Welcome, Clubsouthern25

Taureau

Administrator
Welcome "@Clubsouthern25" to Canadian Brawn. I am very happy you have joined us. I hope you will be an active member and participate in the forum. We are a community of like minded individuals encompassing all ages and experience levels. We are here to help and support you in your goals. Please take a moment to reply to this thread with some information about yourself. Where are you from, how old are you, your experience level and what brought you here are good things to share.
Thank you
Bull

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I'm a 28 year old guy originally from Toronto, now living in Ottawa. I grew up playing most sports, which got me into weightlifting and exercise when I was 16 or 17, and I never really stopped. The gym has long been my sanctuary, and a place that has helped to keep me centred. I wouldn't call myself an expert by any means when it comes to weightlifting, but not a beginner either - somewhere in the middle.

The main thing that brought me here was an interest in learning more about AAS- specifically testosterone. AAS have always been a blindspot for me, and they were something I hadn't really considered from a performance enhancing context (largely just due to ignorance and fear).

But in the last 6-9 months I started getting more interested in understanding AAS through the Moreplatesmoredates YouTube channel. Beyond strictly gym performance, I have begun to notice that I have many symptom markers of some of the non-optimal hormone profiles he mentioned, and so I did some blood testing in the last few months. I discovered that my total testosterone was on the low-normal side at 368 ng/DL, free test was 254 pmol/L, and that my estradiol was 174 pmol/L. Not really significant enough for most risk-averse doctors to pursue treatment for since it is in the reference range, but concerning nonetheless.

I'm still unsure about whether I would want to pursue something like TRT through a clinic or another kind of supplementation, but I am looking for a place where I can exchange ideas and learn from those with greater knowledge in these areas.

Thanks!

Last edited: