Which is better aromasin or arimidex?

Arimidex is a pain in the ass. Your estrogen goes from high to very low, then a few days later rebounds higher and you get to experience all the feelings with that while thinking about how you're fucking up your blood lipids.

I think it comes down to arimidex kicks in faster but has a rebound effect, aromisin is slower to work but also kills the estrogen with itself and an important factor is aromasin is less toxic on Lipids. I'd say if a person takes it regularly go with aromasin but like sorbate said if it's just used as a one off adex might be quicker and more handy. Do you take yours on a regular basis like for example no matter what ever 3rd day you take 12.5 or something?
It doesn’t have a rebound effect. It’s not like it disconnects over time and all that estrogen is still there.

It just feels like a rebound because it’s in and out so fast, your estrogen side return faster.

Adex IMO is better suited when you are running lower doses and only need estrogen control once in a while because it is slowly creeping up over days.
For high doses or something like dbol, aromasin would likely work better because it lasts longer and would be more stable.

It doesn’t have a rebound effect. It’s not like it disconnects over time and all that estrogen is still there.

It just feels like a rebound because it’s in and out so fast, your estrogen side return faster.

Adex IMO is better suited when you are running lower doses and only need estrogen control once in a while because it is slowly creeping up over days.
For high doses or something like dbol, aromasin would likely work better because it lasts longer and would be more stable.
I thought aromasin binds itself to the enzymes and kill them so you would have to convert more to still be high, where arimidex just blocks it. So once it wears off those same high levels are there. I' know we're over thinking it a bit but it's good useful conversation

I just wondered, if your dose of test or whatever brought you to the point of needing it do you just take it once and lower your aromatising compounds or stay at the same dose and just nip the estrogen once and a while when it pops up?

I rarely get E issues but when I do it seems to come out of the blue. I don't run high test anymore, usually just 250/wk with whatever else I'm doing.

I'll just nip the E and carry on, and so far that had always done it and I dont get another flare up for a long time. To put into perspective how little I use it I'd say once or twice a year if I had to guess.

I thought aromasin binds itself to the enzymes and kill them so you would have to convert more to still be high, where arimidex just blocks it. So once it wears off those same high levels are there. I' know we're over thinking it a bit but it's good useful conversation
It blocks the aromatase enzyme so you can’t get estrogen conversion. But once your body makes more aromatase enzyme (or the dose you took has blocked all it can) and the adex clears (which it does fast) then you get estrogen conversion again. So it feels likes its rebounding, but its not, because it stops the estrogen from forming in the first place.

Arimidex is a sucidal inhibitor as well.
No.

But I know what you mean about "rebound". The way that the community uses the term "rebound" when discussing this is misleading.
It brings to mind that it went away and is now coming back, much like you described.

Technically though what it is intended to convey is that the plasma levels dropped (because it was bound up) and later have come back up as the Adex level drops away (less and less percentage of E is bound as time passes). The E never went anywhere though, it was just unavailable due to being bound. Mission accomplished, just different tactic.

For me - Adex in emergency like a gyno flare for example but also if levels are alarmingly high - Bind that shit up.
Then Asin once root problem is under control which also means Asin used for maintenance situations.

Adex is harder on my bloods
Adex is also susceptible to "overresponder syndrome" in a small percentage of guys and also more sensitive and hard to dial in as guys here have already described.

@Bigbear I don't know who you are talking to that you see most people seem to like Adex more but what I hear is very far the other way

Last edited:
@Bigbear I can't tell when you hit like but I think I was still editing, original accidental post just said "No" :)
It just seemed like most have said arimidex over aromasin but maybe it's more balanced out. I've also read a lot of trt protocols on clinical websites that have used arimidex but not a lot on aromasin. What's over responded syndrom?

It just seemed like most have said arimidex over aromasin but maybe it's more balanced out. I've also read a lot of trt protocols on clinical websites that have used arimidex but not a lot on aromasin. What's over responded syndrom?
iirc adex is more commonly , maybe only in some places, what is available scripted.

I misplelled. Overresponder syndrome is extreme reaction to dose. IOW in this case a tiny little dose crushes E. Makes it super hard to dose accurately in oral form

iirc adex is more commonly , maybe only in some places, what is available scripted.

I misplelled. Overresponder syndrome is extreme reaction to dose. IOW in this case a tiny little dose crushes E. Makes it super hard to dose accurately in oral form
I would say adex is more commonly available. A lot of people I know don’t have access to aromasin. Maybe that’s why adex appears to be “favored” when in reality, in some cases, it’s just all that is available.

This is me in a nut shell. Even 0.25mg in some cases will crash my estrogen for a long time. 1/8 works ok, its hard to cut up though.

Still, if I'm careful, arimidex does the trick. I just can't justify the cost for aromasin when I hardly need an AI in the first place.

Honestly at the end of the day, both do the same thing. You just gotta factor in what’s available, cost, how your body is and how it reacts, and what either of them do to you. They do differ in some areas and in how they work, but at the end of the day, u gotta try and see which one gives u less bad sides and stick to it for however long u need it.

Honestly at the end of the day, both do the same thing. You just gotta factor in what’s available, cost, how your body is and how it reacts, and what either of them do to you. They do differ in some areas and in how they work, but at the end of the day, u gotta try and see which one gives u less bad sides and stick to it for however long u need it.
Yeah my "emergency" reasoning is that Adex binds up the E nearly immediately so plasma E never can engage with the offending receptors sort of like how a serm like nolva or ralox work but backwards.
Asin slows E production down at the site of production which means it takes a while before the plasma level drops.

So for example the lag in time could make the difference between a full blown gyno flair vs a little tingling. If I know ahead of time that my E is going to go up ( cycling with aromatizing compounds) I can prevent the issues by starting Asin right near the start.

I am sensitive as all fuck to gyno on even mediocre TRT dose of Test. In actual practice these days I usually just limit my Test to about 140 and use other compounds to do the heavy lifting. It would really be more accurate to say that my cycling days with any significant dose are probably over. I never was what you'd call a heavy user anyhow. TRT+ now. But you never know, the urge to bump it up a notch is still there ...

I'm going to be avoiding blood work while experimenting that's the only reason I'm thinking so much into it. Seems like aromasin for the win just because of the less toxic effect on Lipids, liver and bone mineral density. I'm thinking if I don't know how ill respond and end up needing more than I anticipated I might as well have the healthier one. I think I read somewhere the steroidal a.i are also healthier for muscle too, and using non steroidal a.i could inhibit some muscle growth. Just thinking out loud though. Thanks for the opinions lads

Yeah my "emergency" reasoning is that Adex binds up the E nearly immediately so plasma E never can engage with the offending receptors sort of like how a serm like nolva or ralox work but backwards.
Asin slows E production down at the site of production which means it takes a while before the plasma level drops.

So for example the lag in time could make the difference between a full blown gyno flair vs a little tingling. If I know ahead of time that my E is going to go up ( cycling with aromatizing compounds) I can prevent the issues by starting Asin right near the start.

I am sensitive as all fuck to gyno on even mediocre TRT dose of Test. In actual practice these days I usually just limit my Test to about 140 and use other compounds to do the heavy lifting. It would really be more accurate to say that my cycling days with any significant dose are probably over. I never was what you'd call a heavy user anyhow. TRT+ now. But you never know, the urge to bump it up a notch is still there
I usually do trt+ as well

I'm going to be avoiding blood work while experimenting that's the only reason I'm thinking so much into it. Seems like aromasin for the win just because of the less toxic effect on Lipids, liver and bone mineral density. I'm thinking if I don't know how ill respond and end up needing more than I anticipated I might as well have the healthier one. I think I read somewhere the steroidal a.i are also healthier for muscle too, and using non steroidal a.i could inhibit some muscle growth. Just thinking out loud though. Thanks for the opinions lads
Don’t know much about your avoidance of blood work, not saying it isn’t justified, I just don’t think you should avoid a blood test if you’ve never used an a.i. Best way to know how your body reacts is to monitor the blood, I mean the blood is gonna know it before you can “feel” it. But I think the main ideas culminate in @gondar1 previous reply on which ones to use under which scenarios. Trying something for the first time is always the worst but it’s also the only way to know what’s best for you moving forward.

I am sensitive as all fuck to gyno on even mediocre TRT dose of Test. In actual practice these days I usually just limit my Test to about 140 and use other compounds to do the heavy lifting. It would really be more accurate to say that my cycling days with any significant dose are probably over. I never was what you'd call a heavy user anyhow. TRT+ now. But you never know, the urge to bump it up a notch is still there ...
I too am sensitive to gyno. My body even before cycle didn’t have the best time with estrogenic symptoms. I’ve always been quick to fill up with water, sensitize the nips, and backne would flair up like crazy, which is why I’ve always started aromasin relatively quickly after cycling.

No.

But I know what you mean about "rebound". The way that the community uses the term "rebound" when discussing this is misleading.
It brings to mind that it went away and is now coming back, much like you described.

Technically though what it is intended to convey is that the plasma levels dropped (because it was bound up) and later have come back up as the Adex level drops away (less and less percentage of E is bound as time passes). The E never went anywhere though, it was just unavailable due to being bound. Mission accomplished, just different tactic.

For me - Adex in emergency like a gyno flare for example but also if levels are alarmingly high - Bind that shit up.
Then Asin once root problem is under control which also means Asin used for maintenance situations.

Adex is harder on my bloods
Adex is also susceptible to "overresponder syndrome" in a small percentage of guys and also more sensitive and hard to dial in as guys here have already described.

@Bigbear I don't know who you are talking to that you see most people seem to like Adex more but what I hear is very far the other way
Yeah I looked it up later and it blocks the aromatase enzyme. I should have fixed that post, but kinda forgot about it.