A few random questions.....

Palmer1991

Trusted Member
So,
1) I'm at the gym and there's this dude whose putting straps on his elbows, not sleeves but straps with velcro n all that and not those braces with the hole for the elbow, just wraps he's putting over his elbow tight.... I'm guessing this is injury prevention for bench? Is it an actual item or is he using straps for something else and putting it over his elbows?

2)I was thinking of getting some tb500 and/or bpc157 for my elbow injury. Would one bottle of each be fine or how do you cycle that stuff

3) when I get it, it says inject at the site of injury. I obviously don't just jam it in my elbow right? Lol would I do it more in the wrist meat or tricep?

4)did u read that study that showed 100g of protein at once doesn't go to waste? I watched a vid where this guy is talking about a study that busted the 40g max at a time idea we been hearing about, heard of it? Thoughts?

I had another pressing question I was thinking about all day but didn't have time to sign on and now that I'm here I forget what it is 🤔... Do you guys like trannies too? No, that wasn't it.... I'll ask if I think of it later

So,
1) I'm at the gym and there's this dude whose putting straps on his elbows, not sleeves but straps with velcro n all that and not those braces with the hole for the elbow, just wraps he's putting over his elbow tight.... I'm guessing this is injury prevention for bench? Is it an actual item or is he using straps for something else and putting it over his elbows?
Wraps vs sleeves are very different. sleeves are injury prevention and maybe a slight boost to strength from the elasticity. Wraps are typically a powerlifting item. Wraps exist to boost your lift. it’s basically a band that’s pushing your elbows into the locked position, thus causing less effort to lock out. Could it be for injury prevention? I suppose. There are plenty of much better options. Was he pushing 3+ plates while using them? lol

Wraps vs sleeves are very different. sleeves are injury prevention and maybe a slight boost to strength from the elasticity. Wraps are typically a powerlifting item. Wraps exist to boost your lift. it’s basically a band that’s pushing your elbows into the locked position, thus causing less effort to lock out. Could it be for injury prevention? I suppose. There are plenty of much better options. Was he pushing 3+ plates while using them? lol
2plates and a 35

So,

Sounds like he was wrapping his elbows to help move heavy weight. BAscially if you use tight stiff wraps around your elblow, it stiffens the joint and makes is hard for that joint to be closed and its easier to open.. So essentially the wrapping takes some of the weight. Same thing bench shirts do. The shirt makes it difficult to push the arms done and of course becsuse the shirt keeps the arms from going down, its easier to push the arms away.

most guys who wrap shit up, do it purely for attention and ego...

2)I was thinking of getting some tb500 and/or bpc157 for my elbow injury. Would one bottle of each be fine or how do you cycle that stuff

Did both. At once. 2 bottles each. I found it helped right away with the pain, but I Didn't find it helped long term. Pain slowly came back. BUt this could be me not properly rehabing it while i used the peptides. Others have great success.

3) when I get it, it says inject at the site of injury. I obviously don't just jam it in my elbow right? Lol would I do it more in the wrist meat or tricep?

I did it in elbows.. I had wide pinch skin right over the angrry tendon and inject into the skin, not the tendon.

4)did u read that study that showed 100g of protein at once doesn't go to waste? I watched a vid where this guy is talking about a study that busted the 40g max at a time idea we been hearing about, heard of it? Thoughts?

I think this largely depends on the person, their metbolism, their stomach health and their hormoenes.. But I highly doubt the aerage person can procss and use 100g in one sitting.. maybe if they hadn't eaten in a while? But for us ppl who eat 2-3 hours, I can not see us processing 100g protien in a meal.. IT woudl take 4-5 hours to dgest

I am not a fan of all the sleeves and wraps. I think it's better to learn what is aggravating the injury and avoid it or don't do it as we are not all built the same. Often biomechanics are the issue.
1. You see this all the time and IMO some are not necessary unless you are competing in powerlifting or are getting very serious about lifting and I'm not talking about the average ripped/large guy.
2. No, one 10 mg bottle of both will probably not be enough depending how you respond and how much you take. It depends how you react and how long you run it for. BPC157 IMO is benign and TB500 is controversial because of the cancer concern.
3. This has been debated about the system vs. injury specific injection site. I am not saying this is right but it is what worked for me. TB500 can be shot in the abdomen or anywhere. It is considered more systemic depending who you ask - I believe it is.
BPC157 should be injected with an insulin syringe as close to the injury as possible - yes into the elbow muscle or an area you can find that is closest and comfortable. You obviously can't inject it into a bone or into a ligament or tendon. Again debatable but BPC157 is supposed to be injected daily and depending how much you inject TB500 is either from twice a week to daily. I put it in with my BPC157 and inject it where ever I am injecting the BPC157 if I am doing both. The recommended protocol is BPC157 250 mcg's twice a day but I find no difference from once a day at 500 mcg's a day. TB500 - depending on the injury, I usually use 7 mg a week (1000 mcg's a day) and titrate it down as I get better. Usually stopping around 2500-3500 mg's a week until I am out.

I have used 2000 mcg's or 2 mg of BPC157 a day for bad strains and sprains. This topic has been discussed at length and if you do a search you fill find good info.
4. Again, depends who you talk to but I'm not eating 600 grams of protein a day if I eat 6 times a day. Not only would the woman kick me out - gas, I don't think you need that much. When I think about it from a non scientific perspective and not just what is regurgitated, I think it depends on the source of protein. Some protein is absorbed and used quickly and I don't know if our bodies can use 100 grams of easily digested protein at once (I said I don't know) but other protein is not as easily absorbed time wise and may have more time to get the most of it. I don't see the need for 1-max 1.5 g of protein per lb of body weight but you may.

Re: that study

Caveats- study was done on "recreationally active young men" not hard training bodybuilders and the data is from samples obtained at widows up to 12 hrs post intense weight training workout.

Sometimes I'll get interested in a study like that I'll take notes and try to write a sort of coles notes article from it, sometimes it's pretty simple, sometimes flaws become quickly apparent and I drop it. This study is excellent but I gave up fairly quickly because it's so involved. I was spending more time sidetracked and looking up terms than writing. I did read it all but mostly relied on their conclusions to come to my own.

Couple of thoughts all with hardcore bodybuilding in mind:

My gut never bought into the 30g or 40g limit. I recall posting that my guess was that this was based on the amount of protein in most sources that was needed to hit the critical leucine total needed to initiate Muscle Protein Synthesis.

I love when science shows us that what many of the old school guys figured out through trial and error was correct. Even though this 30 or 40g thing was always touted in fitnessy circles I don't recall many pro's or monsters that I've know or heard about practicing it. Just about always 50g per meal at least. Serge Nubret said he ate a 8 eggs and milk in a meal, and 3-4 lbs of meat in other meals only 3 per day. Jay ate tons of egg whites, 50 g of whey at a time. Lee Labrada even at his size did it. The list goes on.

I used to half jokingly say "where do these people think it goes?"

Nowadays we know.

Our main concern here as MEN among men should be how much of what we eat turns into muscle - Muscle Protein Synthesis. Secondary concern should be limiting muscle catabolism. Third would be all that stuff about being healthy :)

This study has given us some more accurate numbers about some things we've know for a while about protein, specifically in this case milk protein. A large portion of consumed protein is "lost" to a first pass and metabolized by the gut and liver. When consuming either 25 or 100g of milk protein only about 16 and 53 grams respectively make it into circulation within 12 hours of consuming. A larger amount takes longer.
In the 25g group only 18% of the ingested protein made it into muscle tissue.

'We observed higher plasma, muscle, and whole-body protein synthesis rates following the ingestion of 100 g protein when compared to 25 g protein" So not only more but also higher.

In the end you'll "absorb" or use almost all of what you consume it just won't all be used for MPS. More is better as the loss is a percentage.

TLDR My Take: Eating up to 100g of milk protein(80%casein, 20%whey) post workout will result in more growth than eating less. This effect lasts for at least 12hrs. I assume the idea transfers to other forms of slower digesting protein as well. I also assume that having a good supply of it in your blood via you pre meal and/or intra supps like a shake or EAA's is even better. With regard to protein for the rest of the day eat when you are hungry and hit your target numbers for the day.