Smoking alot of weed and physique appearance

still dealing with this at work. One guy was just let go for it. He had been with the company over a decade. Still get the same response from the dumbasses too. "It's legal". Well so is alcohol but you can't drink that at work either. Hopefully it was worth it to him.

You'd be surprised the amount of functioning addicts in our world, not just with cannabis but even drugs like meth, cocaine, heroin. Im sure there are lots of top CEO's/highly successful people who can get away with it. There are medical prescriptions for cannabis now as well so if it helps someone and improves their quality of life who are we to say otherwise?

The funny thing with cannabis is that lots of older folk hate it/have a negative stigma towards it as that's how they were raised.... until they need CBD for their arthritis or THC for pain and then all of a sudden its the best thing in the world!!! :rolleyes:

Everything effects everyone differently. The key is being able to moderate and find what helps you, not what hinders you.
What is an older folk?

I'd say like baby boomer demographic but im sure there are some outliers too
You are way off the mark on weed use in the Boomer generation. We were the first generation to consume pot regularly, albeit many musicians in the blues genre were heavy pot users in the Silent Generation. We were also the first generation to have smoke-ins to rally against the archaic drug laws of the day, and NORML was constantly pushing for legalization. No stigma at all. The 70s were a drug-hazed decade.
Something to consider is arthritis is not just a disease of the "older folks," as it can hit anyone at any time. My arthritis started in my early twenties. Kids can get juvenile idiopathic arthritis.

You are way off the mark on weed use in the Boomer generation. We were the first generation to consume pot regularly, albeit many musicians in the blues genre were heavy pot users in the Silent Generation. We were also the first generation to have smoke-ins to rally against the archaic drug laws of the day, and NORML was constantly pushing for legalization. No stigma at all. The 70s were a drug-hazed decade.
Something to consider is arthritis is not just a disease of the "older folks," as it can hit anyone at any time. My arthritis started in my early twenties. Kids can get juvenile idiopathic arthritis.
Im sure there are lots of boomers who consume now days and the music industry definitely had a heavy influence from cannabis you're not wrong there. But to say there is no stigma in those generations is wild - look at propaganda like "Reefer Madness" people grew up with these things and were terrified of weed lol.

Yes, the 70's were fueled by drugs and music and this is also when the term/stereotype for hippies was created... typical pot smoker, no job, peace over war, etc... Sounds like a stigma to me. Im well aware arthritis can happen at any age, its just an example as I used to work on the medical side within the cannabis industry and can tell you 80-90% of the old folk who were prescribed were using it to treat arthritis and majority of them were scared to consume cannabis even when prescribed by a professional. Thats my personal experience and yours may have been different growing up but I know even from asking friends if their grandparents consume most would say no - most people grew up drinking as alcohol was the societal norm.

1698258328997.png
(Reefer Madness poster - some of these are hilarious)

Im sure there are lots of boomers who consume now days and the music industry definitely had a heavy influence from cannabis you're not wrong there. But to say there is no stigma in those generations is wild - look at propaganda like "Reefer Madness" people grew up with these things and were terrified of weed lol.

Yes, the 70's were fueled by drugs and music and this is also when the term/stereotype for hippies was created... typical pot smoker, no job, peace over war, etc... Sounds like a stigma to me. Im well aware arthritis can happen at any age, its just an example as I used to work on the medical side within the cannabis industry and can tell you 80-90% of the old folk who were prescribed were using it to treat arthritis and majority of them were scared to consume cannabis even when prescribed by a professional. Thats my personal experience and yours may have been different growing up but I know even from asking friends if their grandparents consume most would say no - most people grew up drinking as alcohol was the societal norm.

View attachment 55556
(Reefer Madness poster - some of these are hilarious)
How old are you? We used to watch Reefer Madness every time it hit the local freak cinema. It was a hilarious movie. It was made in 1936, a wee bit before the Boomers. Hippies come from the 60s. Turn on, tune in, drop out Timothy Leary. In the seventies, we were freaks and rarely drank alcohol. Terrified of weed? LMAO!
1698259104060.jpeg

How old are you? We used to watch Reefer Madness every time it hit the local freak cinema. It was a hilarious movie. It was made in 1936, a wee bit before the Boomers. Hippies come from the 60s. Turn on, tune in, drop out Timothy Leary. In the seventies, we were freaks and rarely drank alcohol. Terrified of weed? LMAO!
View attachment 55557
Most people don't even know who Timothy Leary is unless you are into psychedelics so is it possible your experiences are different from others? Lets say you are part of the 50% of boomers who were consuming but that still leaves 50% who don't and could have a negative stigma towards it - Not saying that all boomers don't consume, but to deny there was zero negative stigma existing back then is just wild.

Like I said I used to work on the medical side and can tell you lots of elderly folk grew up believing that weed was going to ruin their life or fuck them up and never touched it because they weren't educated about it... only to have it improve their quality of life when they needed it later on. Same with lots of friends grandparents. Most of them were around the boomer age but I'm sure theres some overlap with different generations like the Silent Generation.

Most people don't even know who Timothy Leary is unless you are into psychedelics so is it possible your experiences are different from others? Lets say you are part of the 50% of boomers who were consuming but that still leaves 50% who don't and could have a negative stigma towards it - Not saying that all boomers don't consume, but to deny there was zero negative stigma existing back then is just wild.

Like I said I used to work on the medical side and can tell you lots of elderly folk grew up believing that weed was going to ruin their life or fuck them up and never touched it because they weren't educated about it... only to have it improve their quality of life when they needed it later on. Same with lots of friends grandparents. Most of them were around the boomer age but I'm sure theres some overlap with different generations like the Silent Generation.
Everybody I know knows who Timothy Leary was. Maybe I do have different experiences from others, but don't we all? By the way, I was in the marijuana business long before you, and there was no stigma amongst the Boomers. Maybe some of the parents. What the heck is elderly?
You didn't answer my question about your age. It's cool if you don't.

Everybody I know knows who Timothy Leary was. Maybe I do have different experiences from others, but don't we all? By the way, I was in the marijuana business long before you, and there was no stigma amongst the Boomers. Maybe some of the parents. What the heck is elderly?
You didn't answer my question about your age. It's cool if you don't.
Sounds like you have some cool friends lol I wish more people knew :LOL: and yes different experiences all around for sure its always good to hear others views. I'm late twenties/early thirties if that helps.

Sounds like you have some cool friends lol I wish more people knew :LOL: and yes different experiences all around for sure its always good to hear others views. I'm late twenties/early thirties if that helps.
Bagua is actually 23.....and his knees are like only 3 years old.

I see what bboy is saying it was a specific political party and part of America who were dead against hippies. Starting with Nixon but all those people were lied to and manipulated because it was all an fbi op to cause distrust of blacks and hippies. Wasn't Timothy leary actually trained by the c.i.a in brainwashing along with Manson, Timothy McVey and a few others..I think one of there major goals was to discredit any anti vietnamers

Last edited:
We should let this thread get back on track because we are slipping into rec drug talk.

I never had a problem with it. I remained productive always paid my bills, got educated, and am now making good money. I never understood how a bit of thc stole people’s intelligence and motivation - maybe I’m wired different?
Depends on your definition " a bit of THC" and your Genetic make up, Like a someone that can not handle booze at all after 2 beers is buzzed out...and the other guy need 10

I was a heavy user for the past 3 years, I quit completely about 6 weeks ago to see if it would have an effect on my mental health, Anectodatally, I do feel like quitting made me look a little less watery and puffy but I mainly found benefit in the renewed focus and clarity with training. Not being high all the time makes me more of a robot with my training and nutrition which is fantastic for bodybuilding lol. On a side note I found myself really struggling with times when I was sober, when you are high like that all the time, it makes those times when you are not high pretty unbearable, or at least that was my experience.

The half life of weed is quite long, as a heavy user, and being only six weeks off it, you're not truly sober, and your mind definitely hasn't had time to reset yet.

I suggest keeping at it.

I was a heavy user and my mental health has improved by leaps and bounds but it took about a year and a half before I was really clear headed and level.

Depends on your definition " a bit of THC" and your Genetic make up, Like a someone that can not handle booze at all after 2 beers is buzzed out...and the other guy need 10
All depends on the person. I know guys including myself that can smoke all day and work circles around guys and do a quality job. ( i dont anymore btw)
I also know guys that can have 1 puff and be a completely useless vegetable.
I know other guys that are completely useless vegetables without smoking anything..lol. its one of those things that really effects people different.