really questioning multivitamins

animal-inside

Trusted Member
I've always taken one, but now I am seriously reconsidering their worth..

over the last 20 years I have moved towards supplementing for what I believe I need to for me specifcally.. Not just throw multivitamins in the mix just because they are supposed to "broadly cover our needs". I'm reading multivitiman labels and if you truly need more of a vitamin/mineral, these multily vitamins don't even seem to provide enought to make a difference for a diffifency.

I migfht be removing multi vitmamin from my regime once I use up what I currently have.

Thoughts?

I take them but not sure if they do much.

They aren’t that expensive so I figure it’s a bit of low cost insurance as I don’t think there is any detriment to taking them.

I take them post workout personally. How much is necessary I don’t know. What I do know is that I buy multivitamins from Costco and 60 $ covers almost a year worth so it’s a cheap insurance . I’ve always believed on “ in the long run stuff” if I save a dollar a day or snowballs over twenty years and I have a million dollars with interest. Same thing with vitamins and anything health related .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take them post workout personally. How much is necessary I don’t know. What I do know is that I buy multivitamins from Costco and 60 $ covers almost a year worth so it’s a cheap insurance . I’ve always believed on “ in the long run stuff” if I save a dollar a day or snowballs over twenty years and I have a million dollars with interest. Same thing with vitamins and anything health related .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with always keepign in mind long run.. But have you actually read the bottle to see what amounts of what is in those multivitamins? Really not much.. So if your diet isn't say providing enough vitamin E, your not going to get the addtional from your mult V.

I did some reading a long time ago about vitamin/mineral supplement quality.. Most multi V's out there are just junk for neing able to be absorbed, quality, etc.. After reading that, I switched to Canada protien "superman multi V and mineral". I do feel the quality of these is better, but again is it needed? And is it helping at the doses they are at?

Superman from CP isn't cheap, especially compared to the costo ones ( I used these before I switched to CP stuff".

It woudl be amazing if there was a way to get ALL your vitamin/mineral blood levels checked convinetly. Than you'd know for sure if you were wasting money on this stuff.

Ive been taking the same multi for about 10 yrs. Its become pretty expensive over that last few years but its good quality and supposed to have a high absorbency rating. ORAC score or something. But i do notice a difference if i stop taking it for too long. Besides that i take 8000 iu of D3 and 50 mg zinc separate.

1675026834995.jpeg

I take ag1 which is really good. Also I'd trust the multi vitamins on canadianprotein.com but I'd think they aren't needed unless you are cutting, have a restrictive diet or are vegan/vegetarian. What matters most is the vitamins and minerals you are deficient in and then supplementing those. The multi might have 38 ingredients you don't need. The only sups I think everyone should take for sure is vitamin d in canada, and Omega 3. Passed that I'd say judge it on deficiencies in blood work.

I use to take multivitamins, but not sure if they ever benefited me. Currently take vitamin D as do not get much sunlight in the canadian winter.

Most of them are pretty useless. Most studys are done on cheap store brand tablets that dont have much of anything. I take now adam softgels, but I only take 1 and the dose is 2 or 3

So if your diet isn't say providing enough vitamin E, your not going to get the addtional from your mult V.
I think the idea of low dose makes sense, the key word is if you’re not getting enough the multi tops up. If you have a decent diet you’re not really deficient maybe not quite enough hence the multi topping up. The idea isn’t having a multi being your only source.

If I feel the need for a multi-vitamin I will takeGenuine Health greens detox and knock off the vitamin need and also includes all kind of herbs/products that have some teeth for organ protection like phosphatidyl choline, spirulina, wheatgrass, Chlorella, NAC, milk thistle, licorice root, and probiotics, etc.
Looking for a cheap option to get a decent product with a lot in it - if the label is accurate it is a good product. You are not getting the same dosage you would get if you bought licorice root by itself and look up what real licorice root does in terms of liver protection/healing if your wondering why I mention it.