Max omega 3 dose

Durk

Trusted Member
So I got two bottles of that super high dosed liquid omega 3 by progressive on sale for extremely cheap at Popeyes. The only problem is it expires in March. Now I’m sure an unopened bottle will be ok if I finish it by the end of may.

A tea spoon is 2.7gs

A table spoon is about 3x the size so = 8.1

I don’t as thinking of taking 3 table spoons a day to drink it before it expires too much so about 24gs a day.

Any harm in this?

I used to take 12k grams/day (4 softgels 3x/day) without any issue at all if that helps

Older fish oil always psyche's my out, even though it's fine. I'm wondering about dosages too I need to buy some more this weekend anyone know the good value brand as well?

How many MG of DHA/DHA, is in a 5ml or 15ml serving?
I'm thinking you meant DHA/EPA bud :)
Older fish oil always psyche's my out, even though it's fine. I'm wondering about dosages too I need to buy some more this weekend anyone know the good value brand as well?
I always open one up and smell it before consuming, if it smells too fishy I'm out, and I return it to where I got it from.
Same strategy as I use for women actually. Actually I don't return the women, if I can I sneak a 20 out of their purse for them and tell them to catch a cab, but I digress...

I can't vouch for the quality although fwiw it seems fine, but value wise I use the equate brand from walmart. You'd have to do the math but if you get right down to it I'd guess that a big jug of the oil rather than gel caps would be most economical.
Note the comments about DHA/EPA, that's what actually matters, not the amount of oil but the density/quality nutrient wise.

I bet you could freeze the other bottle no issue, especially if its a plastic bottle and extra d the shelf life. I know the oil may not completely freeze, but any bacterial growth will be slowed.

I'm thinking you meant DHA/EPA bud :)

I always open one up and smell it before consuming, if it smells too fishy I'm out, and I return it to where I got it from.
Same strategy as I use for women actually. Actually I don't return the women, if I can I sneak a 20 out of their purse for them and tell them to catch a cab, but I digress...

I can't vouch for the quality although fwiw it seems fine, but value wise I use the equate brand from walmart. You'd have to do the math but if you get right down to it I'd guess that a big jug of the oil rather than gel caps would be most economical.
Note the comments about DHA/EPA, that's what actually matters, not the amount of oil but the density/quality nutrient wise.
Jesus this reminds me of a story. Me and my best friend brought a couple girls home from the bar, his chick smelled so bad I could smell it from across the room, anyhow the next day i asked him if he banged her, and he said no, but I ate her out.

Barf..

So I got two bottles of that super high dosed liquid omega 3 by progressive on sale for extremely cheap at Popeyes. The only problem is it expires in March. Now I’m sure an unopened bottle will be ok if I finish it by the end of may.

A tea spoon is 2.7gs

A table spoon is about 3x the size so = 8.1

I don’t as thinking of taking 3 table spoons a day to drink it before it expires too much so about 24gs a day.

Any harm in this?
It's been studied and you're fine. You can also extend the shelf life drastically by throwing it in the freezer. I'd recommend 1 gram of epa and 1 gram of dha per day.

It's a lot better absorbed from fish if you don't mind seafood. I eat 7 cans of sardines a week which works out to about $13 butni get cals and protein too.

It's a lot better absorbed from fish if you don't mind seafood. I eat 7 cans of sardines a week which works out to about $13 butni get cals and protein too.

I eat them when I’m on a cutting phase , I will always take one day off a week though personally just because I’m afraid of getting. Mercury poison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I eat them when I’m on a cutting phase , I will always take one day off a week though personally just because I’m afraid of getting. Mercury poison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out the satiety index for cutting, it's a game changer.

Sardines have the lowest level of mercury of any fish to the point where it isn't really a problem since they're at the bottom of the food chain. They can have high arsenic levels which is a concern, that's why I don't eat like 3 cans a day. If you're worried about heavy metals I'd switch between salmon and sardines. Or a high quality supplement.

I wouldn't go over 3500mg daily but I'm sure lots of guys here do and have absolutely no problems.

Yes, sardines on some toast during bulk with butter and onions...My word...Also, i love pickled herring with a side of potassium lol...for salt control, i agree man..I take fish oils and religiously, but i do enjoy seas foods as well, i miss living on the island for that reason, every weekend without fail maybe the odd fail if something real important came up Prince Rupert was also extremely good for the ocean food and learning the spots is fun.,

i would be out on the ocean in our boat from March to November, prawns, crabs, cod, halibut ...I caught some salmon, but im just not a fan, but the others, loved it...It was like hunting is for me inland..I really enjoy it, but the meat in the freezer, and the feeling of harvesting and supplying your stuff is awesome sorry went off a bit, but its a passion and when you said sardines i went to the cupboard and i have plenty, so time to get them back in the diet..