When to get bloodwork after injection

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
My doc originally perscribed 1 injection weekly and said wait 5 days after injection for blood work. Now I do 3 a week instead of 1 so when would be the time to go for blood work would it be like 2 days or so? Technically 5 days after a weekly injection would mean you are not missing an injection and there would still be a specific concentration in the blood

My doc originally perscribed 1 injection weekly and said wait 5 days after injection for blood work. Now I do 3 a week instead of 1 so when would be the time to go for blood work would it be like 2 days or so? Technically 5 days after a weekly injection would mean you are not missing an injection and there would still be a specific concentration in the blood
Depends on your honest goals. If you are looking to get a maximum dosage prescribed you need to play the game somewhat. If you inject Monday and get tested Wednesday, your blood levels will be at peak . If you inject Monday and get tested the next Monday morning your levels will be significantly lower.

This is what my naturopath does so he can justify giving me the dose I get. Inject Tuesday and Friday and on the Friday am before your injection go for blood work. When I used to get 160mg split Monday and Friday, my blood work came in at 20ngl (reference range 9-30ngl) now I get 240mg and I’m around 30 ngl

Depends on your honest goals. If you are looking to get a maximum dosage prescribed you need to play the game somewhat. If you inject Monday and get tested Wednesday, your blood levels will be at peak . If you inject Monday and get tested the next Monday morning your levels will be significantly lower.

This is what my naturopath does so he can justify giving me the dose I get. Inject Tuesday and Friday and on the Friday am before your injection go for blood work. When I used to get 160mg split Monday and Friday, my blood work came in at 20ngl (reference range 9-30ngl) now I get 240mg and I’m around 30 ngl
Ok so if I actually want to know my real numbers just go day of injection before injecting, thanks man

@Jerbear - is the 3 a week doctor prescribed or your decision with TRT? I'm asking because a good doctor will know the half life of an ester and expect the testosterone numbers to be in a certain range on day 5. If your injecting 3 times a week instead of once and your numbers are much higher, your doctor is going to go down a rabbit hole of potential issues / you taking too much or at least they should..

I'm not sure what you are saying above when you state, "Technically 5 days after a weekly injection would mean you are not missing an injection and there would still be a specific concentration in the blood"?
Wouldn't it mean you are missing a normal injection for yourself if your doing it every 2 days. What ester are you on?

@Jerbear - is the 3 a week doctor prescribed or your decision with TRT? I'm asking because a good doctor will know the half life of an ester and expect the testosterone numbers to be in a certain range on day 5. If your injecting 3 times a week instead of once and your numbers are much higher, your doctor is going to go down a rabbit hole of potential issues / you taking too much or at least they should..

I'm not sure what you are saying above when you state, "Technically 5 days after a weekly injection would mean you are not missing an injection and there would still be a specific concentration in the blood"?
Wouldn't it mean you are missing a normal injection for yourself if your doing it every 2 days. What ester are you on?
I'm taking cypionate and I just meant I was supposed to originally go in for bloodwork 5 days after injection so I wouldn't be missing an injection. If I inject 3 times a week now but I still have to wait 5 days to go in then I will be missing an injection as I inject every 2 to 3 days. Mon,Thurs,Sat,...the issue is my clinic owner sets up the appintments and I see the actual doc days later. The owner doesn't know a lot about it he seen my high henocrit before and suggested to inject once every 2 weeks instead lol I said maybe twice a week would be better then once a week and especially better then once every 2 weeks. So point being if I go in too soon after injecting they may think I'm on too high of a dose and not put any real thought into it.

Off topic but your dr is right (in theory) about hemoglobin/hematocrit

Pinning less frequently = lower numbers

Pinning more frequently = less conversion to E2, higher free test, higher the free test the higher the epo. Plus the more you pin, you are overlapping 1/2 lives so the amount of testosterone entering the system is slightly higher consistently.

Pin more frequently = lower E2 but higher hemoglobin. But its not quite that simple. SHGB is a bigger factor. pinning frequency is not an effective strategy at managing hemoglobin. It is a factor but a very small one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off topic but your dr is right (in theory) about hemoglobin/hematocrit

Pinning less frequently = lower numbers

Pinning more frequently = less conversion to E2, higher free test, higher the free test the higher the epo. Plus the more you pin, you are overlapping 1/2 lives so the amount of testosterone entering the system is slightly higher consistently.

