sounds like a hassle to do with every batch so I'm not sure how well I'll adhere to it. Do you soak it after rinsing?
After a while it becomes second nature. It's actually the way rice is supposed to be cooked apparently. Different soak times for different grains. It definitely cured my issue though. Not just me either, for years my old man would burp like Homer Simpson lol and when i figured out the whole soaking rice thing, it doesn't happen anymore. My brothers had bloating and gas from rice as well. Everyone's issue with rice gone just by soaking. So I'd say it was worth waiting that little bit of time to let it soak.

I wouldn't get an issue eating steamed rice from say a Chinese restaurant, come to find out that they soak it. Sushi also, except i believe they soak the rice overnight thats what makes it so sticky.

I've attached a chart with different types of rice and their soak times.

Here's the link to the article i got it from for reference https://loving-food.com/how-long-to-soak-rice-before-cooking/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231005_060129_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20231005_060129_Firefox.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 6
What the food breakdown on the 900carb days? If those are the bad days, start the food elimination there. Could be specific foods or just quantities of those specific foods that cause the imbalance. Either way your throwing your digestive system into heavy duty with that much food. Something is gonna give lol. Action=reaction. Dont like the reaction, change the action.

What the food breakdown on the 900carb days? If those are the bad days, start the food elimination there. Could be specific foods or just quantities of those specific foods that cause the imbalance. Either way your throwing your digestive system into heavy duty with that much food. Something is gonna give lol. Action=reaction. Dont like the reaction, change the action.
Good point. The sheer food volume of food could be pushing up on the esophageal sphincter.