******* UPDATED***** NOW TWENTY TWO CONFIRMED DEAD....Canada's deadliest killing spree of all time in Nova Scotia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw one interview where the cop said they updated people by twitter. I wonder how many would even have Twitter in a small town? So brutal it takes a tragedy to fix problems that are obvious.

I don't have twitter.. I dont' think I know anyone, including teenagers, who have twitter..

Kids use- snap chat and instagram
my generation use facebook and some instagram.. and a few snap chat.
older then my generation use email and the telephone

I don't have twitter.. I dont' think I know anyone, including teenagers, who have twitter..

Kids use- snap chat and instagram
my generation use facebook and some instagram.. and a few snap chat.
older then my generation use email and the telephone
I use smoke signals and tree knocks like bigfoot...That is how I roll man.
I used to use tongue clicks, but it seems to have gone the way of the Beta machine now.

His death was the easy way out without a doubt, but in the end at least we don't have to listen to him trying to get off with the crime "due to his mental state" or watch him appeal his conviction over and over.. At least the families don't need to go through all those court dates.. And his death saved the tax payer millions upon millions of dollars.

Amen to that brothaman! As far as I'm concerned, they need to do some retroactive double-taps and cut some of the current useless waste off the "taxpayer to keep animals locked up budget."

.50 cents in lead, burn the fucker and throw the box of ashes in the landfill. Cost like $500.50 to save millions of dollars off someone never going to get out of jail/someone we'd never want out anyways. THAT is called CORRECTING your correctional budget management.

I saw one interview where the cop said they updated people by twitter. I wonder how many would even have Twitter in a small town? So brutal it takes a tragedy to fix problems that are obvious.

Who in THE FUCK is going to be logged into the local RCMP's twitter feed?

Fucking hell is it just me or are people blowing RIGHT PAST what social media was created for and into "Great ways not to have to spend money on protecting people by using FREE social media apps and expecting people to even know what they are let along bother to look at the RCMP feed."

Senior law official on conference call "Okay! We need to have something to let people know if the shit hits the fan. Get me budget numbers and how we can roll this out so everybody is protected."
Less senior law official grinning like a mental patient on glue from his office in IT. "Awww sir! There's this thing called...TWITTER. We can use it sir and guess what? It costs NOTHING!"
Senior "So if a lunatic makes one of our cars, a uniform to look like us, gets a bunch of guns and gasoline and starts shooting/burning the entire province down we can let everybody know? And its...FREE?"
Junior "YES, SIR! I'm logged into Twitter 24x7! Everybody should be! Socialll media! I just can't get enough of this Twitter thing so EVERYBODY is going to be ON BOARD, sir! And yes FREE FREE FREE!"
Senior "Well that's just great, Jason! And here I was prepared to spend money on something that would have FORCED people to know about emergencies but you're telling me that they can monitor this "Twitter" 24x7 like you do and get our messages in time of extreme need?"
Junion "YES SIR! It's INSTANT! Donald Trump just said it's possibly okay to inject disinfectant into you to kill Covid! I mean he just said and it's right here on my phone! When we're done here, I have some Clorox Bleech and try it out myself!"
Senior "Well there you have it boys and girls! Keep digging and we can police and stop criminals and it doesn't even cost us a penny! Great job, Jason! Jason? Jason?"
Other Junior suddenly on call "Err Jason is unconscious on the floor. He's sitting beside a bottle of bleach and has a syringe in his arm. He Errr doesn't appear to be breathing, sir."

Seriously. WTF. You can't get the budget to get yourself screaming on every cellphone in the area, you're not doing your job right.

Twitter. W...T...F.

Read the RCMP statement today that discussed this.. They said they sent twitter messages and were "actually in the middle of drafting the message to be sent out using the amber alert system when he was caught and shot".. That's a crock of shit... how many hours does it take to draft a message?

In Ontario we've had Amber alerts within 30 minutes of police getting a credible need to scream it out., We gets probably two or three a month now? Usually from Toronto area with the population but we've had some weather ones too. There was the "dreaded" Pikering Nuclear plant leak message that was a mistake but fuck it, I'd rather be awake and with a bad msg here and there then not awake at all if some lunatic loads up and starts taking the province down.

Its good that he didn't run with "this problem would have been a non-issue if more people had guns" route. I'm not very familiar with the battle between CCFR and anti-gun lobbyists, but it's not surprising that the conversation is brought up after a tragedy. I obviously don't know where the families would stand on the issue.

Saw this on TV too, an interview with the brother of one of the victims:

The brother called to say there is a fire and i am going to take some pictures??
I guess its been a while but there was a time when a man would see this and say “ i am going to see if everyone is ok and if i can help”
Now we need pictures of everything for facebook.
gross

The brother called to say there is a fire and i am going to take some pictures??
I guess its been a while but there was a time when a man would see this and say “ i am going to see if everyone is ok and if i can help”
Now we need pictures of everything for facebook.
gross

Right and he talks very much about his own self preservation hypothermia hiding in the woods and how the cops won't give his phone back and they weren't doing enough and so on. I think his brother got a "he was a good guy" somewhere in there.

i wonder though, what makes a reporter interviewing a victim for tv ratings an essential service during a pandemic?

Its good that he didn't run with "this problem would have been a non-issue if more people had guns" route. I'm not very familiar with the battle between CCFR and anti-gun lobbyists, but it's not surprising that the conversation is brought up after a tragedy. I obviously don't know where the families would stand on the issue.

Canada doesn't have a gun problem. Despite us having 1/3rd of the guns of the USA our gun deaths are a FRACTION of theirs. Whether it mentality, gun control, the weather is just too damn cold to be exchanging lead with each other or what but we just don't have the problems. Consequently, we don't need people with hip holsters carrying .40 Glocks because there might be a showdown at Walmart (It's too bad we don't have a Piggily Wiggily because that a Showdown at the Pigggily Wiggily just sounds kinda cool). In any case, most of our gun abuse is rifle or shut gun. I think if you asked 20 Canadians, more than half would be surprised to know that handguns were actually allowed in Canada. (And I kinda like that. I've asked my family members who know I'm into guns and they had no idea how many guns were in Canada.)

its so hard to tell what triggered that fuck. Gotta be some inside knowledge of the RCMP playback floating around inside that family I bet.

they have a special investigations unit that has government over sight. That's as good as its going to get and being in the OPP for 35 years, I can tell out SIU was real and impartial on every investigation i ever saw.

- on RCMP payroll
- withdraws a half million in cash
- allowed to own/operate replica cruiser
- 12 hr response time
- no emergency broadcast
- RCMP shoots building housing survivors

Something stinks about this whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.