Pin more frequently = lower E2 but higher hemoglobin. But its not quite that simple. SHGB is a bigger factor. pinning frequency is not an effective strategy at managing hemoglobin. It is a factor but a very small one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh ok nice thank you

I'm taking cypionate and I just meant I was supposed to originally go in for bloodwork 5 days after injection so I wouldn't be missing an injection. If I inject 3 times a week now but I still have to wait 5 days to go in then I will be missing an injection as I inject every 2 to 3 days. Mon,Thurs,Sat,...the issue is my clinic owner sets up the appintments and I see the actual doc days later. The owner doesn't know a lot about it he seen my high henocrit before and suggested to inject once every 2 weeks instead lol I said maybe twice a week would be better then once a week and especially better then once every 2 weeks. So point being if I go in too soon after injecting they may think I'm on too high of a dose and not put any real thought into it.
Go for bloods the morning before your injection will give you the lowest levels. You would have lower levels injecting once a week and drawing the morning before the injection.
I would swap back to once a week for like 4 weeks before you need to do the blood test.

Last edited:
Go for bloods the morning before your injection will give you the lowest levels. You would have lower levels injecting once a week and drawing the morning before the injection.
I oculi swap back to once a week for like 4 weeks before you need to do the blood test.
Oh ok. Perfect thanks man

I was trying to play a game at first to try to get my gp to up the dose but I found I don't need more. If I'm injecting 15ed I'll wait 4 days without injection and my levels are around 26.

I was trying to play a game at first to try to get my gp to up the dose but I found I don't need more. If I'm injecting 15ed I'll wait 4 days without injection and my levels are around 26.
100% for trt 100mg-160mg is plenty for most. But if you know that and play the game and say get 200mg scripts just take your normal 100-160mg and save the additional for a time you want to blast. Then your blasting with pharma test;)

100% for trt 100mg-160mg is plenty for most. But if you know that and play the game and say get 200mg scripts just take your normal 100-160mg and save the additional for a time you want to blast. Then your blasting with pharma test;)
That's cool but it's only 100mg/ml

That's cool but it's only 100mg/ml
Sorry I don’t get the context? If his doctor prescribed 200mg per week and he only takes 100 mg per week. That means after one year he would have 5,200 mgs of excess test. That means after one year he could do a 3 month blast of 433mg+ his normal 100 mg for a total of 533mgs per week for 12 weeks.

Also, the pharma cyp is 100mg/ml . Ask for the test enth and it’s 200mg/ml and the cost is only slightly more.

Sorry I don’t get the context? If his doctor prescribed 200mg per week and he only takes 100 mg per week. That means after one year he would have 5,200 mgs of excess test. That means after one year he could do a 3 month blast of 433mg+ his normal 100 mg for a total of 533mgs per week for 12 weeks.

Also, the pharma cyp is 100mg/ml . Ask for the test enth and it’s 200mg/ml and the cost is only slightly more.
Guys are saying now there pharmacists are telling them to discard each vial after 30 days so that's even more lol. If your doc OKs it

Ya my doc isn’t there yet and that ok bcz I am more than happy with. 240mg per week scipt. I don’t even use the full script so I always have extra for a blast. Plus anything above 300 mg test for me I will just add in something else like mast or primo .

Sure it's extra test but I'd need to inject 5ml per week to run 500 test.

I wasn't aware that pharma enanthate was dosed at 200/ml, that's a bit better. usually I run ugl or homebrew when on cycle and end up with extra anyway. I might ask my doctor if I can have enanthate instead so that I can have smaller injection volume and see what he says.

I wasn't aware that pharma enanthate was dosed at 200/ml, that's a bit better. usually I run ugl or homebrew when on cycle and end up with extra anyway. I might ask my doctor if I can have enanthate instead so that I can have smaller injection volume and see what he says.
My successful approach to this was "less oil with Enth right? Why would I want to inject more oil than I have to?" It is a legit concern I think, Good luck.

My successful approach to this was "less oil with Enth right? Why would I want to inject more oil than I have to?" It is a legit concern I think, Good luck.
That’s what I said word for word and it worked. I think that some people may be also allergic to the sesame oil they use in the enth so doctors are more prone to issue the cyp which I think might be MCT oil.

Oh gotcha! It’s funny how many people aren’t aware of the 200mg/ml enth . It is more expensive when you calculate it but not by much .

Let me know what your doctor says about switching