SHBG

ABMonkey

PCTing.
Trusted Member
So since I started B&C my SHBG as declined significantly. This is only over a year and a half.

It started in high 40's and now it hovers between 22-25. I've had lots of BW and it shows the decline.

Anyone got any thoughts as to why?

Havent deliberately tried lowering it, havent used proviron etc.

So since I started B&C my SHBG as declined significantly. This is only over a year and a half.

It started in high 40's and now it hovers between 22-25. I've had lots of BW and it shows the decline.

Anyone got any thoughts as to why?

Havent deliberately tried lowering it, havent used proviron etc.

Isn’t that a good thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what might be lowering yours but mine is fairly low as well @ 17 nmol/L. I've read that Zinc, magnesium, & vitamin D can have significant positive effects on lowering SHBG. I just discovered that Boron can be a huge contributor to lowering it as well.

I remember looking up sex hormone effect on body composition trying to find ways to replicate a mesomorph body type by manipulating hormones.

Oddly it showed those who were leaner had higher SHBG. This was a correlation and not causation effect though.

does anyone know whether high or low shbg levels impact body composition and in what way?

I remember looking up sex hormone effect on body composition trying to find ways to replicate a mesomorph body type by manipulating hormones.

Oddly it showed those who were leaner had higher SHBG. This was a correlation and not causation effect though.

does anyone know whether high or low shbg levels impact body composition and in what way?
You know it’s too bad I never got hormone tests like 10 years ago. I was always lean, could never put on fat no matter how much I ate. Well I could but I ate 7000 calories for almost and I only weighed 125 lbs when I started, was 160 10 months later.
Now I get fatter fairly easily. My shbg is low now. Too bad I didn’t know what it was before.

Sure...

But why!? LOL. (Why has it got lower, not why isnt it a good thing!)

This one is beyond my knowledge base....sorry

My assumption is that SHGB is driven by your natural testosterone production. It makes sense to me that with shutdown or near shutdown (if you use hcg) while on cruise you would have low SHGB

I was leaner when my SHBG was higher but that may have just been a coincidence. I've been pretty 'bulky' for the past 6 months and my SHBG is almost half of what it was.

This one is beyond my knowledge base....sorry

My assumption is that SHGB is driven by your natural testosterone production. It makes sense to me that with shutdown or near shutdown (if you use hcg) while on cruise you would have low SHGB

Then I guess the next question on the same topic would be...

If one has a lower SHBG surely it would be beneficial for them to pin more frequently?

You know it’s too bad I never got hormone tests like 10 years ago. I was always lean, could never put on fat no matter how much I ate. Well I could but I ate 7000 calories for almost and I only weighed 125 lbs when I started, was 160 10 months later.
Now I get fatter fairly easily. My shbg is low now. Too bad I didn’t know what it was before.

from what I found it seems
Higher Testosterone & shbg are correlated with lower body fat
Higher estrogen is correlated with higher bf
But too low estrogen causes extreme increase in fat gain

oddly higher t3 levels are correlated with higher bf too

this is correlation, so it doesn’t mean high shbg causes lower bf, it could be the lower bf causing the higher shbg

but at the same time, for some reason higher estrogen causes the body to oxidize fat as fuel over carbohydrate & leucine

honestly I got too confused trying to figure out the “magical” formula and gave up.

A bit off topic but I experimented with different ways of using gear though and found a few things (I can’t explain it)

spikes in androgens work way better than constant high levels.
I tried everyday injections of test (and other compounds) vs 1x per week injections. I always got bloated/gained weight with everyday injections, looked worse overall.
I actually started using sustanon for trt, 1 injection every 7-10 days. I’d stay way leaner, but side effects were worse, got bad acne from it

I wonder if the spike and eventual drop in testosterone caused my body to release certain hormones like shbg which causes certain effects to happen?
I noticed when I get fat easily my dhea/shbg are low, can’t tell if it’s a correlation or causation effect though

Last edited:
Then I guess the next question on the same topic would be...

If one has a lower SHBG surely it would be beneficial for them to pin more frequently?
Why...what is your hypothesis? I suspect that SHGB will be lower if shutdown...no matter how often you pin.

Why...what is your hypothesis? I suspect that SHGB will be lower if shutdown...no matter how often you pin.
I'm not 100% on the reasoning (because it's what I've read been parroted) but the consensus was lower SHGB and more frequent pinning would mean less peaks and troughs.

This is something that I have read, I dont know a lot about it...

You know after doing tests and seeing the results, I find that if I use a dose that I feel good on, and all other markers are fine, I just ignore it because way too many what ifs, plus I bet you would need 10 years of school to just scrape the surface of understanding how everything interconnects.

You know after doing tests and seeing the results, I find that if I use a dose that I feel good on, and all other markers are fine, I just ignore it because way too many what ifs, plus I bet you would need 10 years of school to just scrape the surface of understanding how everything interconnects.

I agree. As you know I’m a data driven guy but my SHGB is just one thing I never pay attention to. Because from my blood work the number never seem drive how I feel or look

I agree. As you know I’m a data driven guy but my SHGB is just one thing I never pay attention to. Because from my blood work the number never seem drive how I feel or look

I’m going to do my last test in a bit here full of test and primo and see where my shbg is.
Fuck I havnt been on cycle in almost 2 years, I feel big and strong, lol.

from what I found it seems
Higher Testosterone & shbg are correlated with lower body fat
Higher estrogen is correlated with higher bf
But too low estrogen causes extreme increase in fat gain

oddly higher t3 levels are correlated with higher bf too

this is correlation, so it doesn’t mean high shbg causes lower bf, it could be the lower bf causing the higher shbg

but at the same time, for some reason higher estrogen causes the body to oxidize fat as fuel over carbohydrate & leucine

honestly I got too confused trying to figure out the “magical” formula and gave up.

A bit off topic but I experimented with different ways of using gear though and found a few things (I can’t explain it)

spikes in androgens work way better than constant high levels.
I tried everyday injections of test (and other compounds) vs 1x per week injections. I always got bloated/gained weight with everyday injections, looked worse overall.
I actually started using sustanon for trt, 1 injection every 7-10 days. I’d stay way leaner, but side effects were worse, got bad acne from it

I wonder if the spike and eventual drop in testosterone caused my body to release certain hormones like shbg which causes certain effects to happen?
I noticed when I get fat easily my dhea/shbg are low, can’t tell if it’s a correlation or causation effect though

Ive really been trying to figure this TRT and proper levels out to lately and reading alot of posts about TRT / SHBG. I too have found that I have run TRT from 100mg/wk to 120mg/wk up to 140mg /wk at the highest split in 2 using 0.5mg adex each shot and i felt strong in the gym but also winded and would put on fat very quickly and it baffled me. My SHBG is very low at 10 and I think i burn up and excrete the T very quickly and also convert higher than normal because of that. Either my e2 was still too high for me per say as it was 22-24 on trough day and maybe then it is quite elevated out of range the day after the injection, or that 22 is actually just too low of an e2 level for me when my free T on that dose is 1000 and its not a great ratio. I always though more is better and im really been thinking hard that for legit trt its the exact opposite and messes with more things than helps for long term. Id like to find the highest dose to run without having side effects to chase and manage. Im afraid to dial back and start again in case i have zero libido or erections, but i dont have them great now at 140 and think at 100 / wk split into 3 shots m/w/f as everything was almost better but that was 5 years ago and hard to exactly remember.