Iron

Canadiandodo1

Trusted Member
I just recently had surgery and have my blood work papers. My iron is high but I am being recommended by some one to take an iron supplement and make it a part of my daily supplements.
I am unsure why I would have to take a supplement that I am already at the high end of a reference range in? Apparently he knows what he’s talking about. But I’m unsure.

Can I get a second opinion on this?

I wouldn’t touch iron if your on trt or running cycles. Eat meat instead. My rbc and hemoglobin would be through the roof

Rbc was 11.1 as well. Can excessive iron do any damage to the body? I’m reading that it can really bomb your kidneys if it’s high enough for long enough.

Rbc was 11.1 as well. Can excessive iron do any damage to the body? I’m reading that it can really bomb your kidneys if it’s high enough for long enough.
Don't supplement unless you are low in iron, and even in that case, the iron you can get OTC is generally pretty weak. So you would need a script for a good dose or an iron infusion every couple of weeks, but you aren't there by any stretch of the imagination.
You have to be careful reading about kidneys and iron because many people with renal failure also have low iron and need to supplement. I guess you noticed there is a great deal of info out there on iron and kidneys.