A very different type of bodybuilding

BobTbay

Mr. Nice Guy
Trusted Member
This guy doesn't even look like he works out, but seems quite strong from the calisthenics movements he can do, if you watch the video he can do some pretty amazing tricks.

He seems to have an entirely different view on bodybuilding from simple muscle hypertrophy, instead he goes for functional strength and range of motion. I have a feeling if he keeps it up he's going to stay healthy and fit into old age.

It's a three minute video

Our son is really into this stuff, I just sent him the link.

Edit: seems my kids been following this guy for a while already.

Last edited:
Shaolin Monks from all the 60's and 70's martial arts movies would approve. ;)

Sounds great to me, I think it would be a natural and smart shift as we get older to incorporate more of these things. Shit, I'm already incorporating yoga...

Props to him if he is as strong as he says.... not everyone wants to be a 200-250 lb body builder and just want functional strength while looking good.

I agree his size isn't huge but for someone who doesn't lift weights he's more fit than a lot of younger people now days.

It's kind of like the Bruce Lee tactic, one thumb push-ups and other flashy tricks. Definitely beneficial for older folks to be more flexible and move better. Probably easier on your body and organs being lighter too. He could put on more muscle and still do tricks though so if his gimic is staying with no muscle it'll end his career as an influencer.

Shaolin Monks from all the 60's and 70's martial arts movies would approve. ;)

Sounds great to me, I think it would be a natural and smart shift as we get older to incorporate more of these things. Shit, I'm already incorporating yoga...
I do hot yoga with my girl. Damn it gets crazy sometimes. I end up exhausted on intermediate level. I couldn’t follow advanced. These people are strong AF.

what i like about this guy is he doesn’t demonize other forms of training and fitness programs. Way too many “gurus” out there run down other fitness programs in an attempt to prop up whatever it is they’re trying to sell. This guys saying you do you, he’s just showing what and how he trains.

F&$k guys, I was watching American ninja warrior and I was thinking “how clumsy, delicate, prone to injuries etc we are” lol. These noodles are killing the competition and buff guys suck!!

WhenI first watched it, I thought,
Man I miss being young and insanely strong for my size.
Things change when you get older, youth is a wonderful thing.
When I was in my teens I was insanely strong for my age...Not only could I do the flag, I could climb up the pole upside down. I could also jump above my nipple height on a platform, without running up to it just standing In one spot and hopping( prob just under 5 feet) it was insanely fun doing parkour (Idk how to spell it, climb shit)....I could also do 50 chin ups and still be pumped to keep running around and climbing buildings. But I was 130 pounds. And yea I don't have the drive for that stuff anymore, it sounds exhausting, lol.

Things have to have reasons for me to do them now. Climbing something or doing a back flip just cause I could seems dumb now, especially with the risk involved. Youth is a great thing, but even with a serum that would keep our bodies young forever our minds would probably still be thinking how we are today.
' When I was in my teens I could/would....'

in terms of the video, seemed like a nice kid, looks like a blonde version of my bother.... When my brother was his age.... Flexibility is one thing I definitely neglect. If I have two physical weak points it's flexibility and abs.
I was crazy flexible when I was young and just never kept with it. Now I consider myself doing good when I can touch my toes 🤪

F&$k guys, I was watching American ninja warrior and I was thinking “how clumsy, delicate, prone to injuries etc we are” lol. These noodles are killing the competition and buff guys suck!!
I watched a video on this sort of topic. Guys in the gym train a two way dimension. We have over developed movements that are forward and reverse, and this actually increases are risk of injury for other types of movements. The example used in the video was a guy who was training for Olympia or something went to play volleyball and he torn his knee or something and destroyed his career

I watched a video on this sort of topic. Guys in the gym train a two way dimension. We have over developed movements that are forward and reverse, and this actually increases are risk of injury for other types of movements. The example used in the video was a guy who was training for Olympia or something went to play volleyball and he torn his knee or something and destroyed his career
Cbum has a video snowboarding. I am shitting my pants watching it. This guy risking his career lol. But no, he just flows super controlled.

It also depends on genetics. I knew of 2 skinny dudes that could bench 3 plates for sets of six and must not of weighed more than 170 pounds. The one guy I knew wanted to get big. He tried to bulk on cycle and only got up to 180. He lost it all afterwards because it was just water retention.

I have also met guys 230+ lean that can barely get a couple of reps with 2 plates in good form. Some people are just simultaneously cursed and gifted genetically.

It also depends on genetics. I knew of 2 skinny dudes that could bench 3 plates for sets of six and must not of weighed more than 170 pounds. The one guy I knew wanted to get big. He tried to bulk on cycle and only got up to 180. He lost it all afterwards because it was just water retention.

I have also met guys 230+ lean that can barely get a couple of reps with 2 plates in good form. Some people are just simultaneously cursed and gifted genetically.
You didn't watch the video did u?