Which is better aromasin or arimidex?

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
Whats people's thoughts? I've never used an a.i but I'm planning to for the first time. I've read up most stuff and it seems most people like arimidex over aromasin. I'm leaning more towards the aromasin because it has less negative side effects on Lipids. What would make someone want arimidex more? As far as I know they both have the same results...

It's up to you. I prefer a suicide inhibitor (Aromasin) because it bonds and removes estrogen. Arimidex is a blocker so once it clears the system it's gone and the estrogen is still there. My view is if I am truly high in estrogen (ie: coming off and doing PCT phase) I want to bind it and get it gone. Double edged sword though, too much will crash E2 but that is quite a bit. Over the years I found 12.5mg E3D for 3wks starting 2wks after stopping 500mg/wk of test worked best for me.

You shouldn't need anywhere enough to cause issues if your not a producer. Even a sledgehammer like Letrozole which will completely strip the body of estrogen isn't all that toxic in the dosages and duration needed to correct any problem.

It's really up to preference. I don't usually need an AI but if I do, Arimidex gets my vote, simply because I get more bang for buck from it.

Arimidex is a sucidal inhibitor as well.

Why people think it has a rebound effect, or doesn’t clear estrogen is because it’s in and out quick. Aromasin seems to be longer acting.

I try to think of it this way, Adex is prop, aromasin is ethnate.

I have always had a hard time with aromasin because of this. You need to give it time to work, so I’d overdo it at first to get rid of estrogen sides, then end up crashing my estrogen after a while because I’m taking too much.

I like Adex, because I only use as needed.

Last edited:
I try to think of it this way, Adex is prop, aromasin is ethnate.

I have always had a hard time with aromasin because of this. You need to give it time to work, so I’d overdo it at first to get rid of estrogen sides, then end up crashing my estrogen after a while because I’m taking too much.
Ooo I like this one. Great analogy. I've always set my mind to long term with PED's along with everything else so I gravitate towards the longer acting compounds typically for control. I love experiments within reason and the experience between these two was informative. I found out quickly that 1mg EOD of Arimidex for 2wks is super extra bad news for me at the end of a cycle. I stopped that tout suite when my E2 just (by feel) crashed through the hole and into the basement.

I’ve always gone with aromasin, never tried arimidex. Cost never mattered to me and in my opinion with aromasin I pay for convenience. Don’t wanna complicate things and worry about my lipids. Also arimidex may interact with nolvadex (tamoxifen) and become less effective, while the interactions is less mild with aromasin (important during PCT). Yes you have to be careful not to crash your E2 but that’s nothing some research and proper blood monitoring can’t fix. And the more you know yourself and how your body reacts, the better you can dose yourself. Not to say that arimidex is bad, I’m just sharing what worked for me and if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

People react different to each and one guy prefers aromasin due to sides vs arimidex. They both are very similar in what they due vs. a SERM like @storman mentions. They are are both AI's and are not the same but are similar. I have never used an AI. I used arimidex once for a few days and it did not agree me, headaches, and felt lethargic but have not tried aromisin so my info is not from experience.
This is a good website for a comparison:

Good luck,
GR

I use Aromasin, but I have used both, if you don't need a AI and only want to spot treat as you need I would say Adex, if you're like me a gyno prone and need a AI after 250mg test I would say Aromasin

I prefer Arimidex. I rarely need it but when I do it's in fast, gets the job done, and out fast.
I just wondered, if your dose of test or whatever brought you to the point of needing it do you just take it once and lower your aromatising compounds or stay at the same dose and just nip the estrogen once and a while when it pops up?

Myself I use adex once in a while just to nip estrogen in the bud.
I do not llike taking any ai, well because I found no matter what I could never get is adjusted perfectly. SO my estrogen was either too low or too high. So I take 1/2 mg when I start to feel like I want to tear up wathing tv, lol, or my morning wood is not as good as normal.

I start low because adex is strong and works fast. If 1/2 mg didn’t do the trick, then 2 days later I take another 1/2 mg. Then I am usually fine agin for another week or two. Now that being said, I am talking about lower test dose cycles, like 500 mg or less (I do not get really bad estrogen sides on test for the most part). Now if I was running 30 mg of dbol a day with 300 mg of test, I’d need adex daily.

If I am on 125mg of test a week only, I only used adex every once in a while. I just found it the easiest to work with. On trt I’d have to try and figure out the tiniest dose of aromasin I could take eod, then remember to take it eod, lol. With adex, I take it once and am good for a long time.

i honestly have never noticed a difference between the 2 anecdotally. guess i’d choose the one with less sides?
I think it comes down to arimidex kicks in faster but has a rebound effect, aromisin is slower to work but also kills the estrogen with itself and an important factor is aromasin is less toxic on Lipids. I'd say if a person takes it regularly go with aromasin but like sorbate said if it's just used as a one off adex might be quicker and more handy. Do you take yours on a regular basis like for example no matter what ever 3rd day you take 12.5 or something?

I think it comes down to arimidex kicks in faster but has a rebound effect, aromisin is slower to work but also kills the estrogen with itself and an important factor is aromasin is less toxic on Lipids. I'd say if a person takes it regularly go with aromasin but like sorbate said if it's just used as a one off adex might be quicker and more handy. Do you take yours on a regular basis like for example no matter what ever 3rd day you take 12.5 or something?
im not even that regulated hahaha. i pin MWF and take 12.5 asin T/Th/Sat (day after injection.) that was on 750 test. adex i would just take one when i felt the effects of higher e2 (on 500 test.) usually once or twice a week. i’m not a great example for this if you’re looking to optimize hahaha, i believe it’s a KISS situation for myself, but can see why my approach is also brain dead.

im not even that regulated hahaha. i pin MWF and take 12.5 asin T/Th/Sat (day after injection.) that was on 750 test. adex i would just take one when i felt the effects of higher e2 (on 500 test.) usually once or twice a week. i’m not a great example for this if you’re looking to optimize hahaha, i believe it’s a KISS situation for myself, but can see why my approach is also brain dead.
No No your approach isn't brain dead. I just don't have any clue my trt doc turned me off a.i a long time ago and I only now thinking about using them.

Honestly i think people over think it (the difference). I have used both when required and both work.

They are very similar ancillaries and have similar risk profiles. I know people have strong opinions on which is better but i think your splitting hairs.

When you need one, use the one you have on hand. Respect that they are strong drugs and they will do what they are supposed too …. tread carefully as people tend to way overdo it.