Went to a new doctor today

animal-inside

Trusted Member
Had to get script renwal etc.. We have a new doctor in town doing his placement. He's done med school and practising alone, but working under another doctor??

Either way super good to deal with and very energic to answer and discuss things.. HE said he'd liek to sit and talk for hours about hormones, blodo sugars, etc..

Here's what's what according to him

My blod sugar:

I am in no way prediabetic or even close.. He said my A1c is great.

I said yes, but my fasting sugars are not great.. He looked at them.. And then said "your on testosterone and I can tell you lift heavy weights... Testosterone will increae your BS a bit, but lifting heavy weights will also increase it... You drop your glucose hard when you lift and then your liver is working hard to replace it.. your numbers are fine.. keep working out and keep eating good, but you are not prediabetic..

He said when I was aroudn 290 and not eating great, I could have shown prediabetic numbers, but as of now nothing to worry about.

He said the problem with the parameters for blood sugar is that they take a sample of 10,000 people and test blood sugars, but do not take into consideration anythign else such as diet, lifting weights, on TRT etc.. so their numbers don't work for eveyrone.. they are a guideline, but there is much more to blood sugars numbers when you get heavy weight lifters, distance runners, TRT patients, etc..

He asked if I Was still taking ozepmic.. I said I thought it was good until I got to 0.5 mg a week and then I was experiencing low blood sugar symptoms when I extered myself or after my first heavy set at the gym.. He said "yup.. because your not prediabetic so it dropped your blood sugars lower than normal.. Don't take it if that's what it does to you even if you were taking it for weight loss"

Cholesterol:
He asked why I stopped my 5mg cholesterol meds.. I told him my last doctor said that 5mg does next to nothign and that if my cholestrol gets higher in the future, that 5mg will do much more for me..

He said opposite.. latest research is now 5mg for someone who has never had a cardiact event does wonderings for prevenative. It does as much for them that a high dose does for someone who has had a major cardiac event..

He said take it as prevenatitve since I'm over 40... it will help prevent clogged arties regardless of diet.

I asked if sugar intake caused cholesterol to be sticky and therefore lead to plaque.. He said its a factor, but you can't fight your genetics which accounts for 85% of cholestrol production. take meds, eat good, be active.

I said my other doctor also got me off it since I was having some muscle pain issues. He said those meds either will or will not cause muscle pain and if they do, I'll know it and it will be undeinably the meds.. He said the muscle pain I descirbed didn't sound like that constant intense pain that can be caused by those meds.

3 doctors, 3 vastly different opinions lol..

I'm amazed you're able to get Ozempic prescribed. Did you just ask? Or the Doc offered?

I have talked to various docs too regarding trt and such, and of course their opinions vary. You have to factor their age and background. Older doctors from a more traditional culture tend to be more conservative and stick with traditional practice while younger generation are more open minded and will explore other avenues for your needs.

I used to go to a walk in clinic with a built young Asian doc who knows "what's up", I didn't need to say shit and he prescribed hcg and clomid lol. Too bad, he moved to the murica.

I'm hearing more and more doctors and scientists on podcasts saying cholesterol meds in general are good for everybody at an older age. They say the day we are born we start developing heart disease and it's only a matter of time until everyone has an issue. Just some might have other issues first

I'm amazed you're able to get Ozempic prescribed. Did you just ask? Or the Doc offered?

I have talked to various docs too regarding trt and such, and of course their opinions vary. You have to factor their age and background. Older doctors from a more traditional culture tend to be more conservative and stick with traditional practice while younger generation are more open minded and will explore other avenues for your needs.

I used to go to a walk in clinic with a built young Asian doc who knows "what's up", I didn't need to say shit and he prescribed hcg and clomid lol. Too bad, he moved to the murica.

Doctor suggested actually... he seemed to really believe it wss a great option to just loose weight, but also great for diabetics.

He did prescribe it, but he said its unlikely my med plan will cover it. He said med plans will want you on metaformin as its much cheaper.

Most doctors I've come across are idiots who don't wanna talk much at all. He sounds pretty good taking lifestyle into account as opposed to the biased, heavily opinionated and science void bullshit most have spewed at me.

Most doctors I've come across are idiots who don't wanna talk much at all. He sounds pretty good taking lifestyle into account as opposed to the biased, heavily opinionated and science void bullshit most have spewed at me.
It's what they're taught I've been reading med school textbooks lately and seeing a lot the controversial stuff taught that we are seeing now a days might not be the case. Politics beauracracy and corruption is to blame. Doctors do their best. I hear you though and totally agree they get paid to rush us out and move on

There's no doubt they're intelligent people. You have to be to get through med school... But the lack of actual science mixed with overly biased opinions, and the god complex thinking they know everything by virtue of being a doctor? It pisses me off; especially since most people eat that shit up. My favorite is when they start talking like nutritional authorities when they only get 24h of industry funded nutrition training all through medical school. Haven't been able to find a half decent one since my family doctor moved to B.C and I've been through a dozen or so. I have at least found a couple humble enough to admit they don't know much about certain topics.

There's no doubt they're intelligent people. You have to be to get through med school... But the lack of actual science mixed with overly biased opinions, and the god complex thinking they know everything by virtue of being a doctor? It pisses me off; especially since most people eat that shit up. My favorite is when they start talking like nutritional authorities when they only get 24h of industry funded nutrition training all through medical school. Haven't been able to find a half decent one since my family doctor moved to B.C and I've been through a dozen or so. I have at least found a couple humble enough to admit they don't know much about certain topics.
Actually when you take the first 3 years for med school, you have the option to take a nutritional course.
Originally I was going to be a vet. As a vet you take the sane first couple years every general doctor takes, then specialize from there, it was highly recommended to take the nutrional courses.

Now this was 30+ years ago, I have no idea what happens now.

Actually when you take the first 3 years for med school, you have the option to take a nutritional course.
Originally I was going to be a vet. As a vet you take the sane first couple years every general doctor takes, then specialize from there, it was highly recommended to take the nutrional courses.

You kind of went the other way on that huh
Vet prospect to Professional Butcher lol

Surprised and blessed to know that every doctor still supports exercise as a number one priority and will perscrib it before most other things. I'm reading a lot about it in my books as well. Good to know they aren't completely sold out and controlled by big pharma. Fuck garenteed if they could pack exercise into a pill and sell they would in a second. I think the only reason exercise is so recommended in health care is because in canada we work with the insurence model and exercise is free 🤫

I found this article to be a logical description of how the profession self selects for authoritarian personalities*.

This excerpt covers most of it.

I noted that gaining entrance into graduate school or medical school and becoming a psychologist or psychiatrist require much behavioral and attentional compliance to authorities, even to those authorities that one lacks respect for. I pointed out that those with extended schooling have lived for many years in a world where one routinely conforms to the demands of authorities, and it was my experience that most psychologists and psychiatrists are not only extraordinarily compliant with authorities but also unaware of the magnitude of their obedience. I concluded that noncompliant patients create enormous anxiety for authoritarian doctors, and that this anxiety along with doctors’ shame over their own excessive compliance can fuel harmful diagnoses and treatments.

*note, by authoritarian personality, this includes authoritarian followers per Bob Altemeyer, U Manitoba.

Last edited: