Post pain after blood donation or phleboyomy

Bigbear

The Kodiak
Trusted Member
I just did a phlebotomy and my bicep is quite painful when I straighten or flex and even without any movement. Is this common? She said she accidentally took a little too much also maybe the cuff was on top tight

Was there any pain or discomfort when the needle initially went in?

Once when donating blood, the phlebotomist was brand new and fucked my arm up pretty bad. Right when she punctured the skin it was painful. Following, the tendon felt extremely tight and sore. There was a significant amount of bruising too. The pain discomfort improved day by day but if I recall correctly, i was unable to train at full capacity for about a week because of it.

T
Was there any pain or discomfort when the needle initially went in?

Once when donating blood, the phlebotomist was brand new and fucked my arm up pretty bad. Right when she punctured the skin it was painful. Following, the tendon felt extremely tight and sore. There was a significant amount of bruising too. The pain discomfort improved day by day but if I recall correctly, i was unable to train at full capacity for about a week because of it.
that's probably what happened

For some reason when i get blood drawn some of the workers like to push down real hard as they pull the pin out resulting in them scratching my tendon. Its happened multiple times. Now when i get blood drawn i always ask them not to press down until the pin is actually out or apply only slight pressure. Its been good everytime since. I would be in pain for a few days sometimes. They can be rough sometimes. I guess after doing that many blood draws they get careless. Not professional.

For some reason when i get blood drawn some of the workers like to push down real hard as they pull the pin out resulting in them scratching my tendon. Its happened multiple times. Now when i get blood drawn i always ask them not to press down until the pin is actually out or apply only slight pressure. Its been good everytime since. I would be in pain for a few days sometimes. They can be rough sometimes. I guess after doing that many blood draws they get careless. Not professional.
That sounds like it could be the cause too it didn't hurt at all until pulling it out

Only time I had aching like you was when I was stupid and trained that night after giving blood.
After that I always waited a couple days before training upper body

Shit happens, everything isn’t perfect every time.
Just like when once and a while a shot is pippy.

Wow, almost looks like when i had a nurse try to flush my iv and then he burst my blood vessel. Half my forearm was purple