Lowering My Test To Get Prescribed TRT - An Experiment/Log

Sorry I never noticed the question till just now.....

2. Would alcohol not show up somewhere on the test? I'm supposed to be going in Fasted No, all that will show up is what they test for and they won't be testing you BAC or anything like that. This goes for all testing but that is not to say that things that appear on these tests don't paint a picture that someone knowledgeable could decipher, elevated liver enzymes could tip off oral AAS use for example
3. I hear The Notebook is a gold movie... Perfect addition to the program!

Any results? I hope you'll give a detailed report of what you did and what the results were etc

Hey guys, first of all thanks for all the info posted in this section as well as around the board. It's been extremely valuable to me.

To begin, I'm 26 years old. Training for quite a few years. Diet is not perfect however I'd like to claim that it's pretty damn good. I count my macros and my calories in nearly all my meals and eat what I'd like to think is a well balanced diet for this lifestyle. I train 5-6 days a week, and have somewhat respectable lifts.

A few months ago I went into my doctor's to ask for bloodwork done. Mainly to see if I was safe to start running gear and to establish a baseline. However also because I felt like I had low T. My sex drive is minimal at best, which is pretty shitty for a newly married 26 year old guy. It just isn't cutting it.

Bloodwork came back and I look healthy. Nothing out of range, however my LH levels were 1.1 on a normal scale of 1.1 to 8.8 as well as...

My test levels were 11.1nmol/l on a scale of 8.4 - 28.8. Doctor told me this was in range. From the research I've done, that seems to be in range.... For a 70 year old. I'm a fit 26 year old, I asked myself "how is this normal"? My wife is down to have sex basically as much as I want, and I'm basically not interested 99% of the time.

I asked for him to refer me to an endo. Months of waiting later, led me to today where I went for a visit with the endo. She told me relatively the same thing. "men with low T are usually obese, have splotchy facial hair and little muscle". I fit into none of those categories. But still have low T. A little help doc?

She said they don't treat men unless they are under 10nmol/l. So I'm 1.1 away from possible TRT. For one, this is bullshit. I'm riding the line. Just give it to me. But nope, you don't need a sex drive at 26. That's only for old men.

So her plan is to send me for blood work again and go over it with her in a couple weeks. Today is Monday June 3rd and I'm planning to get bloodwork done Friday morning before work.

I've got to lose 1.1nmol/l on my test levels to have any shot at getting TRT. So my plan is... Reduce Sleep, Calories and fats.

I usually sleep 8 hours a night. Gonna cut that down to 4 for the next 4 night. Cutting calories down to 1250 is my plan, extremely low fat and an hour+ of cardio a day.

Shit is going to suck. But only for 4 days. Gotta drop about 10% on my T levels. Let's see if it works.

If it doesn't, I'll be approaching a source that is well reviewed on this board to hopefully supply me with their "prescription pad" and I'll be taking things into my own hands.

Just gonna log here and see what happens. Here goes nothing!
Any update on this? Just curious how you got along.

Since T is directly produced based on HTPA input, shorting that system can drop your T levels dramatically. I've thought about doing this as I can't find a reliable UGL right now.

The hypothalamus senses Estrogen primarily, as T is converted into E by aromatase (which is why AI's work so well to reduce E, and therefore increase T production). If you can increase your E and E2 levels somehow (Think... Estrogen based female birth control with a short half life so your E2 bloodwork isn't through the roof) your HTPA axis will shut down, as it assumes all that E/E2 came from aromatizing T. No more gonadal T output. T levels should tank.

But like, this is some serious next level body hacking. Be prepared for sides, and since I've never done this (nor do I specifically condone it) it could take a few weeks to recover.

FWIW, my endo does bloods monthly. So, it may be hard to keep the ruse up.

Sorry I never noticed the question till just now.....

Any results? I hope you'll give a detailed report of what you did and what the results were etc

So I got bloods done on the Friday. Cut down my sleep to about 4.5 hours a night for the few nights before then Thursday night cut it down to about an hour and a half.

Got bloods drawn on Friday, results nearly immediately. Test levels 9.2 on a scale of 8.8-28. Down about 2 points. Endo called me yesterday and said that I'm still in range so there's nothing she can do.

MSP cancelled the free test and other tests since my total test was in range once again.

So basically I've decided to fuck the system and just cruise myself for a year and see if that fixes any of the issues I've been having with sex drive and such. If it does, I'll come off once I'm suppressed and revisit the idea of going through another endo.

So test was definitely noticeably lower than the first test, however no clue if that could just be part of a natural dip and rise pattern in t levels or if it was affected by sleep or not. Either way, having T levels of an 80 year old man isn't enough to warrant any interest from an endo.

Your endo should hold their head in shame. Ranges should be used for reference and not gospel not to mention symptoms should factor in as much as the number. Your not the only one in this boat @StraightSideways and it angers me to see another guy get screwed and suffer.
Yeah bro, can't say I'm not disappointed there wasn't much effort put in on her end.

However from all the research I've done, it seems pretty common in Canada that TRT or any sort of worthwhile treatment is just luck of the draw getting a supporting doctor.

If doing it myself is the only way right now, that's gonna be the way. If I don't notice a life improvement, I'll come off. If I do, I'll revisit this whole thing crashed as fuck. See if she'll prescribe me at next to zero test levels in a year lol

Yup do your own. I’ve seen my numbers the same with UGL as pharma. 100-125 most likely will make you a happy camper.

Yup do your own. I’ve seen my numbers the same with UGL as pharma. 100-125 most likely will make you a happy camper.
That's the plan. Starting at 100 which seems to be the lower end most people are on. Then we'll go from there with bloodwork and watching BP and such

That's the plan. Starting at 100 which seems to be the lower end most people are on. Then we'll go from there with bloodwork and watching BP and such

I doubt BP will be much of an issue unless you already have high blood pressure. TRT will effect blood sugar, RBC, hematocrit and sometimes estrogen.

I doubt BP will be much of an issue unless you already have high blood pressure. TRT will effect blood sugar, RBC, hematocrit and sometimes estrogen.

Know of any private services that test for that in Canada? Let's get checked doesn't seem to have that testing

So I got bloods done on the Friday. Cut down my sleep to about 4.5 hours a night for the few nights before then Thursday night cut it down to about an hour and a half.

Got bloods drawn on Friday, results nearly immediately. Test levels 9.2 on a scale of 8.8-28. Down about 2 points. Endo called me yesterday and said that I'm still in range so there's nothing she can do.

MSP cancelled the free test and other tests since my total test was in range once again.

So basically I've decided to fuck the system and just cruise myself for a year and see if that fixes any of the issues I've been having with sex drive and such. If it does, I'll come off once I'm suppressed and revisit the idea of going through another endo.

So test was definitely noticeably lower than the first test, however no clue if that could just be part of a natural dip and rise pattern in t levels or if it was affected by sleep or not. Either way, having T levels of an 80 year old man isn't enough to warrant any interest from an endo.
Kinda off topic. My trt doctor once told me 200mg was a perfectly fine long term dose. Assuming you're giving bloods, and your blood work is good

Kinda off topic. My trt doctor once told me 200mg was a perfectly fine long term dose. Assuming you're giving bloods, and your blood work is good
Yeah I feel like that's the case with pretty much everything. As long as your bloodwork is good, then go for it

Since T is directly produced based on HTPA input, shorting that system can drop your T levels dramatically. I've thought about doing this as I can't find a reliable UGL right now.

The hypothalamus senses Estrogen primarily, as T is converted into E by aromatase (which is why AI's work so well to reduce E, and therefore increase T production). If you can increase your E and E2 levels somehow (Think... Estrogen based female birth control with a short half life so your E2 bloodwork isn't through the roof) your HTPA axis will shut down, as it assumes all that E/E2 came from aromatizing T. No more gonadal T output. T levels should tank.

But like, this is some serious next level body hacking. Be prepared for sides, and since I've never done this (nor do I specifically condone it) it could take a few weeks to recover.

FWIW, my endo does bloods monthly. So, it may be hard to keep the ruse up.

At first read thru : r ju kidding me mang?
At 2nd read thru: hmmmmm?

Credit for thinking outside the box either way I guess

@StraightSideways

Sorry bro. Yes the struggle is real. I have seen 3 of the top ranked endo's in my province. All fucking clueless about mens health. I suspect they may have been all over diabetes and maybe thyroid issues but my fav point about those visits was that I had to explain how 1/2 lives work to one of them .

I think I only got as far as i did cause i have a sports med gp and I swamped him with peer reviewed papers where I had hilighted relevant info. Even then I still haven't found a way to get ancillary support without paying a private fee