Picked up a project car

musclememory

Independently Impoverished
I've had a couple of projects cars over the years. I've been without one though for about 17 years. I've been looking on and off for a while. Finally decided to pull the trigger on a former drag car. It's a '78 Z28 Camaro. It's definitely tired and needs a lot of work. But I'm happy about getting a toy car again to play with.1000003599_resize_1709682219319.jpg

Last edited:
I've had a couple of projects cars over the years. I've been without one though fir about 17 years. I've been looking on and off for a while. Finally decided to pull the trigger on a former drag car. It's a '78 Z28 Camaro. It's definitely tired and needs a lot of work. But I'm happy about getting a toy car again to play with.View attachment 61951
What's under the hood

I've had a couple of projects cars over the years. I've been without one though for about 17 years. I've been looking on and off for a while. Finally decided to pull the trigger on a former drag car. It's a '78 Z28 Camaro. It's definitely tired and needs a lot of work. But I'm happy about getting a toy car again to play with.View attachment 61951

I'd love to pick up a project cr, but no idea where I would find the time lol..

God I want a garage. It took me six years to get mine going but now I need to save money for a house so the bigger turbo and supporting mods just sit in my storage. If I had a garage I would rebuild the engine for 500-600hp and that's in a 2600lb AWD car with three differentials. You slam on the gas in the corners and it corners better.

not really a purist I love the simplicity of the old school muscle but an LS swap is very enticing. Either could end up in it.
It would be cool if you keep us posted on the build. I'm living vicariously through you guys projects as all the cars I used to race are now unaffordable.

All you muscle car lovers, buy them before the hipsters drive all the prices up or you'll end up with a Plymouth Prowler.

Edit: Nvm, just googled the Plymouth Prowler... It's selling for 30k+ 🤨 🤦‍♂️

We can't even have shitty things anymore.

Last edited:
It would be cool if you keep us posted on the build. I'm living vigorously through you guys projects as all the cars I used to race are now unaffordable.

All you muscle car lovers, buy them before the hipsters drive all the prices up or you'll end up with a Plymouth Prowler.

Perhaps instead of daydreaming about your fancy motor racing cars you should google "vigorously" too David.

Yours truly,
Schoolmarm Edna

schoolmarm.jpg

It would be cool if you keep us posted on the build. I'm living vicariously through you guys projects as all the cars I used to race are now unaffordable.

Might still be able to find a Dodge Arrow for a good price, lol.

Favorite car right from 67 through to 81
It's been close to 25years since I raced, best times of my life.
I used to race at Sparta drag strip near London Ont. The guys from Georgetown speed shop would rent the track for the day. A group of us would either trailer or drive out cars down. 4:10 ratio rolling down the hwy screams 😱 lol
Awesome score! Enjoy the build

Favorite car right from 67 through to 81
It's been close to 25years since I raced, best times of my life.
I used to race at Sparta drag strip near London Ont. The guys from Georgetown speed shop would rent the track for the day. A group of us would either trailer or drive out cars down. 4:10 ratio rolling down the hwy screams 😱 lol
Awesome score! Enjoy the build
thank you My 69 Nova came out of London. I bought it in 1988. Had it until about 2007. Miss that car but I'm looking forward to this one. Camaros and Novas well 3rd gen Novas anyway, were kissing cousins. Sharing many suspension pieces.