Trap a cat

In this day and age, I agree. But you can't ignore the fact that it's an actual factual foot item on the menu there. If I've offended anyone whatsoever I apologize
Didn’t insult me at all, and I have a Chinese sister.
I just didn’t want to be the one that said it, people are getting too sensitive, lol.
I’m glad someone did though.

I was going to say I’d make Chinese Sausage.

Supplier issues? Expanding your inventory selection?
Need something cheaper.
I just got my new supplier pricing and the prices are scaring me a bit. The new carbon tax increase, mixed with spring had increased my costs by about 15%. Fuck Trudeau.

I may set up the sprinkler first. It worked on the birds that liked to drop it’s poop on my pool cover. Plus if I set it up in the front yard, I should video it spraying the mail man as he walks across my lawn, lol. I’d put up a warning sign. ;)
The sprinkler idea may work. They have some motion activated ones designed for birds and wildlife. They used to have one that was completely hose-free and could hold like 4L of water and was solar powered, that one was great, you could literally put it anywhere.

There is something else we have used with a great deal of success and it also works on deer and rats, Try putting pure peppermint oil extract around the area that you do not want the cat to be. For 14 dollars what can it hurt. SaltyDawg

Just wondering if anyone has trapped a cat.
there is this dirty stray that keeps coming over and nesting on my cats in their yard and I want it gone.
It's called "gun". A nice .338 lapua make that fucker like it never even existed.

"Honey what's this bit of fluff in the back yard"

*shrug* "fucked I know...rabbit moulting? "

If you can hit it away from the fence, single shell of birdshot will send that asshole to kitty heaven but you have corpse to deal with.

Hand gun will work if he's moving slowly/close enough/safe distance from your own cats. Again, asshole leaves a corpse though.

Yes.. Its quite easy...

Buy a skunk trap, open a can of tuna and put it in the trap where the cat generally comes around. You'll have it alive in the trap within a few days.

I catch them this way when I'm tyring to get rid of skunks.

How do you avoid getting sprayed by an especially angered and trapped skunk

Watch out for skunks! They are motherfuckers!
This happened to me! Lol I was shitting my pants through the whole ordeal! I walked up to the trap with a old blanket threw it on top and carefully picked it up I’m the back of my truck. Now came the tricky part...... how do I find the front of the trap without getting sprayed and how do I open the trap without getting sprayed lol! Luckily I fumbled through it and let him go at a conservation area close by with the only damage being the back of my truck wreaking for a few weeks! Never want to do that again lol

I live right in the city so I couldn’t shoot it. Trust me I thought about it but too many Nancy neighbours here lol

I live right in the city so I couldn’t shoot it. Trust me I thought about it but too many Nancy neighbours here lol
First check if your city has a contract for skunk/racoon control, many do and will take care of it for you. If not, contact an NWCO. It's like $75-$150 to get a skunk trapped and disposed of. It's usually better than attempting to DIY, especially with skunks. Depending on where you live and the provinces rabies control act, you may not have a choice but to shoot the skunk. Being in a city with nearby neighbours you need licenses to be able to do the shooting.

First check if your city has a contract for skunk/racoon control, many do and will take care of it for you. If not, contact an NWCO. It's like $75-$150 to get a skunk trapped and disposed of. It's usually better than attempting to DIY, especially with skunks. Depending on where you live and the provinces rabies control act, you may not have a choice but to shoot the skunk. Being in a city with nearby neighbours you need licenses to be able to do the shooting.
I called all over before I attempted that here in Windsor Ontario and NOBODY would touch it lol. I called every pest control company around here and even called the local wildlife place around here and all they did is suggest a few of the pest control guys I had already contacted. Trust me I did not want to do it but I was on my own on this one lol

They would gladly charge you and come drop some of there traps but if you already trapped it for some reason nobody would go near it. I even told them keep the trap if they come get it but no bites lol

I have an attached garage and keep the garbage and compost out there.
One day I had changed the oil on the truck and left the bay door open.
That evening I heard some rustling in the garage and when I opened the door from the house I came eye to eye with a skunk rummaging through the garbage.
I gently closed the door, let him get back to his meal of chicken bones and apple cores. I figured what the hell he'll finish and leave happy with a full stomach, no harm no foul (odor).

But then he proceeded to explore every square foot of my garage before he left.
How do I know?
Because at some point, he ended up in the open tray of used motor oil, then traversed on top of behind and under everything, leaving used diesel oil paw prints and not so bushy tail tracks everywhere.

As a gift of thanks for the fine dining, he then took a dump in the corner before he left.

How do you avoid getting sprayed by an especially angered and trapped skunk

The traps are small enough the skiunk can't lift tail and spray..

It's not a 100% guarentee, but in general it doesn't happen.

Skunks just smell like skunk even without spraying though.. They've always had a slight spray smell.

The bad part of trapping a skunk is actually what do you do with it after you trap it..

FUnny story lol..

My inlaws trapped a skunk once.. THey called me to deal with it.. I was on the way to go fishing with a buddy (in his truck).. Neither of us had ever had to deal with a trapped skunk yet..

We drive to their house, and see the trap they used is a totally solid plastic trap.. You'd have to shot through the plasitc trap to shoot the skunk in the trap..

So we put the trap and skunk in the back of his truck.. Drive to a back field..

We had a single shot shotgun and a 22.. We debated which to use and figured a 22 to the head woudl kill it and not put holes through the body cavity and cause leakage/smell

I took the 22... And he carried the trap about 30 feet from his truck and opened the door to the trap.

The skunk refused to leave the trap so I could shoot it.

Buddy kicked the trap.. made the situation worse as the skunk started freaking out and didn't want to leave the comofrt of the enclosed trap.

Buddy picked the back of the trap up and shook it until the skunk slide out.. He dropped the trap and ran.. The skunk was getting his bearing (doing circles).. I got it in my site and shot it.. Nothing happened though.. I never realized how small a skunks head was and how badly that 22 was zeored lol..

Skunk started looking around and trying to lift its tail and figure out what to aim at..

I couldn't get a 2nd shot at its head because it was spinning around and trying to lift the tail

Buddy grabbed the shot gun and whacked it.. Skunk instantly started squirting spray out where it lay dead.

We never got directly hit, but if you've ever been near a skunk spraying you know the spray once it gets in the air, sticks to everything lol

We both smelled like skunk the entire day and his truck smelt like skunk for a few weeks because we left the doors open when we shot it.

Just a side note..
I personally don't believe in killing an animal for no reason.. But with skunks, if you trap and realese it anywhere near someone else's home, you just gave your problem to someone else. Which is not right.. It's awful dealing with a dog that has been sprayed with a skunk and the spray can actually cause blindess. So I shoot them..

Once I started trapping coyotes/wolves.. I actually take the dead skunk and throw it in my snaring area.. Coyotes/wolves will come from miles to a skunk once they catch a wiff of it.