It seems pretty hard nowadays to see a doctor?

I miss my old GP. He retired quite a few years ago now cuz he was sick of the burocracy too.

He was so old school, just my kind of guy. I have shrapnel in my hand from a ricochet and after reviewing my X-ray he told me that its lodged in the bone behind some tendons that would make it tricky to remove, and that there are guys from WW2 that still have shrapnel in them from the war and they're doing fine so don't worry about it, so it's still in there.

He would prescribe me and my bro T3 and Zopiclone by the 100 count and never asked why. He'd just ask us if 100 was ok... um, yes.

Such a fun guy to shoot the shit with too, I miss him.

I'm so fucking lucky, mine is great. He works out of country for a month each year and I get a little apprehensive that he won't come back. He's a healthy active guy, he get's me. I feed him food for thought as I have an interest in keeping him healthy, we have some great discussions.
I don't want to sound like I'm bragging lol, just grateful

I've been calling some clinics around my area but they've all told me that they're not accepting new patients. I'm assuming there ain't enough doctors for everyone in Vancouver lol. Free healthcare but I don't know if it's accessible for clueless individuals like myself.
It is so bad in this Province most doctors have moved to being hospitalists and 1/2 the population don't have doctors. You have to go to a clinic and wait at least 1 hour before it opens in a line up to make sure you get seen as they only stay open for 4 hours. You can go the ER anytime and wait anywhere from 12 - 24 hours and this can be found on the Gov't website. Emergency patients are usually 12 months unless you are potentially having a heart attack and that was not sarcasm.
Many provinces have offered to pay for Maple and you chat with a doctor or zoom with them and they will only prescribe certain meds and only deal with certain issues. If they can't diagnose you without an in person visit they send you to the Maple clinic which can mean waiting days to weeks and at times they don't have enough nurse practitioners or docs for the Maple clinic so you get a call to go back to Maple and get back in the cue. They don't just keep you in cue they want you to go back like it is groundhog day. It is the stupidest system I have ever heard of but they make you do it. It used to be 5-10 minutes if you called right at 8 when they wake up but now it is approximately a 3 hour wait to see a doc on Maple.
There is also pay Maple and they follow the same rules. It really is a thorn in my side considering the amount of taxes I pay and am told we have a good medical system but don't have a doctor and probably won't have one for 5 -10 years. Many people I know have been waiting over 8 years as no new docs are coming as they get worked to death and the pay is more in other disciplines like being a hospitalist. The info/pay is all online for anyone to read. It is pretty sad. If I had something serious and can afford it, I am off to Boston where the wait is days and you see all the doctors you need and tests are all done on the same day or the following day. Yes, it costs a lot but if it is life or death and you have the money that is what I would do.
If you have a good doctor as your GP consider yourself blessed - I had one for 20 years, he went to the hospital and I got a new doctor who lasted 2-3 years and couldn't take it anymore and went to the hospital too. Now I am without one.
I would try Maple depending on the issue. You can also pay for your own blood work through a Naturopath if you want to. If anything is wrong they will have a Naturopath talk to the lab and then you and give advice but it isn't inexpensive.
Good luck

It is so bad in this Province most doctors have moved to being hospitalists and 1/2 the population don't have doctors. You have to go to a clinic and wait at least 1 hour before it opens in a line up to make sure you get seen as they only stay open for 4 hours. You can go the ER anytime and wait anywhere from 12 - 24 hours and this can be found on the Gov't website. Emergency patients are usually 12 months unless you are potentially having a heart attack and that was not sarcasm.
Many provinces have offered to pay for Maple and you chat with a doctor or zoom with them and they will only prescribe certain meds and only deal with certain issues. If they can't diagnose you without an in person visit they send you to the Maple clinic which can mean waiting days to weeks and at times they don't have enough nurse practitioners or docs for the Maple clinic so you get a call to go back to Maple and get back in the cue. They don't just keep you in cue they want you to go back like it is groundhog day. It is the stupidest system I have ever heard of but they make you do it. It used to be 5-10 minutes if you called right at 8 when they wake up but now it is approximately a 3 hour wait to see a doc on Maple.
There is also pay Maple and they follow the same rules. It really is a thorn in my side considering the amount of taxes I pay and am told we have a good medical system but don't have a doctor and probably won't have one for 5 -10 years. Many people I know have been waiting over 8 years as no new docs are coming as they get worked to death and the pay is more in other disciplines like being a hospitalist. The info/pay is all online for anyone to read. It is pretty sad. If I had something serious and can afford it, I am off to Boston where the wait is days and you see all the doctors you need and tests are all done on the same day or the following day. Yes, it costs a lot but if it is life or death and you have the money that is what I would do.
If you have a good doctor as your GP consider yourself blessed - I had one for 20 years, he went to the hospital and I got a new doctor who lasted 2-3 years and couldn't take it anymore and went to the hospital too. Now I am without one.
I would try Maple depending on the issue. You can also pay for your own blood work through a Naturopath if you want to. If anything is wrong they will have a Naturopath talk to the lab and then you and give advice but it isn't inexpensive.
Good luck
Are you aware if naturapaths are able to get hormone panels?

Are you aware if naturapaths are able to get hormone panels?

They can, I can confirm this. My wife's friend is one and she does this for me, but unlike my GP she knows what I'm up to so we can discuss things more honestly but I'm the one educating her on my results.

I had a negative experience today with the Drs, thought I'd post/rant. **Other than trying to get on TRT, I've had mostly positive experiences with our medical system.

I went to the endo's office today, located at our biggest hospital, to try and get my blood work results from last Friday. They told me that they can no longer show patients the results from bloodwork. I was obviously like "wtf, that's bullshit, you can't keep my health information from me". They said the only way to get it would be to make an appointment with my doctor (which would probably take 6 weeks to get in, and a giant waste of an appointment) or go down to Medical Records to retrieve it. I attempted the latter and took a journey through the most confusing hospital ever made. Found the place eventually, waited for a bit, filled out a form, and she said "Thank you, you should have it in about 30 days". To which I'm now livid that they can't just print it out. I then went back to the endos and said kindly that I was going to release my frustrations on them unless I got some type of resolve. It ended with them saying they would ask the doctor to release the info on Monday. Not perfect by any means but I was on the edge of snapping so I took it.

I'm going to look into it, but it blows my mind they can withhold that from you.