Surgery during/after cycle

rygran

Trusted Member
Wondering if anyone has experience with this. Everything I'm reading online says to NOT have any surgeries will on AAS, but how long should you be off before having a surgery done? Would after pct be ok? are there any risks?

Just an FYI, I had two knee replacements and a Achilles tendon repair while on cycle. Not saying you should though.

Just an FYI, I had two knee replacements and a Achilles tendon repair while on cycle. Not saying you should though.

Did the doc know? Any issues during/after? The healing benefits would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the doc know? Any issues during/after? The healing benefits would be nice

Doc didn't know. The pre-surgery work-up was unremarkable with all bloods that are important being good. Absolutely no issues that can be attributed to AAS use, but my first knee did get infected which is rather common. As for healing I don't know if it helped or not.

I dropped down to 100 mg a week of test before my colon surgery, in hindsight I’m kicking myself in the ass and should have left it at 200 mg a week to help with healing.

Donate blood about 3 weeks before no sooner than 2 weeks before surgery if possible (if you are going to keep your gear higher) to reduce the chance of blood clots. The type of surgery I had is bad for clots so they even actually got me to wear compression leggings and asked for me to leave them on until the next day.
If you are staying in the hospital they will inject you with a blood thinner. You will need to stop taking fish oil or asprin if you take it before surgery. Also no Advil. This will be explained to you though.

I woukd personally stop everything except test.

You have some gh as well don’t you? After your surgery 2 iu a day around 8 pm. I take it eod so I don’t get any insulin rssistance. That will help your healing. See I waited 10 days before using gh, because I wasn’t sure how it would effect the healing of my colon, and didn’t want to chance fucking something up. But after 10 days I figured the main matrix of healing had laid down it’s foundation, and I have found it has greatly sped up the healing process.

Mind you I heal quickly and am a bit crazy so you cannot go by my results. I was told by my surgeon that 3 weeks before I’d feel good enough to work, I was back after a week. I was restricted to lifting 10-15 pounds, but kept it around 30, and by around day 10 allowed a very controlled lift of 50 a few times. I was careful I didn’t want to herimate one of my incisions, so I lifted without creating any internal pressure by breathing out during the lift and focusing on the muscles lifting. (Thank you mind to muscle connection).

Anyhow way off topic now. But I would run a min of 200 mg of test and run gh afterwards. Maybe wait a couple of days before the gh, just to let nature work it’s magic first.

What are you getting operated on?

Btw I did not tell anyone about it. I was running hrt, donated 3 weeks before and had absolutely no issues.

Oh and in case you were wondering I had the surgery on feb 12 this year, so I’m still healing with the help of gh right now.

Torn rotator cuff, so I’ll be in and out. Right now my plan is to be done pct about 4 weeks before. I want to get healed up as fast as possible so the gh is a good idea.

Do you cycle on and off?
Man I bet a min of 150 mg of test a week would be really beneficial. Lower amount though, not to stop tendon healing.
And yeah gh for sure. I’d start that the day I got surgery done.

You’ll be on pain meds for sure, likely some type of opioid. Make sure you take restorlax or peg3550 every day if you want to shit without getting constipated, lol. Hydromorphine and other opioids slow down the movement of the waste in your colon, so more water is drawn out and you become constipated unless you take restorlax. Btw it doesn’t make you shit yourself, just helps to retain some water in your feces. It’s not a laxative in the sense of making you poop laxitave, more like fiber is considered a laxative.

I don’t think you have issues with clotting because you’ll be moving around, not bed ridden like I was for a few days.

I woukd not want to go into surgery with low test levels, so if maybe 2 moths post pct, sure but not too soon afterwards. That would likely slow healing.

Btw this all just my opinion, you do what makes you feel comfortable.

Oh and there is a product called Smooth Move tea, it is a gentile laxative, that you buy at Loblaws, that can help if you get really constipated. Nice thing about it is you don’t gets stomach cramps. Drink it before bed, poop in morning, lol.

Ive been holding off trt because my levels while low are still in the “normal” range. Ie. I feel like normal shit when off. Anyway, I think what you’re saying makes sense. Give myself 60 days post pct to recover for the best chance at healing faster

You might want to look into bpc 157 as well. Supposed to do winders with tendon healing. I tried it on my gut, hoping it would reduce scar tissue, and it did try to remodel it, but damn gave me pain. So it wasn’t something I could use for that. But for tendons, I bet it would do the trick. Do some research,

You also don’t need to inject it right into the area, someplace close will work.