Mma or boxing for hiit

To be completely honest, neither...

True Hiit cardio is a very scientific and measurable approach.. It's only truly able to be accomplished when you can replicate each cardio session EXACTLY to get repeatabe results..

Pulling a weighted sled or pushing a weighted sled timed over a specific distance is the most repeatable hiit cardio Ive come across.
I just mean hiit in the sense that I ramp up intensity and then short rests inbetween

Some good points for exercise hiit etc.

Anaerobic alactic training- 5 to 10 seconds of 100% output, 2 minute rest: fuel: meat, amino acids- amino acids from meat are converted by the liver, kidneys and pancreas into creatine phosphate where through the catalytic activity known as creatine kinase produces ATP. Once the atp is used up within the 10ish seconds phosphocreatine is then used to reform atp in the muscle again.

Anaerobic lactic system-10 to 60 seconds of output. Fuel:carbohydrates-This exercise causes glycolisis where Glycogen particles in muscle are freed during during the anaerobic activity and then oxidized to produce pyruvic acid,
When lacking oxygen this will then ferment and create lactic acid, this lactic acid is your cells energy source during training.

Aerobic training-fuel: carbs/protein/oxygen-3 mins+ of out put where glucose and oxygen react to create atp.

Last edited:
I used to fight mma and kickboxing.

I used to use light weights and Olympic lifts to keep my heart rate above 170 for a half an hour straight. Could only rest until heart rate hit 170 then back at it. Not a lot of rest in there. Good for learning to deal with lactic acid build up as well.

As far as hitt, I had a hill I used to sprint. 45 seconds steep uphill, 1 minute jog on the way down. Heart rate around 200 at the top of the hill. Record was 28 sprints. Super intense.

Heart is like any other muscle. As you train it it will get stronger.